Turbo Jammers 4/27-5/3

Options

Replies

• megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Lyn, almost forgot...the Turbo Kick workouts sound great! Maybe after I get through the Chalean Extreme I'll give those a try!
    :flowerforyou:
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Megan
    Hi everyone!
    Good job on the workouts! Christy...Way to go for it!!! :drinker:

Kennie, alot of us use heart rate monitors, but for me, kickboxing on this database is almost identical to what my HRM calculates for the all of the cardio programs.

Checking in with CP2 and Chalean Extreme Burn 2 today. If you guys are interested in CE I definitely recommend it! I'm only in week 2 of CE, and I can't believe the difference in my muscle tone! Be forewarned that it's NOTHING like TJ. No dancing or fun music, even in the two cardio DVD's she provides, but it's really kicking my workouts up a notch. The weight training segments are scheduled 3 days a week, so that leaves me plenty of room to keep Jammin'!!!

have a great afternoon!
    :heart:

Hi Megan,

I have the CE workouts but I'm finding it hard to balance that with the TJ's... Any ideas?

I havent got past the first week of CE yet as I'm finding it really hard to keep me intersted! I just love the upbeat of TJ's, plus you really dont realise how hard your working, whereas in the CE its a killer!
  • deedun
    Options
    Drevon_mom
    Another busy day. No TJ but I did walk 4 miles. Just wanted to pass this bit of info on for you addicts out there.

Drumroll please.... Turbo Kick workouts in the past have only been available to instructors. http://www.turbokick.com/ We have created a "Fan" version of the Turbo Kick workout avail later this week.This ain't your normal home workout! Wimps steer clear! Available later this week....sign up now to be the first to order the FAN DVDs. See the sign up at the bottom of our page http://www.turbokick.com

Chalene posted that on facebook today. I would LOVE to get some new workouts. I can't wait!

Oooooooo sounds interesting!! Have you signed up for it?
  • megan0313
    Options
    Megan
    Hi everyone!
    Good job on the workouts! Christy...Way to go for it!!! :drinker:

Kennie, alot of us use heart rate monitors, but for me, kickboxing on this database is almost identical to what my HRM calculates for the all of the cardio programs.

Checking in with CP2 and Chalean Extreme Burn 2 today. If you guys are interested in CE I definitely recommend it! I'm only in week 2 of CE, and I can't believe the difference in my muscle tone! Be forewarned that it's NOTHING like TJ. No dancing or fun music, even in the two cardio DVD's she provides, but it's really kicking my workouts up a notch. The weight training segments are scheduled 3 days a week, so that leaves me plenty of room to keep Jammin'!!!

have a great afternoon!

Hi Megan,

I have the CE workouts but I'm finding it hard to balance that with the TJ's... Any ideas?

I havent got past the first week of CE yet as I'm finding it really hard to keep me intersted! I just love the upbeat of TJ's, plus you really dont realise how hard your working, whereas in the CE its a killer!

Hi Deedun!
    We've missed you! :smile: I agree, CE is much less "fun" than TJ! And it IS a Killer!! But The weight lifting workouts are only about 35 mins 3x/wk, and since I used to do Turbo Sculpt for toning 3x/wk, I've pretty much just substituted (I also do the CPs in place of the cardio program she provides in CE). One thing that helps me stay motivated is that my husband will do this workout with me. He wouldn't do TJ. The other thing that helps right now is that I've been at my goal weight for a while now and I really feel like I need to push myself a little more to get the definition I want. I have to say that most days I don't look forward to it, but I just suck it up and go do it. :laugh: It'll never replace TJ...but I'm determined to follow it for the 90 days and the changes I'm seeing already in my body definition and strength are extremely motivating!
    Good Luck!
  • deedun
    Options
    I've missed coming on here but with the whole trip to Boston, then catching a tummy bug when I came back, I've been eating around me!

Tonight will be my first time to exercise in weeks and I hate the way I get myself into these vicious circles. I am back on track but need to sort out my exercise!

So Megan, do you stick with the CE schedule or do you do it at your own pace?

I remember half way thru a particularly hard exercise that I was going to be sick, is this normal???
  • megan0313
    Options
    I've missed coming on here but with the whole trip to Boston, then catching a tummy bug when I came back, I've been eating around me!

Tonight will be my first time to exercise in weeks and I hate the way I get myself into these vicious circles. I am back on track but need to sort out my exercise!

So Megan, do you stick with the CE schedule or do you do it at your own pace?

I remember half way thru a particularly hard exercise that I was going to be sick, is this normal???

