You're annoying.

Options
You ever feel like you "annoy" others with your successes (annoy is probably the wrong word.) How long do you give people to return support on here before you remove them?

Replies

• herna276
    Options
    I so agree anoying is the right word, but what can you do these days you can only worry on how you feel and hope for others to take advantage of the good vibes you are giving with your sucess.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    It's your friend list. Do what you want with it.

I generally don't care if they interact or not. It doesn't affect me.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    all life is annoying. or is it all life is suffering? I dont know...this can be annoying
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Different people are different. Some people are happy to read your feed and not respond. I like more interaction than that personally. I usually figure a month or two with no word(or excuse for not being around as the case may be) , they must not be interested in being my friend.

I would assume that if they haven't deleted YOU, then they probably aren't annoyed by you.

:heart:
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Oh,I KNOW I annoy people every day...good thing they LOVE me & know how to ignore me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cfreema
    cfreema Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I delete people ALL THE TIME on myfitnesspal. I don't give any warning, i just delete an move on! This is your site for support, if you aren't getting it delete them! But i looooove your successes so dont delete me!! =D
  • KaylaTie
    Options
    all life is annoying. or is it all life is suffering? I dont know...this can be annoying

BOOM. Problem solved.
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I don't remove people for things like that. I remove them for not interacting at all with me or if our personalities don't mesh. I will also remove people for not logging in for over a week unless they have said they are going to be away or something. Others...I honestly would never delete.

I find that some of my friends on here I interact with in a purely social way.

You should do what works for you!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    In real life, I tend to keep my mouth shut about what I do. One time when I posted a remark about my weight loss on Facebook, I was met with a lot of snide remarks. On here I don't really care. I sometimes go through my list and delete people who haven't logged in for a while (unless they said they would be gone for some time); or people who I know have not said anything to me at all. I don't really have a specific time frame, though. Being busy is once thing, but I don't see the point in keeping people who NEVER show support.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it so much on here because we're all here for the same things and if it bother other people to see me succeed then that's not my issue. I don't get mad when they do amazing and I am struggling.

That said I worry about it in my daily people to people interactions. As my relationship with food has changed I have noticed that so has my relationship with my friends and family. Not a ton of it for the better to be honest. Though many of the women in my life are happy for me but also upset that they haven't made the same progress.
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I delete people if they annoy me. You have to make this personalized to your taste. If you don't like someone or they don't support you give 'em the boot! haha :happy:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I believe in the fine art of going out of your way to annoy people. If they stick around then they're keepers; if not, they've saved you the trouble of having to delete them.
  • jbinga
    jbinga Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think there's a difference in support and unheartfelt commenting just for the heck of it. I had a MFP "friend" who would comment on EVERY SINGLE POST of mine. I was under my calorie goal for the day and I would get a WTG (so what if those calories were made up of a trip to McD's and enough sodium to fill the Dead Sea). I would log a 20 minute slow walk and no other exercise for an entire week and she would comment "Good Job". I like to have friends that will really read my Food Diary and be somewhat invested in my journey instead of just throwing out random comments. I don't need or want all sunshine and rainbows, either. Sometimes I needed some tough love and she certainly never brought that. I would go on her page and see a really long string of comments (with her 212 friends) on people's status updates that were all very similar to mine...WTG, Good Job, nice burn, etc. I would occasionally comment on her things (personal things that make it obvious that I'm invested in her) but after a while, I got tired of it. As soon as I stopped commenting, she defriended me. All she wanted was to see how many friends she could rack up and how many comments on her updates she could get. So, if you're looking for heart felt comments on your updates and have a small friends list, then I'm all for you defriending folks (I've done that) and friend me. :) But if you just want to see how many comments you can get on an update, it might be a good opportunity to reevaluate your motives. Good luck! :)
  • tnorkus
    Options
    I use this site for tracking my calories, exercise and weight.
    I do not use it as a social networking site and have limited my 'friends" because all the 'support' does get annoying.
    Seriously -does "AWESOME" as a response to your workout or completed diary really support and motivate?
    Maybe its me. I have social network sites for social networking and fitness sites to track my fitness.
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You ever feel like you "annoy" others with your successes (annoy is probably the wrong word.) How long do you give people to return support on here before you remove them?

You read my mind.....I just posted something like this moments ago :laugh:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/415276-when-is-it-too-many-friends
  • KaylaTie
    Options
    It's your friend list. Do what you want with it.

I generally don't care if they interact or not. It doesn't affect me.

Though this was helpful.... :|.... I use this site for motivation and support. So yeah, it's kind of important to me if they show no support. Doesn't affect me if they don't but I also don't want to continue wasting my support on them, hence me wanting to know how long you give them before you move on.
  • KaylaTie
    Options
    I delete people ALL THE TIME on myfitnesspal. I don't give any warning, i just delete an move on! This is your site for support, if you aren't getting it delete them! But i looooove your successes so dont delete me!! =D

Neverrrrrrrrrrr! You've been supportive from the get go :)
  • KaylaTie
    Options
    I don't remove people for things like that. I remove them for not interacting at all with me or if our personalities don't mesh. I will also remove people for not logging in for over a week unless they have said they are going to be away or something. Others...I honestly would never delete.

I find that some of my friends on here I interact with in a purely social way.

You should do what works for you!

Oops, yes...I meant no interaction at all. Like I am annoying to them. Or another word...?? Eh.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    On here, no I haven't felt that way, but face to face friends, yup. It's gotten pretty sad to be honest, the people who I consider close to me have pulled themselves away from me and I know it's because the only things in life I have to talk about is weight loss/toning/living healthy, kids, crochet, and photography. Honestly I shouldn't be made to feel bad because I have something awesome to share, I'm happy with the way I'm starting to look and honestly if people can't deal with it, then its nice to know now, because once I hit the best me there is, I don't want them if they can't handle me now.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    yes yes I am... :bigsmile: :drinker: