Replies

• PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Well Done!!! You are gorgeous!
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    WOW. These were our family pictures from last year at this time... and then ones from just yesterday. I am so happy that I found MFP and that I was able to reach my goal. I feel great!

I am 5'8.
    I started at 158 and am now 123.
    I did Gillian Michaels 30 day shred.
    I eat 1200 calories per day.
    I try and do at least 30 minutes of cardio 4-5 times per week

IMG_2046-1.jpg
    IMG_2068.jpg
    IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_8604.jpg
    IMG_8729-2_thumb2.jpg
    IMG_8682.jpg

I posted about a month ago when I first hit my goal but the pictures were in my gym clothes so I was excited to post these. Hope its not too repetitive.

I hope this can be motivation for someone else. I know when I started I would just look at the success stories and dream of the day I could post mine. You can do it!

Just wondering when you started and how long it took to reach your goal? Thanks
  • ginabina13
    Options
    You look fabulous!!
  • dat5053
    dat5053 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome. You look amazing. Such great motivation.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, and you're so pretty :)
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    Great job :) You're beautiful :)
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    you look amazing!! do you eat back exercise calories? how long did it take?!

also, your family is too cute. and your outfits are adorable!
  • princessd3b
    princessd3b Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Beautiful and so inspiring!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You look great! Beautiful in both before and after pictures! I love your photographer!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are BEAUTIFUL and your son is a doll! Loving your outfit in current photos too! Great photos.. I really need to do something like this with my husband and son. We have yet to take a family photo session

And since so many people are commenting on your outfit, can you please share where you shop??? :D
  • DSummersCM
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Congratulations!!!
  • BrookeMax
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the positive comments.. I really do appreciate it!

To answer a few questions....

It took me about 5 months total once I really committed to logging all of my food and working out on a regular basis.

To be honest I started really small. I would go to the gym and try to run on the treadmill.... at first after a couple of minutes I was winded and had to walk. But I just kept doing intervals of running and walking. Over time I just tried to make my running spurts longer than the walking ones. On Thanksgiving this year I ran a 10K (6.2 miles) ..I NEVER would have thought I could do it when I first started.

For me food was a huge factor. I saw major weight loss when I would stick to 1200 calories per day. At first I ate back my exercise calories... but then towards the end I stopped because I wasn't as hungry.

I did Gillian Michaels 30DS and to be completely honest I didn't finish the whole 30 days. I did about 16. But I took my measurements on the first day and the last and I lost major inches. I can only imagine how good it would have been if i would have seen it through.

I love walking. Several times per week I would walk anywhere from 5-10 miles at a brisk pace.

I know some people dont agree with this, but I weighed myself every single morning (still do). I kept a journal where I wrote my weight each morning and wrote little notes about how I felt that day... hunger wise and workout stuff. It really was what motivated me the most. If I had a good day I could hardly wait to weigh myself the next morning and write the number in my journal. Im a numbers kind of girl, so it worked for me.

And to the person who asked where I shop: I am very flattered! Thank you. My jeans are Elle brand..from Kohls- they are called "jeggings". ..White shirt from NY&Co...both cardigans from Nordstrom...boots from Macys.....necklace from Nordstom.....belt and bracelets from Charlotte Rousse (normally dont go there, but they had a good deal!)

Thanks again for all of the comments. It makes it feel real to me that I reached my goal. Here's to hoping I can maintain!!
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    WTG!! You look amazing!
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    WTG!! You look amazing!
  • mx2mommy1319
    mx2mommy1319 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!!! Beautiful pictures<3
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Omgosh you look freaking hot! This is very inspiring! The pics looked fine on my PC (not too big). GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    You look amazing.. So happy for you.. Love the pics to cute.. You are a inspiration to others. :)
  • emmiee921
    Options
    Your stunning and you really have the perfect body.
    I'm so jealous!!
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    wow congrats! you look amazing
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    you look great!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!