December 2011- no late night/wise choice snacking

Options
Do you find yourself searching for something to snack on after dinner? Do you make healthy choices all day and right before bed you decide to go ahead and have a spoon or two of ice cream, a cookie, chips, etc.?

For some odd reason, this happens almost every night and you want it to STOP.

If this sounds like you, join us so we can support one another to beat late night snacking!

Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after that time, you may have tea and water only.

Tally your progress daily for a monthly total.

For Example:
Me: 22 ~ LNS: 9

You may join at ANYTIME. You don’t have to be successful every day; you just have to do your best. We’re not perfect and we all have non-successful days but the goal is to NOT GIVE UP! And keep posting to help encourage the rest of us

Welcome

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    My cut-off time for this month will be 8:30pm. I will allow myself 1 late night and the cut-off time will be 11 pm.

Let's kick LNS butt this month!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    ME: 1
    LNS: 0

I actually stopped eating at 8 p.m. but we were out, and I am counting it as I didn't graze on anything when we came home, and only had a trial bite of the cake at dinner. Great start to the month...
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Thanks, lulabellewoow, foe keeping the challenge going. :flowerforyou:

I can't believe I blew it last night - just wasn't thinking. :grumble: Won't stop me from doing better, but I had really wanted to see how long I could go without snacking.

Me: 0
    LNS: 1 :explode:
    Zaza
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    I can't believe I blew it last night - just wasn't thinking. :grumble: Won't stop me from doing better, but I had really wanted to see how long I could go without snacking.

Me: 0
    LNS: 1 :explode:
    Zaza

No worries Zaza. You will get back on track and that one little number will be but a memory.

Dew, where are you?

Hope we haven't lost too many people. I need the support.

AFM:
    Me: 2

Does anyone else have the problem that if they eat out, they still feel munchy when they get home? I'm cut out alcohol for the month as a new weight lifting program, and I was hoping that would help the dinner out munchies, but had them last night. But resisted. Too tired to eat anyway after the workout my hubby put me through. Yikes.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    waht about drinking before bed like tea or water?
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    waht about drinking before bed like tea or water?

This is actually your own personal challenge. Tea and water are great (as long as your bladder is strong through the night). This challenge was designed to stop the needless grazing that alot of us tend to do after dinner. Wanna join?
  • zaza54
    Options
    I was hungry late last night ...blew it again.:explode:

Me:0
    LNS: 2

Tonight will be better because I am out for brunch tomorrow with people I havent' seen in years. Want to be comfortable in my size 8 pants!
    Zaza
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    What abjout chewing gum at night?
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 4
    LNS - 0
  • zaza54
    Options
    Doing better.
    Me: 2
    LNS: 2

rita, I think sugarless chewing gum is just fine any time. The hygienist at my dentist office likes Trident - has some ingredient that's actually good for your teeth!
    Zaza
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    What abjout chewing gum at night?

Remember that you gotta find what works for you. If eating junk is your issue, then start small and substitute with fruits or low cal snacks. If simply OVEReating late at night is your problem, some people have set their cutoff time for two hours before bedtime. For me, I just set a specific time since I have no idea when I'm going to bed and I wake up so very early for work. But you figure out what works for you and make it your own personal challenge. There are no critics here. Just motivators :wink:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 4

I think this month will be pretty easy....until the end of it. Just in case, I am going to be METICULOUS with NO LATE-NIGHT-SNACKING over the next couple of weeks.

I am finding it easier NOT to do it, just now....but, that's because we are being home-bodies and there is NO food sitting around on my counter!!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 1 ~ LNS: 3

Not a good start :grumble:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder loveme!!! :flowerforyou:

Me: 0 ~ LNS: 1 (last night)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    ME - 4
    LNS - 1

Healthy eating, but too close to bed and too much so I'm letting LNS have it ...this time...
  • loveme445
    Options
    Me: 1 ~ LNS: 4*
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Me: 5

C'mon ladies, we can DO THIS!! It is only the beginning of the month and it is only going to get HARDER as the holidays draw near. So, give it your BEST SHOT this week and next week.

You don't need those late-night snacks. You aren't hungry. Walk around the block (or even up and down your stairs at home) and stick your nose in a good book.

No cheating!! We can ALL do this because we are all on the same page, supporting each other to GREAT health!
  • zaza54
    Options
    Me; 2
    LNS: 3
  • racheljoanne
    Options
    Hi i definatley have this problem..
    Do you mind if i join?...
    il make my cut off point 9pm as i tend to eat my dinner quite late some nights.

Me: 1
    :smile: