Greek Yogurt

Replies

• JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    I love Dannon Oikos honey, raspberry, and strawberry. The traditional ones have more calories than the ones with the fruit on the bottom, but I think they taste better.
  • Cherry Chobani is so delicious... I just wish it was less expensive.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Fage Total 0% - no fat, no sugar - then I dress it up myself! Easy breakfast is this yogurt, 1 envelope Stevia-In-The-Raw, and fresh berries - yum! Here's some other things I make with my Fage:

My "chocolate mousse" substitute:

6 oz Greek yogurt - Fage Total 0%
    1 packet Stevia-In-The-Raw
    1-2 DROPS Vanilla Extract
    1 DROP Almond Extract
    1-2 teaspoons plain Cocoa

This makes a smooth, creamy, chocolaty dessert that reminds me of a thick, rich chocolate mousse. Delish!

My "peach cobbler" substitute:

6 oz Greek Yogurt
    1 packet Stevia-In-The-Raw
    1-2 DROPS Vanilla Extract
    1 DROP Almond Extract
    Small sprinkling of Apple Pie Spice
    Spoonful of Simply Fruit Peach Jelly

It's all YUM!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • teacherkatz
    teacherkatz Posts: 101 Member
    Sounds awesome!
  • j4zzy
    j4zzy Posts: 26 Member
    Chobani pomegranate!
    Or the voskos strawberry with granola.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    I heard you can use Greek Yogurt as a substitute for sour cream. I tried the *athenos brand and it didn't work out very well....any one know of a good one to use? I want to find a substitute for sour cream in a burrito or tacos.

I've used Fage 2% instead of mayo in tuna salad and it worked well. Haven't tried with 0% because it's less creamy.
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Plain with a scoop of chocolate protein powder for breakfast.
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    I prefer Fage...but I only like plain, vanilla or honey flavors and they are hard to fine around here so I tend to get Chobani more often. I really liked this brand called Greek Gods that was fig flavored-until I saw that it was like half the protien and twice the calories of any other kind-lol. I still buy it once in a while because I just really like it:)
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Tamar Valley no added sugar flavoured mini tubs (don't think you can get these outside Australia though).
  • clankp22
    clankp22 Posts: 38 Member
    I love Fage cherry and Chobani black cherry. I think Fage is better than Chobani. Both are on the expensive side so I wait for them to go 10/$10 and stock up. Both brands have so much sugar in them! I am working on weening myself off and starting to eat just the plain greek yogurt.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Fage plain. :) I thought I liked Chobani, til I picked up Fage this week - it's less sour, easier to cook with. :) I used it in deviled eggs!
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Oikos. I used to like strawberry, then discovered the black cherry and there's no going back. It's the only kind I'll eat. My husband stocks our fridge with it, bless him.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    I'm really liking the Danone Organic Brand. I use it in place of sour cream on everything! If you're a fan of greek yogurt you should check out this recipe for Tzatziki (w/pics):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/412848-homemade-tzatziki-w-pic-nutritional-info
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Greek Gods honey flavor or strawberry honey.
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Black Swan no fat, mixed with a spoon of honey and poured over strawberries - h-e-a-v-e-n.
  • jcm1029
    jcm1029 Posts: 11 Member
    I use the vanilla chobani and add a little skim milk and raspberries. Turn it into a smoothie and it is awesome. Got it out of the biggest loser cookbooks.

1 cup yogurt
    1/2 cup mill
    1/2 cup raspberries
    1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla.
  • Chobani is by fair the best, I enjoy strawberry, strawberry/banan, and raspberry, but all the flavors are enjoyable
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Fave is Chobani (any flavor). I like putting CHIA seeds in my Chobani. Adds a nice crunch, omegas, fiber and even protein.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 741 Member
    I like the Chobani, Oikos and Nostimo brands, anything with fruit on the bottom. The I can't stand the kinds with just fruit flavor.
    Chobani Strawberry Banana is the best, but I have trouble finding that flavor in stores.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    I've been trying to eat more of this stuff. IMO, Fage is way better than Yoplait's offering. I'm currently enjoying a Fage 2% with Peach.

Anyone else have a favorite greek yogurt brand and flavor?

I love Fage, plain. I am a low-carber and all the others have way too much sugars. It took a little while and as others have said, it's an acquired taste. I LOVE it now!