The 14 Day Challenge

Options
In the grand scheme of things how long is 14 days? Do you remember 14 days ago? If you think about it 14 days is a very short amount of time, sometimes it passes us by without us even realizing it. So I propose a challenge, it is only 14 days and its very easy. Anyone can do it-- so join if you want! We can use this same thread.
We will weigh in 3 times. Starting Weight: today, Mid way: December 11 The end: Dec 18.
The challenge: For the next 14 Days you will do 3 things:
1. 30 minutes of cardio
2. Stay under your calories
3. Drink 8 cups of water
*****If you want to join, please stay with it- I'll keep us updated and let everyone know who the biggest loser is midway! Please post here if you want to join, your name, your starting weight (today) and how much you hope to lose by the end of this 14 days and a little bit about yourself******

My name is Tarran, I'm 26 years old and the mother of one beautiful little girl && I have a pretty awesome boyfriend too! Today I weighed in and I've had some REALLY off days for the past 2 weeks so I'm bloated with water bc of sodium and so my goal for this challenge is to lose the water weight and a couple pounds. I'm setting a high goal for myself of 10 lbs because I need to stay dedicated. Feel free to set a normal goal for yourself (2-6 lbs).

Replies

• BackToPreBaby
    Options
    I'm in, if that's okay!
    I'm Jenny, 27 years old . I have a beautiful 18 month old son and unfortunately, my career as a gourmet baker makes it hard to stay away from the "Sweet" stuff.
    I am in. 14 days here I come!

My goal for the 14 days is at least 5 pounds.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    My starting weight (this mornings weight) is 226 (normally I'm 219).
  • THISisTARRAN
    Options
    I'm in, if that's okay!
    I'm Jenny, 27 years old . I have a beautiful 18 month old son and unfortunately, my career as a gourmet baker makes it hard to stay away from the "Sweet" stuff.
    I am in. 14 days here I come!

My goal for the 14 days is at least 5 pounds.

Awesome Jenny! What is your starting weight? I am making a chart, if you don't want to post it- that is okay.
    My daughter is 18 months old too- almost to the day.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    IM Totally in!! SW today 278.6
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    sorry 277.8 i remembered the wrong weight. lol. so officially its 277.8
  • THISisTARRAN
    Options
    sorry 277.8 i remembered the wrong weight. lol. so officially its 277.8

Awesome-- Glad to have you!!! =)
  • Pokee1
    Pokee1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun. I'm going to try to ramp it up early on this week. I'm celebrating Christmas with my family on the 17th and will definitely be over my calorie count!
    I've packed on 20 pounds in the last 6-8 months and am ready to get rid of it. My goal will be 7 pounds in the two weeks.
    Starting weight 140.6
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted, lol! My name is Stephanie. My SW is 182.3 and my goal is to lose 3-4 pounds by the end of 14 days. I am a mother of three, two boys and a girl. My husband is in the military. And we have two mastiffs. :) Good luck on the challenge everyone.
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options
    My starting weight today is 122.2 lbs. I've gained close to three lbs this week i think water retention....
    Very upset about this.
    But, it's better than the 182 lbs I started at right? lol :)
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options
    Girls, be sure to add me if you want, it can be easier to get in contact with us all together on the home screen :)
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    sounds good :)

1. 30 minutes of cardio - done
    2. Stay under your calories - done
    3. Drink 8 cups of water - done

SW: 211 lbs

Name's Rosa. Would be happy with 2 lbs loss per week, but we will see :)
  • Jackie0514
    Options
    I'm in! Starting weight today is 214.0 lbs.
  • mom2littleguys
    Options
    Count me in! My starting weight is 169 lbs. My goal is to lose 4 lbs. I am 28 years old, married and the mother or 3 boys! Good Luck, I hope we all reach our goals!
  • erinserin
    erinserin Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Im In :)

Im Erin, Im 27, I have a gorgeous 15 month old daughter and my starting weight is exactly 70kg (Which is 154lb).

My goal is to be 68 by the end of this challange which is 2 kg or 4.5lb :)

Good luck everyone!! :)
  • sweetyJ
    Options
    I have read a lot of challenges on MFP, and being a lazy person, I didn't want to do a long commitment. This seems like a short challenge I could get into. Thanks for the idea! :smile: I would love to join, since I seem to have plateau lately and would love the competition aspect of it.

SW (today): 135lbs
    14 days later, would like to be 130lbs (setting the bar too high perhaps?? I normally only lose 1 lb every 2 weeks, if I am lucky)
    1. Check on 30 minutes cardio (elliptical)
    2. I seem to be doing okay with calories today (I hope, although I am not a big breakfast eater, so the majority of my calorie gain is the latter part of the day)
    3. This is the tough one. Currently negative 2 cups of water (since I am on my 2nd cup of coffee for the day. :tongue: )

Confession: I have been slacking off a lot lately, and I know it sounds like an excuse, I am under a bit of pressure with some work, (hence, the exorbitant amount of coffee on some days), and I don't think I drink enough water.
  • CynMM29
    Options
    Great idea! I'm in! Weight today 166.5.
  • YSchaney
    Options
    Sure sounds fun! My name is Yvonne and I yo-yo diet. I really wish I would stick to it. My SW 273 and hope to lose 3lbs at least.
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!

Hey everyone, my name is Molly and I am a sophomore at THE Ohio State University studying English Pre-Education and Women's Gender and Sexuality Studies :) My starting weight for this 2-week challenge is:: 188.2 lbs. I'm hoping that in 2 week I'll be able to get that down to 185! My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit over the past 4 months but I'm still chugging along and trying my hardest!!! Good luck everyone :)
  • gainingalife
    gainingalife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey I'd love to join! Good challenge :)

My names Rebecca, starting weight 159, looking to lose 4-5 pounds.
    Need this motivation to get my a into g and exercise way more!