What do YOU think people are eating/drinking when they

Options

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    When MFP starts putting traditional Scandinavian delicacies in the database, I will stop quick-adding.

Dear Tragedy of the Commons,

Why don't you do the work?

Cheers.
    -wtk

If I had any clue how it was made, I would. Plus, I eat it maybe twice a year. Not worth the effort for me. :flowerforyou:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I try to be fairly specific with booze. It's sort of like bragging. :laugh:

For me quick add is usually when I log something out of the database which I don't fully trust, and my gut feel tells me to quick-add a few more calories to keep the accounting fairly honest.

This^^. Or I have a recipe that I calculated the calories for previously and don't feel like inputting into the recipes feature on here.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I always just assume it's chocolate covered marzipan.

Why? Oh, no particular reason....:blushing:
    yummy
    now I want some of that.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    This made me snort out loud for some reason...I've only done quick add one time, and I don't remember why, but I felt like it would be assumed that I had eaten something so horrible, like extra cheese pizza topped with high fat hamburger meat and a pile of salt with a side order of chocolate covered hot dogs.

Love this - chocolate covered hot dogs!!!!!!!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I do it to guess-timate what I ate when I'm too lazy to things up but I always note it.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    for me, if i order a salad and it has cheese of unknown origin and four black olives, i'm not gonna try to log those specifically. so i quick add. or if something in the db doesn't seem right, i'll quck add. or if i have a peice of garlic bread just to annoy the dog (i usually give it to him), i'll quick add.
  • LolaOndine
    Options
    I just did a quick-add for a 100 calorie pack. I'm too lazy to go look for it and I already know what the calorie count is.

Also when I make something at home that is complicated or unusual, I usually quick-add an estimate. I enter my booze, just because I usually have a glass of wine or a hard cider and that's easy to find.
  • screwtop_gangsta
    Options
    Man juice.
    [/quote}
    Man juice doesn't count...it's so *hard* to get it out to begging with that I've used the calories by the time i get to enjoy it!
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    When I do it, its usually something I can't find in the database or something that has so many ingredients it would take me 20 minutes to find them all in the database.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I just assumed it was a sinister plot put out by the MFP police to take over this sight. Oh the irony. Oh wait I gotta go quick add something.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I use quick add:
    1) if I believe that I've missed something or underestimated somewhere, just to keep the calorie counts as close to accurate as possible.
    2) if I'm on vacation or for some other fun reason way too busy to keep track. I'd rather do this than not log, because I am also tracking the data on a weekly and monthly basis, and have to estimate missing days anyway. Using the quick add function plugs those holes for me.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    If I do use it I try to over estimate how many calories are in it.. I'd rather over estimate than not put enough....
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I only use quick add when I go to places like Subway and my specific sandwich isn't in the database, so I go to the sandwich maker that roughly adds up the calories for you there, then quick add the calories for here.
    I never quick-add for anything else.. yet.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Food that puts them way over their carb macro. At least that's what I put as my quick cals sometimes. LOL
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Q: What do YOU think people are eating/drinking when they "quick add" calories?

A: Something they do not want me to know about.

:drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Wait. You look at people's Food Diaries?
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Lol, I normally put all my booze on there. I do it for items that aren't in the database and I feel no need to add to it. For example, my office received some Christmas cookies today and I had one. They were not in the database, but the tin came with a nutrition guide so I just used the quick add. I'm certainly going to think everyone is using it for booze now!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I used quick add for the first time yesterday. I was out shopping in Long Grove Illinois...lot's of eclectic shops and free samples of tasty things. I totally lost all sense of calorie intake sampling olive oils at The Olive Tree....some where between the pound cake, strawberry, marzipan drizzled with a mix of walnut oil and white chocolate balsamic vinegar and chicken marinated with orange olive oil w/ ginger habanero balsamic..............quick add.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    When MFP starts putting traditional Scandinavian delicacies in the database, I will stop quick-adding.
    What? You are telling me finnish vodka,Köttbullar and Lakkalikööri are not in the Database? A-tro-cious!!!
  • sarahkbarnes
    Options
    Really dull: for me it's when my husband uses the recipe function and I just steal the calorie count as recipes can't be shared :(