weight loss and smaller feet?

Options
2»

Replies

• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    IS it true that when you loose weight your feet get smaller??

GOD I hope so!!! I'm a size 12-13 in MEN!!
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It can do but it is width rather than length!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I've lost a 1/2 inch in my feet since my weight loss, I am also no longer wearing wide width shoes! It can happen.
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just for everyone's information. There is only 3/16" difference between shoe 1/2 sizes for length. That's not even 1/4" so it doesn't really take that much of a difference to make you need the next higher or lower shoe size. Just in case anyone was wondering. :tongue:
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I think so...I haven't wore my heels in a long time because they felt to tight. I didn't feel comfy in them anymore. Last week I put a pair on. Couldn't believe I felt comfy in them then started trying on all my others and was too happy they fit again...LMBO!!

^^^ I am waiting for this to happen to me.
  • alexbowser
    Options
    I've lost a whole shoe size, I used to wear a size 10W, but now I wear a 9.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight, my feet were a UK 10 (US 12). They're now a comfy 9, and I'm pretty sure will be back to the 8 I was when I was 18, by the time I get to goal.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    For some it might be true, but I've worn the same shoe size since 7th grade. I was underweight then, and I still wore that size when I was borderline obese.

There have been a couple times when my feet swelled up and I couldn't wear most of my shoes, but that was not related to being fat. It was just some unusual swelling that went back down after a few days. I paid a lot of money for a lot of tests just for the doctors to tell me to "suck it up."
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I've lost a whole shoe size, I used to wear a size 10W, but now I wear a 9.

yup. ^^^^this
  • I sure hope my feet shrink - I wear 11-12 WW. It is so hard to find nice shoes - why do they discriminate against women with big feet? lol
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    This happened to me this week! I thought I was going crazy! I am normally a 7.5 but 6.5 and 7s are all that fit! :) YAY!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I used to be a size 7 and recently started buying size 6.5 shoes due to weight loss lol :(
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I wore a 6.5 or 7 wide width. They've all been donated to the charity shop. I'm wearing a 6 for the moment, but I have a feeling once I lose the other 70 pounds I'll be back to a size 5 and have a tough time finding dress shoes once more.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I am down 1/2 size.
  • helloeunice
    Options
    HOLY CRAP I DEFINITELY DID NOT KNOW THIS.
    I thought my flats just magically shrank or something.
    PHEW.
  • ambibambie
    Options
    i really want my feet to go down 2 sizes, reading things like this give me hope
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    I've had it happen too. Last time I lost about 2 stone (28lbs), I went from a UK8 to a UK7 (but could fit into my friend's UK6) now one foot's a 7.5 and one's a 7 so dunno what happened this time I put weight on, maybe I put it on wonky.
  • danmoffett
    Options
    I know about smaller feet. I've lost 145 pounds. I've had to buy lots of new clothes and new shoes.
    Once something gets too big, out it goes. I'll never go back to the fat clothes or shoes.
    Almost 2 years now and I'm still at my lowest weight.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I hope mine go smaller!.. I'm a ladies 6 (39) and if they shrink half a size I can get much cheaper designer Ugg boots and trainers.. lol! (no VAT on kids sizes in UK (up to 5 1/2) :laugh:
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am so glad someone posted this. I thought I was crazy. All my size 10 shoes are too big for me now. The ones I have on right now are at least 1 size too big. Maybe 2 sizes.