The Over 300 Club

Options

Replies

• aur23a
    aur23a Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    I'm glad to see alot of new faces. This site is awesome! Blazin, I'm so excited to hear you'll be going to see your Dad, that's great. You'll be in my prayers! Great job on the lbs lost too. Cindysunshine, Julie and StillKristi you are all are such an inspiration, I'm so grateful I found this thread.
    Just to report:
    My friend and I recently started walking during our breaks. We walk for 15min at about 2.5mph. It's a start. We (the family) will be doing our circuit training work out tonight. I've tracked all my food today and I'm close to drinking up my gallon of water.
    I hope you all have a great night! Here's a quote I like:
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."~Thomas Edison
  • reedwoman814
    Options
    How come you ladies are talking about drinking a gallon of water? Is there something I don't know?

Also I discovered something for people like me who aren't all that big on drinking plain water. If I stick some lemon slices in it, I guzzle it like it's something special. It's like I'm tricking my mind or something. :tongue:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Reedwoman, A gallon is what I should drink for my weight. I'm going to have to try the lemon slices. :drinker: Cindy :heart:
  • aur23a
    Options
    Hi Reedwoman,
    I also drink a gallon of water for my weight, it was recommend by my Dr. I love the lemon slices, and sometimes I do orange and cucumber slices to change it up.
    :smile:
  • MommyWilson
    MommyWilson Posts: 58
    Options
    You guys drink an entire gallon of water a day? I have trouble sucking down the traditional 8 glasses. Water is so tasteless. And lemon doesn't do much because then I want to add some sugar for lemonade.:drinker: Anywho, is it better to gulp it in the morning or just throughout the day?
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I drink my gallon throughout the day. I often tell myself hurry and finish your gallon so you can have a coke zero. I know , I know diet pop is so bad. I try to only drink 1 can . baby steps ,baby steps...... :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • aur23a
    Options
    Yes, I try to drink two 1 Liter bottles by noon and the other 2 by bedtime. Today I was able to drink it a little sooner. I'm trying... I've started the gallon thing just 2 weeks ago. :smile:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I am back in the group.

Sorry I have been away, I have missed everyone and I see there are new people here too.

I have been a failure, but I am getting back on track once again!!!

:heart: :heart:
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Options
    I try to drink a allot of water but it is more like 8 or 9 bottles of 9 oz water I have no idea is the eqaul a gallon Happy to see you here reedwoman 814.
    I also wondering any good idea for breakfast. I justed started eating breakfast a week ago since I started my plan up until I never eat it and thank to stillkristi I know no way it is so improtant so if you have any good food for breakfast please I could use the help.
    thank you
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Carmen and I'm pretty new to this site. (couple of weeks) I have thoroughly enjoyed the support and great attitudes of all of the members. I have a lot of weight to lose and have a great start as I have lost 39 pounds in the past 5 weeks. But sometimes I just need that extra support and words of encouragement that my husband can't seem to give me because he just doesn't understand. I have over 200 pounds to lose, at least that's what the ht/wt chart says. As I continue on my journey I would like to become a part of the over 300 club for support and friendship.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hello team. I had a crazy day at work, and this is abou tthe first time I have been able to post! First, welcime new folks! smiley_aakq.gif

We are way glad to have you with us. And, Leanlioness - good to have you back. Not a failure my friend, just off track. Now you are back.

So, the water thing - there are so many reasons to drink lots of water. One is it helps you feel full. If you are like me, for a long time, you have been pretty out of touch with your body. At first, its hard to distinguish between hunger and thirst. So a rule of thumb is drink water first, then eat. Also, so many of your body's systems depend on water to lubricate, or transport, or dilute, or, or..... Here is information from a post several months ago:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    The only reason I am posting this is mainly because I have skin problems. I'm 31, and I cannot seem to get rid of pimples. They pop up everywhere, no matter what I do!

