What to eat when I get my tongue pierced?

Options
I'm getting it done next week and I know I should stay away from hot/spicy foods and that, but what should I eat.... I'll probably only have liquids for like 3 days, until the pain stops anyway... ANY advice?

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    You could drink some smoothies & protein shakes to get in nutrition if you're not feeling up to solid food. I've never had my tongue pierced so I don't have any personal experience.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Cold stuff. Nothing too hot or hard to chew. I don’t remember the swelling and pain lasting more than 2-4 days though. You will know if you can’t eat something.
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I drank broth soup for that week. That and pineapple juice, because its a good disinfectant for your mouth =)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I actually was fine a a day after I got it done. Not much swelling. I tried to eat chocolate chip ice cream right after and kept chewing on the ball and spitting blood - i do not recommend that!

I used it as an excuse to eat baby food and pudding :D
  • HeatherBurke
    Options
    I ate green chile pizza the same day... Big mistake.. Mine didn't swell longer than the 1st day or hurt really tho so eating wasnt really a problem.. It just depends on how it feels after you get it done. Everyone is different
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Ice. It's gonna hurt like a b*tch.
  • gingercookie94
    Options
    Stay away from dairy for the first few days! It'll give you a higher chance of infection, something to do with the bacteria in most dairy products. You could whiz up food like they do for babies if you felt like it.
  • REBEE17
    REBEE17 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Don't drink though a straw!

I had mine done years back and it didn't hurt very much at all. Whatever you do eat, eat SLOW. It takes a while to get used to the ball and not chomping down on it.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Lots of soup and popsicles. Stay away from dairy stuff and get a soft bristled tooth brush.
  • lorals05
    Options
    I actually was fine a a day after I got it done. Not much swelling. I tried to eat chocolate chip ice cream right after and kept chewing on the ball and spitting blood - i do not recommend that!

I used it as an excuse to eat baby food and pudding :D

I did the same thing except pieces of the chocolate chips stuck to my post and I couldn't figure out how to get them off without hurting my tongue :)
  • marielladear
    Options
    oooooo, I'm actually scared about accidently biting the ball! OUCH! But thanks! I'm going to eat slow, blend foods and smoothies and frozen yogurt! YUMMM!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    the biggest issue I had was biting the barbell, change it as soon as you can, i think it is two weeks, other then that liquids are best for the first 2 days, it is mostly annoying to chew due to how bulky the barbell is at first.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I would say cold stuff will feel best, I would also reccomend NOT getting a barbell with the plastic balls. I had that kind twice and both times they got stripped and I swallowed them (barbell and balls) both times. That pretty much did it for me Lol. Good luck.
  • prencesskl
    Options
    slurpees are the best... it only takes like 5 days to heal but ur gonna want to not eat anything you really have to chew because when u accidentaly bite it... it hurts a heck of a lot : ) good luck
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You should not get your tiongue pierced because it's not 1996 anymore.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Smooties and soft food. I had 2 barbells and after I bit them several times trying to eat I changed them to plastic balls on the end. Also the silver barbell will ruin your teeth..
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Given the reason people get their tongues pierced, I would say popsicles and/or bananas.
  • ConkreteChic
    ConkreteChic Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yogurt!! frozen or otherwise.

When i got mine done I made the mistake of eating a cheeseburger and fries from a fast food joint (shout out to ****'s!) BIG mistake. My tongue was swollen for a good 24 hours. Avoid salty foods, and sucking out of a straw for awhile.

Tongue piercings are the fastest healing piercings though, and in a week it will feel totally normal.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Given the reason people get their tongues pierced, I would say popsicles and/or bananas.

Or tacos.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options

Good point.

Seriously though, if you are that concerned and nervous about it then why do it?