With the weight lifting schedule I totally follow her plan, so for the Burn segment I lift 3x/week and do cardo and Abs on alternate days. Sometimes I'll add a cardo on weight days, but it just depends on how I feel. Those weight days can be pretty intense and if you're feeling sick I'd say you're pusing too hard. Did you try switching to lighter weights? I think figuring out which weights are heavy enough, but not too heavy is the trickiest part of the program at first. The other thing is that I've never seriously lifted weights before, and it's so different from cardio and toning. Basically it hurts like H*LL! :laugh: I feel great when I'm done but it's a long 30 mins! It does get easier with every workout, but if you're feeling sick I'd suggest going lighter or using the bands and work on your form until you feel better.
  • deedun
    Options
    Yea you are probably right. I ordered in the adjustable weights so I will start again with those and see how I get on...

I am going to start it again from tomorrow on and tonight I plan on easing myself back into the TJ's with the 20min & TS..
  • Kennie
    Kennie Posts: 31
    Options
    Hello!
    CP1 for the first time this afternoon along with ab jam and ten-fifteen on the stationary bike!
    I hope everyone has a great weekend! Hopefully the sun with be out for everyone!
    :)
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi Deedun, Megan Janet, Drevan, Kennie, all of the Jammers!!!

Checking in with CP1. I cannot believe I complete a whole week of workout videos! This is an accomplishment for me :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I owe it to the enthusiastic Jammers on this thread, thank you!

I love CP1!! I'm sticking with the schedule in the booklet that came with the CDs so next week I'll be adding AJ to the mix. I'll also be getting my CE DVDs next week too.

WooooHooo have a great day!!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone. I am heading out of town for a week for work so I won't have any TJ going on but I will do cardio. The hotel has a fitness room so I can at least do that. I managed to lose a pound while on vacation by doing an hour of cardio 5 days a week. :noway:

That's what I'm hoping for. I'll check in with you all when I return next weekend. Good luck to everyone! :drinker:

I was so happy to see a drop on the scale this morning, it's been a while. Now I am officially half way to my goal! :bigsmile:
  • megan0313
    Options
    Kennie and Christy, good job on your workouts! :drinker:
    Kat, congrats on the weight loss!!:flowerforyou: Have fun on your trip...don't spend it all in the fitness center though :wink: Although I must admit, DH and I go on alot of business trips and the fitness centers are my favorite part of the trip! (hmmm, maybe I need to get a life) :laugh:

Today's a CE day for me, and I'm pretty wiped out, so no TJ :sad:

Where's Janet and Lyn today?!?!

have a great evening everyone!
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hey Ladies (and Gents??) !

Checking in with L&B, did Burn segment twice. :smokin: :smokin:

Last night I ate a domino's thin crust cheese pizza, about 90% of the large...LMAO. :laugh: The thin pizza and the itsty-bitsy square slices get me every time. I enjoyed it! :happy:

I enjoyed it so much so that I'm going to to L&B tomorrow too!! :love: :love:
    I really sweat with that one, its a good beginning or in-between workout.

I know someone here is going on a trip...enjoy..have a great day.:flowerforyou:
  • Kennie
    Kennie Posts: 31
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    Everyone seemed to have a great week! Nice work! Today I am going to do CP1 and Ab Jam (skipped the abs yesterday oops!) as well as 20 mins on the bike. I like to do ten min sets on the bike in between my house cleaning on the weekends. I know..Im a nerd, but I love a clean house haha!

Enjoy the sun if you have some where you all are! :drinker:
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey Jammers

I am back and feeling better. Yesterday I did Turbo Sculpt and today I haven't decided what I am going to do! Might end up doing one of the CP as I have a Ladies Night Function to attend tonight .. Woot Woot!! :laugh: :bigsmile:

My silly craving session has passed .. thank goodness .. no food was safe! hahaha!!:blushing: Glad to see I am not the only one with that problem .. but now back to eating healthy and moving!!:drinker:

Hope everyone has a great weekend and I will talk to ya after I survive a night out with the ladies!! Lol!

Take care ... Becky:flowerforyou:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    My week was crazy. I think I only jammed once....maybe twice...I don't even remember. I did get some walking in though. Today I walked 4.5 miles, 2.25 miles before it rained....and 2.25 miles IN the rain...it was great. So nice to just be outside and smell spring and listen to my MP3 player and not have a care in the world except how many calories I'm burning....720 to be exact!

