Clean "double double"

Options
2»

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people add cream to their coffee, it is completely unheard of here in Aus. Why not just use skim milk?
    because it tastes better! I use flavored creamers, I don't like coffee black but I love it with creamer! milk adds no flavor! I don't think I'll ever give up my coffee and creamer (peppermint mocha is my current favorite), I just work it into my calorie goal!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Get fresh high quality coffee, brew it properly and drink it black. It's far superior that way.

This! I find that when the coffee is of good quality, I don't have to add anything to it!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Why not treat yourself to a coffee just as you like it once a week or so? As long as you account for the calories, I don't see a problem.
    Trying to fake up something that you really enjoy seems like a waste of time to me.

Regarding the "why have cream in coffee?" question, it is clearly a US thing that doesn't happen here in Australia. Personally the only thing that sounds worse to me than cream in coffee would be some artificially flavoured and sweetened fake "creamer", thank goodness we don't have such things in general use!
  • startrekkermd
    startrekkermd Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I feel duped, I was looking forward to reading about a double double from In N Out.

Me too. It's the only double double I have ever heard of.

In Canada, its the standard way to order your coffee. A double double is two cream and two sugar :)
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    1. The Double double is the best fast food hamburger on the planet. Boo Yah.
    2. Drip is not good. Ever. Espresso pump. Best. Saeco machine, all others are inferior. What you add to the coffee is an afterthought. If you start with inferior, it all downhill.

Truer words were never spoken.

Maybe go protein style to lose the bun so you can spend your carbs on fries. And always yes to raw onions. Mmmmm.
    Double Double with onion. Fries on the side. Pasadena store. That is all.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Why not treat yourself to a coffee just as you like it once a week or so? As long as you account for the calories, I don't see a problem.
    Trying to fake up something that you really enjoy seems like a waste of time to me.

Regarding the "why have cream in coffee?" question, it is clearly a US thing that doesn't happen here in Australia. Personally the only thing that sounds worse to me than cream in coffee would be some artificially flavoured and sweetened fake "creamer", thank goodness we don't have such things in general use!
    oh no, it's so good! at least in my opinion! but like I said I can't drink black coffee and I'll admit that I only like coffee with creamer in it.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    2. Drip is not good. Ever. Espresso pump. Best. Saeco machine, all others are inferior. What you add to the coffee is an afterthought. If you start with inferior, it all downhill.

I agree completely with what you have said (until the Saeco part). Good yes, but not the best home machine you can buy. I have my eyes on a Rancilio Silvia for xmas, fingers crossed! :)

Make sure what you are talking about. I have a Saeco. I NEED super automatic. I like that it grinds dispenses tamps brews without my involvement. Its perfect EVERY time. All I have to do is empty the dregs from the hopper, keep the water up, and put beans in it. Saeco invented Super automatic. And they were a Pro cycling team sponsor. Win.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I take my coffee with organic half and half and some stevia. You can even find (here in the US) flavored organic half and half. Yes it has sugar, but I would take a little sugar over icky splenda any day.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It isn't thick cream. Coffee cream is only about 10% butter fat.

Tim Horton's uses 18% table cream and 100% refined white sugar. In an XL there is between is about 3.5 tbsp of sugar and almost half a cup of cream (measured it out once rougly when i worked there). Pretty gross when you think about it.. but have you ever drank TimHo black? Even fresh just finished brewing you could repave the parking lot with it. Best to avoid them all together.

Good fresh ground coffee at home is the best. Wean off your additives slowly and eventually you'll be able to enjoy the coffee for what it is.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've always heard of two-sugar/heavy cream coffee as "Coffee Boston." It might be an Irish thing. My family took both coffee and tea with so much milk it looked like caramel, and they used to pour a little of the tea with sugar into our glasses of milk to induce us to drink it.