Cutting Back Alcohol

Options
1235»

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking MGD 64. Not bad, but not getting buzzed either. Eh.

It's a "near beer" forget the exact number but less than 3% alcohol, pretty sure hehe. My husband said the same thing before he found that out... he drank 12 and was like "where's the buzz???" haha :drinker: :bigsmile:

I got drunk last night. Oops :blushing:

MGD 64 REMINDS ME OF WATER THAT WAS DYED TO LOOK LIKE BEER!!! LOL... I HAD ONE AND THREW OUT THE REST I'LL STICK TO RED WINE AND MILLER LIGHT.. THAT HAS 96 CALORIES AND 3.2 CARBS IM TRYING TO CUT OUT DRINKING BUT IT'S NOT WORKING!! :drinker:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Thanks wildkat for the welcome and words of encouragement!

So far, 4 days without smoking or drinking. I'm feeling pretty good. I made brownies over the weekend to crush my cravings but besides that I have done really well. I'm surprised that I am actually sleeping better not having a few glasses of wine before bed.

Anyone else notice some surprising benefits by cutting back on drinking?
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Good news all around!!

We landed a good job at work yesterday (which is GREAT news!). So, everyone was having a drink to celebrate, and I had a bottle of water instead! Normally, I would have had at least had 1 beer, therefore skipping the gym on my way home. Instead, I had water, and worked out for over an hour! Something to be proud of! :drinker: (water) :laugh:
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I am proud to say that I had not one drop of alcohol this work week! Today is Friday, and I'm not even dying for one! :tongue:

How did everyone else do this week?
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

So far, 4 days without smoking or drinking. I'm feeling pretty good. I made brownies over the weekend to crush my cravings but besides that I have done really well. I'm surprised that I am actually sleeping better not having a few glasses of wine before bed.

I ALWAYS sleep better without wine. With wine I'm out like a light but I always end up waking up in the middle of the night and struggle to get back to sleep. It is indeed one of the BEST benefits of no alcohol before bed. It feels so good to get up in the morning refreshed! :bigsmile:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good news all around!!

We landed a good job at work yesterday (which is GREAT news!). So, everyone was having a drink to celebrate, and I had a bottle of water instead! Normally, I would have had at least had 1 beer, therefore skipping the gym on my way home. Instead, I had water, and worked out for over an hour! Something to be proud of! :drinker: (water) :laugh:

That's fantastic! Way to go! I had a horrible week this week with avoiding alcohol. Next week I'm out of town on business so not sure how that's going to go. I'll just have to take it one day at a time. You're an inspiration however! Thanks for sharing! :drinker:
  • KatWood
    Options

I ALWAYS sleep better without wine. With wine I'm out like a light but I always end up waking up in the middle of the night and struggle to get back to sleep. It is indeed one of the BEST benefits of no alcohol before bed. It feels so good to get up in the morning refreshed! :bigsmile:

Yeah, I drink too much it's more like I'm dead than sleeping which isn't very refeshing!:laugh:
  • KatWood
    Options
    Good news all around!!

Congrats on the job and managing to stay on track!

As of today I have been smoke and booze free for a week. I feel great!

My hubby and I are spending the night at my aunt and uncle's on saturday and they are fairly heavy drinkers and both smoke. So this will definitely be a test of my will power. My goal is to enjoy a few (1-3) glasses of wine throughout the night and NO smoking.:noway: I'm really quite nervous about this but I feel like if I can get through this I have the smoking habit beat.
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    Coming back to this group after vacation really helped to get me re-motivated!
    I feel like I did well over vacation, stopped when I was buzzed, and only drank two nights of the five (pledging solidarity with those who were hung over from the previous day - what a great excuse!) But I don't have an actual, objective number to report success as I would like.

these are my goals for this week:
    Alcohol only on these days:
    1. ONE drink in Shanghai, when my friends come to visit (too expensive there anyway!) Friday night
    2. ONE beer Sunday in Nanjing IF AND ONLY IF we end up at street bar.

I'm up to 132 pounds after vacation, from 127, so I've got some work to do!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Good news all around!!

Congrats on the job and managing to stay on track!

As of today I have been smoke and booze free for a week. I feel great!

My hubby and I are spending the night at my aunt and uncle's on saturday and they are fairly heavy drinkers and both smoke. So this will definitely be a test of my will power. My goal is to enjoy a few (1-3) glasses of wine throughout the night and NO smoking.:noway: I'm really quite nervous about this but I feel like if I can get through this I have the smoking habit beat.

So, did you make it through the night at your aunt and uncle's without smoking?? :huh: :smile:

I went out to dinner to celbrate my raise and DIDN'T have a big draft beer! Wasn't even killing me! Last week I didnt have a drop of alcohol monday-thursday. Friday I think I had 4 beers, and Saturday I drank too much, and Sunday drank waaaayy too much :blushing: . This week, I had a very small glass of white zinfandel on tuesday, and that's it. Here comes the weekend again though...