Plateau advice?

Options

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    New science has shown that the time carbs are eaten doesn't matter. I ate ice cream and candy bars every night while losing almost 70lbs.

That's interesting! Thanks for letting me know! Where did you read that? I'd like to learn more about it :)

I am sure you can find it at leangains.com
  • kit548emt
    Options
    I am sure you can find it at leangains.com

Thanks!
  • heatherdills
    heatherdills Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just try to stay under the carbs and fat that MFP sets for me after I exercise. You may also want to try changing your routine. Either the type of exercise or how long you do it for.
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    bump
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    This helps me, and it's controversial to some.
    As for diet, I pig out once a week on a free day - one meal - a total pig out. And then I eat all the things I crave all day.
    In theory a good feeding shocks your body and energizes metabolism.

As for exercise, I change my whole regiment every 2 weeks, because your body has a way of down-regulating the effects of whatever it is we are doing.

And my results have been and remain stellar.

62 lbs lost so far and almost 20% reduced body fat.
  • Luv2BMommy
    Options
    bump
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    bump
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Just nominating 4theking for outstanding poster award here. Great advice.
  • kedwardspcm
    kedwardspcm Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just take one day a week and eat double your bmr. This increases your fat loss hormones as well as encourages a whosh, or release of water weight you may be holding onto.

COULD NOT AGREE MORE! EAT!!! Have a free for all day every week! AND drink a gallon of water a day :)
  • patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • linskeyr
    linskeyr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I definitely think you should start eating more. Also start to make sure that you get at leas 50% of carbs into your diet. and you deficit is not more than 500 cal. I think maybe you should be doing around 1600 cal. 1200 really shouldnt be done very often.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with 4theking, solid post...
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This helps me, and it's controversial to some.
    As for diet, I pig out once a week on a free day - one meal - a total pig out. And then I eat all the things I crave all day.
    In theory a good feeding shocks your body and energizes metabolism.

As for exercise, I change my whole regiment every 2 weeks, because your body has a way of down-regulating the effects of whatever it is we are doing.

And my results have been and remain stellar.

62 lbs lost so far and almost 20% reduced body fat.

Great job, I am going to try this pig out/binge day. I usually change up my work outs, never the same the week routine and never in any type or order. well shall see I am excited! NO MORE PLATEAUS!
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I definitely think you should start eating more. Also start to make sure that you get at leas 50% of carbs into your diet. and you deficit is not more than 500 cal. I think maybe you should be doing around 1600 cal. 1200 really shouldnt be done very often.

exactly what I thought 1200 when an average should be 2000, plus I was always starving and not motivated to workout, plus I love food!
  • mrrodriguez
    Options
    bump
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options

np, hope it can help, i keep bumping it now and then so it will help people exp when I see over 100 posts on plateau help lol

I run my own weight loss page on facebook I grabbed this and my quitting smoking post and shared them here =)