I was just about to make an appointment with a very expensive dermatologist, when I came across an article online, written by a dermatologist, explaining the importance of water.

With regards to weight loss, it is vital. One of the roles of your liver is to process fat and turn it into energy. When you don't drink enough water, your kidneys shunt some of their filtering work to the liver, and the liver cannot work at full capacity to turn your fat into energy! It has to filter waste as well.

Also, if you don't drink enough water, toxins build up in your body, which can clog your pores. That is my problem. I drink maybe two glasses a day. Eight to ten tall glasses of water daily are recommended, IN ADDITION to what you drink when you workout! In other words, once you think you've had enough water, drink another glass!

After reading that article this morning, I'm on my fourth glass! LOL
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I was a huge soda drinker. Some people justify soda consumption because they drink diet. There are lots of reasons to avoid soda all together - which you all prolly know about. Well, at first, I switched to crystal light and was drinking a ton of that. Then, my weight loss slowed way down. So, I decided to stop with the crystal light - and I started losing again. Now, I drink it occasionally, like when I want something kind of sweet. If you don't like the flavor of water, I recommend getting it filtered. Be sure to wash your pitchers out and change filters as recommended. Also, squeeze in some mint, lemon, lime, orange, cranberry, strawberry, etc. Not much, just for flavor Or, at Kroger stores, I recently founda product called True Lemon and True Lime 0 cal, 0 carb. LIttle flavor packets the size of splenda.

MPJS - breakfast options are as wide open as you want. What do you like? Have that! :happy: Its a good idea to try to eat within the first half hour you are up. That helps jump start the metabolism which makes you more effieicnt at burning calories all day. Incidently, that is one important reason to eat smaller meals more frequently - so eating 5 or 6 small meals spaced at 2 -2.5 hour intervals keeps the metabolism hot. Early in the day is the best time to eat carbs, and you should lighten up on them later on. Complex carbs! A while back, the following thread had a lot of breakfast ideas in it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/45031-breakfast-help?hl=whats+for+breakfast#posts-470004

So here is one of my favorite breakfasts: one piece of whole wheat toast, 90 cals, two slices of bacon 70 cals, one egg +one egg white, scrambeled or in an omlete (the first egg is 85 calories, the additional white only 17 with a very small pat of butter its only 145 ish cals.) 1/2 oz. of cheese is about 50 cals. I try to work in a veggie - broccoli or tomatos are favorites. The entire thing is about 300 calories. If you prefer sausage, well - ya gotta go with chicken or turkey - cuz a serving of pork sausage is over 300 calories all by itself! If you have a George Forman grill, there is a receipe for "THe Champs Sausage" or something like that - which has ground chicken and apples. The apples give it a nice flavor and help keep the dryer chicken meat moist. Applegate Farms makes a chicken apple breakfast sausage that is 140 calories a serving - twice what lean bacon is, but way less than half what regular sausage is. Its tasty, too. You will notice I did not say anything about chemical sprays or margarine instead of butter or "light" cheese. I don't like em, so I don't use em. I just cut down the size of portion. A half an ounce of cheese is ample for a breakfast omlete for me.

suthernbelle - I started needing to lose about 290 lbs. I lost 19 lbs before coming to MFP and am within one pound of having lost 50 total pounds. We can do this! What works for me is this is NOT a diet - its a lifestyle change. I am going to live this way the rest of my life. Eventually, I will add back a bite of dessert here and there, but right now I am not ready for that. And, for me, soda has to go. So do chips and fast food. Those are my downfall. Einstein said Insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. SO, I am stopping the insanity! So good to have you with us! You have already lost a lot of weight! Good job! smiley_aakq.gif

Well everyone - I am weighing tomorrow - I look forward to a ticker change! Hope everyone is on track for good news! See you tomorrow!