Glad to see you are all doing well.
    Christy great job on a full week of workouts that's an amazing accomplishment!
    Wildkat have fun on your trip.
    Becky glad you are feeling better.
    Dara nice to see you on the thread again.
    Megan-Hi :) Did you see the new Turbo Kick workouts available? I'm think I will just order them and THEN tell my hubby LOL

Well I am suppose to be having a "RockBand" night with a friend and well... my hubby and her are playing and I'm on the computer. They have spent the entire day together...took the kids to the circus and then she came over for dinner and now RockBand....I'm being a b****. I didn't wanna go to the circus because of allergies (it was indoors) and I had an evening planned for the fam, until I got the call that she'd be joining us for the rest of the evening. Oh and not just her...her two kids too. So Dre is entertained and that's wonderful. I'm just pissy cuz hubs got mad at me eariler for something that had nothing to do with me and now he wonders why I don't wanna have a good time....gee maybe cuz you pissed me off??? Sorry I'm just venting here cuz I can't anywhere else! Thanks
  • deedun
    Options
    My week was crazy. I think I only jammed once....maybe twice...I don't even remember. I did get some walking in though. Today I walked 4.5 miles, 2.25 miles before it rained....and 2.25 miles IN the rain...it was great. So nice to just be outside and smell spring and listen to my MP3 player and not have a care in the world except how many calories I'm burning....720 to be exact!

Glad to see you are all doing well.
    Christy great job on a full week of workouts that's an amazing accomplishment!
    Wildkat have fun on your trip.
    Becky glad you are feeling better.
    Dara nice to see you on the thread again.
    Megan-Hi :) Did you see the new Turbo Kick workouts available? I'm think I will just order them and THEN tell my hubby LOL

Well I am suppose to be having a "RockBand" night with a friend and well... my hubby and her are playing and I'm on the computer. They have spent the entire day together...took the kids to the circus and then she came over for dinner and now RockBand....I'm being a b****. I didn't wanna go to the circus because of allergies (it was indoors) and I had an evening planned for the fam, until I got the call that she'd be joining us for the rest of the evening. Oh and not just her...her two kids too. So Dre is entertained and that's wonderful. I'm just pissy cuz hubs got mad at me eariler for something that had nothing to do with me and now he wonders why I don't wanna have a good time....gee maybe cuz you pissed me off??? Sorry I'm just venting here cuz I can't anywhere else! Thanks

Lyn,

Go and order those workouts, if you really want them. You deserve them and sure they wont cost as much as a motorbike :laugh:
  • deedun
    Options
    Checking in with TJ20... 2 days after I said I would do it :laugh: :laugh: I think I jinx myself everytime I write down what I will do as I never seem to do it!

I *should* be checking in again later but I'm not writing down with what :laugh:

Hope you all have a lovely sunday!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Family,
    Yesterday was just so busy I didn't have have a chance to post. Glad to see everybody still making time to take care of themselves; it doesn't matter if it's a lot of exercise or what we can fit in as long as we just keep on trying!! I am finding that the busy-ness of life will continue to keep presenting itself but that doesn't mean i have to forget about what makes me happy. I am better prepared to meet the challenges when I remember to put myself on the seemingly endless list of "things to do", :wink:
    I had 2 meetings, co-hosted a bridal shower, grocery shopped and did a smidge of yard stuff but I got in CP2 first and that made me feel good so I wasn't so overwhelmed by the day. I played charades at the bridal shower - and It was really fun!! I made a total fool of myself trying to get them to say the right answer and it was a blast. It was outdoors in this really pretty park by a lake that had a fountain in it and the bride to be seemed very happy. My eating was even pretty good- yea!!!
    I just finished PK & J and i'm sitting here sipping coffee enjoying that feeling after a good workout. Hubs is still sleeping and it's just me and the "Monkey", my K9; she's a good ole girl. I love Sunday mornings when the house is quiet and the light filters in through the windows. The hibiscus are all blooming and the backyard is covered with big reddish blossoms ~ ahhh Spring....

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and enjoys their families,

Janet:heart:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Drevans,
    Thanks for the info about the TK series being avalable for us at home !!! I checked it out when you mentioned it last week but i see it's now available - Woo Hoo!!
    When I get the funds I'm going to try the Turbo kick and and I am really interested in Piyo - anyone every tried it?? I like the idea of combining mind/body/strength and flexibility......

Something to think about.....

Thanks again:heart:
  • jessicahampson
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm new to myfitnesspal, but a huge fan of Turbo Jam. Just wondering how you log in your Turbo Jam exercies? Do you just use the aerobic and strength training categories and the time of the workout? I was hoping there would have been listings for some of the branded DVD exercises out there...
    Thanks!
    Jessica