Chicago area people - Portillos anyone?

Options
Having trouble finding any nutritional info for Portillos. Has anyone found anything comparable to their charbroiled chicken sandwich? Wondering how many calories to guesstimate.

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I've realized that if I can't log it, then I probably shouldn't eat it.. hehe :) Portillo's doesn't even have nutritional info on their website.. scary thought to me.

I'd use McDonald's grilled chicken or some other fast food restaurant.
  • moleighsmom
    moleighsmom Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Thank you, and ouch! Can't imagine why this did not show when I Googled. Wow, glad I didn't add any fries!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I am not from Chicago, but go there once in awhile to visit the wife's family. I am bumping this for when I go there over Christmas.
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm from chicago--i freakin love portillos..but i've stayed away lately! Yum! I believe there's nutrition info on MFP...i've entered it before :)
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am from Chicago too and everytime I go home I have to visit portillos. However after what I learn here today I may need to skip it this Christmas:laugh:
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    Now I understand why my sister (who lives in the Chicago area--and loves Portillos) goes to the gym religiously!!
  • Debadoo2018
    Debadoo2018 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Too funny!! I actually had Portillos this weekend, and was only able to do it because I found nutritional information on this site! The database on MFP is amazing! I had the chopped salad and used the dressing sparingly - and for a lunch meal, it wasn't bad at all. Check out the database here (just type in Portillos) and you'll see a bunch of stuff come up.

Edited to say: I was surprised that a lot of the things you can get at Portillos are really not all that bad calorie-wise. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY - stay away from the CHEESE FRIES. Wait until you see the calorie count on those....
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am from Chicago too and everytime I go home I have to visit portillos. However after what I learn here today I may need to skip it this Christmas:laugh:

haha same here, I had it over Thanksgiving but I am reallyyyyyyy craving some deep dish :)
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My sister and I ate at the Patio in OrlandPark I wasn't as strong as you I ate the fries love them, the Patio has the best fries I can't say no but it was a Birthday treat.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have not been to Portillos in so long!
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Portillo's has really good, really overpriced food!
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the numbers on the SMALL Cheese Fries ... 1000 cal and 2000 mg of sodium!!! Holy &^(%$!
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the numbers on the SMALL Cheese Fries ... 1000 cal and 2000 mg of sodium!!! Holy &^(%$!

it's the cheese that really makes it bad. that amount of fries should only be about 300 calories give or take (at least thats how much they are at my schools cafeteria)
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    oh geez i really want portillos now lol.
  • thefifthvalue
    thefifthvalue Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    God, I love Portillos.... luckily my family and I usually just get take out, so I have them pick me up a chopped salad (which is also delicious and surprisingly healthy eventhough it has so many delicious things in it) so I don't get seduced by the burgers and cheeese fries.... but now that I'm thinking about them I reeeeally want some nowww, bah!
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    OMG - I saw this post and it stopped me in my tracks!!!

I haven't lived in Buffalo Grove, IL for 13 years BUT I literally can taste the italian beef (double dip), a hot dog (love the "snap") and those great fries RIGHT NOW - I am salivating.

I have lived all over the world and NO place has had a beef sandwich that compares to Portillos or Mr. Beef - I would blow all my calories or run for miles to have an Italian beef right now!!!

Thanks for the memories :flowerforyou:
  • moleighsmom
    moleighsmom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My sister and I ate at the Patio in OrlandPark I wasn't as strong as you I ate the fries love them, the Patio has the best fries I can't say no but it was a Birthday treat.
    OMG love the Patio too! Agree on those fries:smile:

Had the pleasure of watching my son wolf down his chocolate cake shake. Don't even want to think about that nutritional info :-)