edit: oh, almost forgot! Blazin to change your ticker to reflect your new starting point, go to my home and goals and change goals. Then, you can put your new starting weight on today, and tomorrow, you can put in your new currrent weight, which will show on your ticker. It will skew reports you might run, because you will lose a bunch of weight in one day, but from then on, you will be accurate.
  • MPJS
    MPJS Posts: 465
    Options
    good morning everyone thank you stillkristi Those are great breakfast's. I will be tryin them this week good luck on your weigh in.
    I hope everyone has a great day .There is so much support on this thread it is so great to be here!:smile:
  • reedwoman814
    Options
    Well I knew water was important, but I'm not sure I can do a whole gallon, lol! I am definitely making sure I chug though. I know I need to to make my body work properly.

I'm excited to be a part of this group!
  • 4suredistime
    Options
    Wow, wow, wow.... so much happened in a few days!!!

Welcome to all the new members! Glad to have you with us.

StillK, I am going to start calling you "Team Recruiter"... you seem to always find awsome people to join our group.

I had so much to read up on, I don't know where to start.

As my time is limited today, I will say A BIG CONGRATS to everyone on their progress and efforts. And thank you so much to everyone else who contributed info!!! The best tool to have on this journey is information! and we are getting plenty here. Thanks guys.

I have been quite busy this week at work and at home, which is why I have not had the chance to check in daily... but I do miss you guys. I am heading off to sunny Florida this weekend, and come back on Monday. I will try to check in in the evenings, specially to record my daily intake. I am taking my exercise gear and my tae bo dvd!!! Yaaaay! NO EXCUSES. :happy: On my weigh in on Tuesday, I am expecting to make up for the low numbers last week because of you know who!!! So that is one incentive to not mess up this weekend at my little family gathering.
    Wish me luck guys!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!! and lets keep our heads and spirits up!!! We can do this 4sure!!!
  • reedwoman814
    Options
    Hi guys, I've been doing alright the last few days. But I'm a lil bummed because yesterday after I drank all my water, I allowed myself a glass of diet cherry 7 up, and today I reread the bottle and it wasn't diet at all! I don't know how I do that!! So now I went over my calories by 150 for yesterday. What a bummer.

My youngest (2 1/2) has the stomach flu and she's been sleeping on me for 2 days. That has definitely stopped me from running for snacks out of boredom. My poor baby, though. :cry:

Does anyone else have issues with computer time = snack time? Do you use substitutions or crack down and say none at all?
  • suthernbelle
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

I'm having a mediocre day at work today. I just finished my pre-packaged lunch which tends to fill me up but I still have the occasional craving for a "subway" sandwich:laugh:

stillkristi, you are right about this being a lifestyle change and not just a diet! Congrats on your weightloss!

4sure, I hope you have a great time in Florida this weekend, I will be vacationing in Destin at the end of the month and the only thing I'm apprehensive about is my ability to stick with my current "lifestyle" changes (that's for you stillk!:wink: ) I know we can do it! Yes we can!

reedwoman, I just opt for nothing when I'm online, in fear of overdoing it plus when I'm online at home, it's kind of a break away from the hubby, my daughter, and I use it to relax. Maybe if you prepare snacks in baggies ahead of time, and just grab one during your computer time, you can control your intake.

Everyone keep up the good work!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi, gang! Just a quick post for me. Gotta exercise. At weigh-in, I last another 1.5 lbs, so thats all good. 4suredistime - have a great vacation!! Post when you can, we'll be sure to hear from you when you get back. reedwoman, I agree with southernbelle - either nothing at the pc, or ay gotta measure out your snack and when its gone, its gone. I highly recommend water consumption at that time. Also, lately, I have been having lentils more often as a snack. I think I mentioned them before. SO HEALTHY. and pretty good tasting to me. I encourage everyone to take just a quarter of a cup to start with of dry lentils and soak them until they are soft. You don't need to worry about sprouting them. Then, I eat them an ounce at a time. 96 calories, 16 carbs (good carbs) 8 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber.

Well, Blazin - I am thinking of you my dear - you are in my prayers.

