SO and myths?

2»

Replies

• Nope, mine is reasonable and easily informed. If he has a misconception, I'll tell him my facts and sources, and if he can disprove them he does. Usually ends up in a nice little discussion. Sometimes I learn, sometimes he learns. (Mostly him, but that's cause I spend a lot of time doing research on the internet)
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Told my guy all the same things his new trainer told him...but he's listening to the trainer. What the heck? XD
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    My fiancee just believes what I tell him to believe, lol. Doesn't matter though, because he seriously doesn't care much about his health. He cares more about what his stomach is telling him. Luckily, I'm the one mostly in charge now of what goes into his stomach, so I sneak veggies and reduced fat options and whole grains in there.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Bro science FTW!

4 out of 5 Broctors approve these myths :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Mine believe you can lose weight by working out only.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member

Mine thinks saturated fat is the ultimate of all evil things and that fat-free candies like skittles are good for him.

Skittles aren't good for you? Oh crap. That explains a lot.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Mine (who's in the Navy!) has told me all I needed to do was situps and pushups and I'd lose all the weight I wanted to. Although, come to think about it, he didn't say how many or for how long ... lol

He also still believes you have to wait 30 minutes after eating before going in the pool. Oy.
  • rml_16

Mine thinks saturated fat is the ultimate of all evil things and that fat-free candies like skittles are good for him.

I thought they were fruit!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    My husband and I have had the lactic acid argument countless times about muscle soreness. He keeps telling me to get into an ice bath and I keep telling him that it won't make my TORN MUSCLE FIBERS heal any faster.......sigh.

I know lactic acid plays a small part in the soreness but he doesn't see the big picture.
  • My husband eats whatever he wants and in large quanities and LOSES weight. I never go to him for advice or even inform him of what I am doing because I know the response. " Just watch what you eat, honey and exercise longer" as he eats a double cheeseburger!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member

Don't get sucked into a myth, they are fruit! Also, you can replace any type of fish with Swedish fish and still get the same health benefits.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Mine (who's in the Navy!) has told me all I needed to do was situps and pushups and I'd lose all the weight I wanted to. Although, come to think about it, he didn't say how many or for how long ... lol

He also still believes you have to wait 30 minutes after eating before going in the pool. Oy.

Well, if you do sit-ups the whole day, you don't have much time to eat so I guess he's kind of right!
  • rml_16

Don't get sucked into a myth, they are fruit! Also, you can replace any type of fish with Swedish fish and still get the same health benefits.

Thank goodness!

I may try the situps all day and no food diet. Then he'll be all, "See? I was RIGHT!"
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    My guy is scared of me turning into one of those bodybuilding women that has huge "Mr Universe" muscles because I lift. :noway:
  • My poor hubby cant gain weight to save his life no matter what he tries. :( so sad that i wish the myths were turn. otherwise id stuff my hubby and send him to bed. lol

my boyfriend is like this. i feed him good meals and snacks. he gains nothing while i'm over here counting calories and exercising almost everyday!