Does anyone else prefer to Exercise alone?

Options

Replies

• fraktion
    Options
    If i'm doing weights, I like to alone.

Otherwise, you can't beat a gym buddy for everything else. Especially circuits.

Even better if your gym buddy is fitter than you. Pushes you that little bit further trying to keep up.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yup, I hate exercising with people. Except strangely I like to workout with my boyfriend despite how gross I get... weird :S
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love to train alone. It's my "me" time and I prefer not to chat and BS around when it comes to the gym.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I've always preferred doing it solo, but a few weeks ago my wife starting doing weights with me 2x/week out of my 3. At first I was a little nervous she would slow me down. Well. the workouts do take a little longer, but I'm really liking it. We can watch and comment on each others form and encourage each other. Last time I had my solo day I found myself missing her.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    <-- One girl wolf pack. :laugh:

I prefer shopping alone, too. I just want to do what I have to do and get done, without someone else either rushing me or slowing me down.
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    Definitely alone. My pace my plan...
  • Elfinmajic
    Elfinmajic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's my personal time.
  • jend78
    Options
    I prefer to excercise solo. Being a Mom to a crew of boys, I consider it my "me- time" :)
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I do... unless I'm lifting. I like to have someone pushing me to go a little harder/heavier and in case i can't lift something off of my face haha
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yes that is my time to myself, without interruption. I do my best thinking when I'm running. :D
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I recently tried working out with a partner but it didn't go so well. I only needed a partner so I could perform some Forced Reps right before failure. but in the end the person was more of a distraction, and my intensity level always seemed to slow down.

So I work great alone, earbuds in, music is up, and minding my own business. I don't know anybody on a personal level or even aquaintence level at my gym and that's the way I like it.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    YES!

I love to kayak alone, work out alone, hike alone. Not that I'm opposed to doing them in groups, but if it's the going then it takes away from the "me" time that these activities provide me to reflect and grow within myself. My alone time.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I've been asked to join a group of ladies running, but I like my solitude...I wouldn't mind occasionally walking with a friend, but my exercise I do alone.
  • jen0731
    jen0731 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I prefer alone too. It's "my time" . Plus I feel like I have 12 left feet and don't want someone watching. I still have a lot of flab and know it is jumping around with me. I realize people probably don't pay attention as they are working out and concentrating on their form. It's just my insecurities. I know a lot of people would rather go to the gym or class but for me it works just solo. I enjoy walking alone too.
  • SooZ1138
    Options
    I use my time alone to workout and my time to meditate too... I love it!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I always prefer to workout alone. My husband though sometimes thinks this a great opportunity to "chat". WRONG! It's my "me time". I just let my mind wander where ever it wants.
    Sometimes though I enjoy walking with another; as long as it is understood that this is exercise time and not a "look at the scenery" walk!
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Absolutely prefer to work out alone! I remember when I was younger I use to love to ride my bike along the lakefront (alone) and my counsin wanted to join me one weekend. I had to figure our a way to tell her no; wasn't easy, but that's my time. Also when at gym on treadmill or elliptical, like to have my headphones in and tune into what I'm listening to and tune out the world. I hate when people want to chat while I'm working out. I do a lot of classes, but go alone. Exercise to me is not for socializing, but for sweating! :bigsmile:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't like doing alone is walking.
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    ALONE. It's my yoga, but I don't do yoga, oh...you get the point....:bigsmile:
  • Fitgirlrocks
    Fitgirlrocks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I prefer it alone. I use to lift with a buddy and that worked well because I felt more comfortable pushing my limits with a spot. Since I took up running, prefer to do it along. My pace, my distance, my playlist.