Falcon, aur23a, kymcgill, khadj, paddlemom, and all you all, check back in and let us know what you are up to! Take care gang!
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

I'm having a mediocre day at work today. I just finished my pre-packaged lunch which tends to fill me up but I still have the occasional craving for a "subway" sandwich:laugh:

stillkristi, you are right about this being a lifestyle change and not just a diet! Congrats on your weightloss!

4sure, I hope you have a great time in Florida this weekend, I will be vacationing in Destin at the end of the month and the only thing I'm apprehensive about is my ability to stick with my current "lifestyle" changes (that's for you stillk!:wink: ) I know we can do it! Yes we can!

reedwoman, I just opt for nothing when I'm online, in fear of overdoing it plus when I'm online at home, it's kind of a break away from the hubby, my daughter, and I use it to relax. Maybe if you prepare snacks in baggies ahead of time, and just grab one during your computer time, you can control your intake.

Everyone keep up the good work!

mmmm Subway!....I fulfilled that craving at lunch today, but the weather was nice and it's a 15 minute walk each way at my lunch hour. Had a 6 inch club and stayed well within my limits (also it's a swim night!) I really believe that if you are selective and intelligent about feeding your cravings the path to change is SO much smoother...

On the plus side, I HAD to go out and buy a new pair of pants for work this week, cause I kept having to pull all the old ones up. I will have "Thunder Thighs" no matter what size I end up - good Ukrainian stock! - so I still have to be selective and get wide legs; but I actually bought pants 2 sizes smaller than the last time I went shopping!!!!! AND I bought myself one of those wide belts - a huge fashion leap cause the last time I tried one I looked like a stuffed sausage.

reedwoman - try making computer time = water time. I know what you mean by looking for something busying while you are on line, so try water with a straw, then you can "mindelessly" stick something in your mouth or play with in your hands that won't be bad for you.

stillk - good for you! You are keeping things moving in the right direction - for US as well as you!

Everyone have a great weekend!!!
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    Well, today has been a good day.

I can honestly say, this time is it. I've always doubted myself before, doubted the lifestyle change, and just knew I'd fail in general. But not this time. I'm not really even tempted. I tempted myself with a timbit (doughnut hole) yesterday. I ate it .... and didn't enjoy it. So I said " okay, I'm not really missing out on anything" Now before, I could sit and eat an entire box of 20 by myself, and still sit and nibble on something else afterwards.

We just keep getting great people in here. Isn't it wonderful to know your not alone. :flowerforyou:

I'm one of those people that everytime I go somewhere I always mentally think "Dear god I'm the fattest woman in here" Makes for a crappy self esteam and out look on life. Then I remember one of my favourite little sayings I have for myself

I may not be happy with my body, but I'm happy with me.

I'm a good person. I treat others how I want to be treated. I'm a great Mom, and a pretty good wife too. I'm a great best friend, and a loving God-Mother and Auntie. I have people who love me for Tracy not the shape of my body, and I have people I love in return. I strive daily to be a better person, to lift up those who need a helping hand or an encouraging word. So.... I may not be happy with my body, but I'm happy with ME.

I hope on your journey each and every one of you find the body and shape you desire, to make your self esteam shine. But most of all I hope you realize you are an amazing person reguardless of weight-loss. :heart:
  • suthernbelle
    Options
    Oh paddlemom! I bet that subway sandwich was sooo tasty!!!!!:love::drinker: I'm here in south Louisiana and the weather was really good here as well. That was a great idea to walk to Subway and back, you ate healthy and got in some physical activity. Rt. now my diet consist of prepackaged meals/shakes but as soon as I am allowed some veggies, I'm going to go to Subway and get a salad piled high with veggies! (Never thought I would crave a salad!:smile: ) Congratulations on going down 2 sizes! That's a wonderful measure of weightloss (sometimes the scale can deceive us). Keep it up!!!!