Tell me I can't lose 200 lbs

Options
13»

Replies

• StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options

I would be missing the stares and dirty looks of strangers as I pass them in the store or on the street. I would be missing the snarky remarks of sales girls telling me "we don't carry anything in YOUR size". I would be missing having to assess that flimsy chair at a friend's house, wondering if I sit, will it hold me? Missing the comments of friends and family asking if I've been exercising and eating right. Missing going through pair after pair of jeans because my touching thighs keep rubbing holes in them. Missing going through life never knowing what my style is, because I've always just had to settle for what I could find that would fit me. Missing the judgmental smirks of strangers if I dare eat anything other than a salad. Missing never going swimming in 20 years because I would make people sick if I wore a bathing suit. Missing never being able to enjoy a nice long soak in a bath because most tubs are too narrow and squeeze my hips. Missing going through the hottest summer months sweltering in jeans and big shirts. Missing chairs with arms that pinch and poke and dig into me like medieval torture devices. Missing clothes that are either too tight or lay on me like a potato sack - nothing every fitting right.

Those are just a few of the things I want to go the rest of my life “missing”. So ok, I don't know what I'm missing not being thin? But I will be happy going the rest of my life missing what it's like being fat.

These are your words...they inspire me.

You can choose to do this!!!! Set your mind to it.... for all the things that you choose to let go!!!

Love this!!!^^^^^ If you don't mind I would like to borrow it to remind me as well during my struggling days!!!

And Stacy- I know how u feel and I'm right there with you so just for you and only cause u asked - U cant do it!

LOL Thank you, Sarah! :D And yeah, you can use it anytime you want. I would be honored if it can somehow help motivate others. It's from my "You Let Yourself Go" post. You can read the rest of it here if you like: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/415465-you-let-yourself-go
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about it. If you're so sick of being overweight, CHANGE IT! You got yourself there, you're the only one that can take you back. You haven't listed a medical reason (that I can see) so what's your excuse?!

First, I don't "feel sorry" for myself. Never have felt sorry for myself for being fat, and hopefully I never will. Second I didn't get myself here, you don't know me and you don't know my life. "you're the only one that can take you back" Take me back to where? What are you talking about?

Second, there is no reason to be hateful and rude. Putting a cute smiley flower after your rude comment doesn't mitigate that rudeness, by the way.

I would like to begin by apologizing if my comments seemed overly rude and even hateful. In no way did I mean to offend or hurt you. As previously stated, I apparently misread your request because I did take it as "tough love." If someone were to say the above to me I would be equally p*ssed off and it would motivate me to prove that they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. I should have chosen my words more carefully but I didn't think the answers where everyone was being positive instead were what you were looking for. I was just trying to "light a fire" like you asked for. Again, I apologize and will be more cautious with my posts in the future.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about it. If you're so sick of being overweight, CHANGE IT! You got yourself there, you're the only one that can take you back. You haven't listed a medical reason (that I can see) so what's your excuse?!

First, I don't "feel sorry" for myself. Never have felt sorry for myself for being fat, and hopefully I never will. Second I didn't get myself here, you don't know me and you don't know my life. "you're the only one that can take you back" Take me back to where? What are you talking about?

Second, there is no reason to be hateful and rude. Putting a cute smiley flower after your rude comment doesn't mitigate that rudeness, by the way.

I would like to begin by apologizing if my comments seemed overly rude and even hateful. In no way did I mean to offend or hurt you. As previously stated, I apparently misread your request because I did take it as "tough love." If someone were to say the above to me I would be equally p*ssed off and it would motivate me to prove that they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. I should have chosen my words more carefully but I didn't think the answers where everyone was being positive instead were what you were looking for. I was just trying to "light a fire" like you asked for. Again, I apologize and will be more cautious with my posts in the future.

Then it is *I* who owes you an apology. I didn't realize it was your intention to give me "tough love". I had asked for people to tell me it's impossible to lose 200 lbs and that I couldn't do it. I didn't realize someone would interpret that request to mean something else. I genuinely thought you where just trying to be rude. lol I'm sorry I misunderstood you. I'm happy to hear that your heart was in the right place. I appreciate that very much! :)
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You can't lose 200lbs! unless you do it for yourself I try to review my ugly pictures of my weight every week and then I get motivated.
  • mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    YOU CAN'T DO IT!!! YOU'RE FAT!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options

Both excellent posts, well done xx
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

I would be missing the stares and dirty looks of strangers as I pass them in the store or on the street. I would be missing the snarky remarks of sales girls telling me "we don't carry anything in YOUR size". I would be missing having to assess that flimsy chair at a friend's house, wondering if I sit, will it hold me? Missing the comments of friends and family asking if I've been exercising and eating right. Missing going through pair after pair of jeans because my touching thighs keep rubbing holes in them. Missing going through life never knowing what my style is, because I've always just had to settle for what I could find that would fit me. Missing the judgmental smirks of strangers if I dare eat anything other than a salad. Missing never going swimming in 20 years because I would make people sick if I wore a bathing suit. Missing never being able to enjoy a nice long soak in a bath because most tubs are too narrow and squeeze my hips. Missing going through the hottest summer months sweltering in jeans and big shirts. Missing chairs with arms that pinch and poke and dig into me like medieval torture devices. Missing clothes that are either too tight or lay on me like a potato sack - nothing every fitting right.

Those are just a few of the things I want to go the rest of my life “missing”. So ok, I don't know what I'm missing not being thin? But I will be happy going the rest of my life missing what it's like being fat.

These are your words...they inspire me.

You can choose to do this!!!! Set your mind to it.... for all the things that you choose to let go!!!

Love this!!!^^^^^ If you don't mind I would like to borrow it to remind me as well during my struggling days!!!

And Stacy- I know how u feel and I'm right there with you so just for you and only cause u asked - U cant do it!

LOL Thank you, Sarah! :D And yeah, you can use it anytime you want. I would be honored if it can somehow help motivate others. It's from my "You Let Yourself Go" post. You can read the rest of it here if you like: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/415465-you-let-yourself-go

Yes very awesome! It'll def help! Friend me if u'd like! I need and offer support!
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    YOU CAN'T DO IT!!! YOU'RE FAT!

Thanks, Matt! :heart:
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You're doomed for failure! Sorry.
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    You can't lose 200lbs! unless you do it for yourself I try to review my ugly pictures of my weight every week and then I get motivated.

LOL I know what you mean. I have my "before" pictures on my desk top. Every time I log in I see them. It definitely helps motivate me. :)
  • StacySkinny
    Options
    You're doomed for failure! Sorry.

I know right? The odds are that I can't lose the weight in the first place, then 90% of the people who somehow do lose the weight gain it all back in 5 years. Yup, seems I'm doomed to failure. ...Except, I won't fail! :D

Thanks for the comment! I'll definitely put that in my mental motivation file. lol *hug*
  • FromFat2Fab
    FromFat2Fab Posts: 101
    Options
    Hey, add me as a friend so I can rub all my amazing daily work outs and accomplishments in your face.

;)

awww this was cute