pizza at the gym?!

Options
KatieJane83
KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
Okay, I'm looking for an explanation.

I recently joined Planet Fitness. I had been going to a NYSC but Planet is cheaper and I don't need the classes and stuff anyway because I dance. Anywho, the first Monday of every month they have pizza at the gym for the members! I saw people actually going over to weight machines with a slice on a paper plate. :noway:

So, is it a ploy to keep people heavy so they keep needing to work out at the gym? :laugh:

Does this strike anyone else as strange?

Replies

• Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness.

That's just about all you had to say.
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That just sounds downright evil of them!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    That's crazy!! All the grease....and then working out....Hate to be behind that person on the eliptical. ;)
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oooh....idea!

Look up the pizza in the database and post a note next to the pizza showing how many cals per slice...see how many still take the pizza. LOL
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Planet Fitness.

Well yeah, I know, that's why I kinda made it a disclaimer in my post, lol. Serves my needs though and it's dirt cheap. The pizza just threw me for a loop today! I walked in and totally did a double take.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Oooh....idea!

Look up the pizza in the database and post a note next to the pizza showing how many cals per slice...see how many still take the pizza. LOL

Ooh yes, THIS! I should totally do that!

Oh and fear not, I had absolutely no desire whatsoever to help myself to a slice, lol. It's the very last thing I'd want while sweating my *kitten* off!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    jess_ventura_conspiracy_theory.jpg

Tell "The Body." He'll get to the bottom of this!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    It isn't just Planet fitness. My Gym Club24 has started doing that and I have heard of other gyms doing it.
    Thankfully for some reason I am never there when it happens.
    They just think if they give people a treat once a month it will keep the people going back to the gym.
  • KatieJane83
    Options

:laugh:

Yes, good plan!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness has a reputation for being a not very serious gym. I guess this is an example of why. Greasy food near fitness equipment? Bad idea.
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    Options

LOL!!!!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza, but there is a time and a place. I do NOT want to have it thrown up in my face at the gym. That's ABSURD!
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That is one of the reasons I did not go with Planet Fitness.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    That is messed up lol but seriously if your working out some people can eat that #$%#$%#$^# and still be fit lol go talk to the managers and let us know what the heck they were thinking!!!!!!!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness.

Well yeah, I know, that's why I kinda made it a disclaimer in my post, lol. Serves my needs though and it's dirt cheap. The pizza just threw me for a loop today! I walked in and totally did a double take.

they do bagel monday too..............
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    That is messed up lol but seriously if your working out some people can eat that #$%#$%#$^# and still be fit lol go talk to the managers and let us know what the heck they were thinking!!!!!!!

Believe me, I am all for having treats/bad stuff sometimes. I definitely can't live with denying myself everything all the time. It's the whole sitting-on-a-weight-machine-with-a-giant-wad-of-pizza-in-your-mouth thing that really threw me! On the other hand it made me feel really good about myself as I was dripping sweat onto the treadmill! :laugh:
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Oooh....idea!

Great idea!!!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yes...I'd complain to management!!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Oooh....idea!

Great idea!!!

I seriously might do this next time....but they might kick me out, lol. I'll need to be all stealthy ninja if I try it.
  • lifeismoto
    Options
    there is a very simple and logical explanation behind all of this...lots of gyms will sell candy and soda and greasy foods...and all of this reason FAT=Money for a gym...the fatter they can keep you...the longer they will keep you ergo the more money they will get from you!