How do you.. secret exercise?

Options

Replies

• FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this!! You all have given me so many good ideas...

Oh and and me to the creeper list.... YUMMY!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Kegels!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Every little bit helps, right??

Yes ma'am!!! Especially when you sit for 8 hours a day; an hour at the gym just doesn't seem to be enough.
    Kegels!!

All hail the mighty kegel :)
  • pirate4hire
    Options
    On Black Friday I wore ankle weights while shopping. It was amazing. That night my calves hurt so bad (but felt so good) and when I took the weights off, my ankles look amazing. I am thinking I should start wearing them to work daily.

I had to get some of those after I (slightly) messed up my knee a couple years ago and have completely forgot about them. I'm going to dig them out and start wearing them around. Thanks for the idea!

Recently I've started doing forward lunges while walking up and down my hallway on telecommute days. I should probably start to integrate squats as well. Second week here so building slowly.
  • rachelmorgan77
    rachelmorgan77 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    We have multiple floors where I work, and every time I need to refill my water glass I make myself truck up the stairs instead of going to the ice machine on my floor. I'm sure my coworkers just think I'm lost, but it helps me regain my focus when taking my little jaunt around the building. Since I'm also in charge of PR, I'll randomly go around the building and take pictures of stuff to ward off the 2:00 - 3:00 blahs.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I tighten my butt muscles up several time a day while sitting on it !!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I keep trainers in my desk drawer I change into and go for a power walk to a shop a mile or two away to get my lunch! I also carry a resistance band in my handbag and when I get an unexpected invite which means I won;t be able to get to the gym after work, I do some resistance training every time I go to the loo. Goodness knows what people think the noise is :blushing:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Pushups are my weak spot so I try and sneak in a few when changing clothes or just before a shower. LOL
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

I don't blame her. I'm doing a secret exercise while looking at your picture right now :blushing:

Seriously...nice to know I'm not the only creeper!
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    i had to buy ankle weights after knee replacement surgery last year and haven't used them much! i had thought about using them for my exercising and walking but never took the time to get them out of the closet. getting them out today and plan to use them! thanks for the reminder!
  • Nelly_J
    Options
    LOL i love this, TMI but everytime i go to the private (thank God always clean bathroom) at work i do some squats, air boxing and i sometimes jog on the spot...Sounds crazy but it adds up lol

OMG...I do this at work to! Thank goodness I'm not alone lol! I do it just to get a break from my desk; gives me an extra boost throughout the day.
  • HMD7703
    Options
    It is nice to know that other people do these things too. I was starting to wonder if I was the lone exercise creeper haha!

(By the way, I was doing butt clenches while typing that... so thanks to the person that suggested them!)
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs......laughed so hard I cried down my leg! Wait a minute....won't kegels help with that? LOL! :laugh:
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Well at work we have a really long walk to the bathroom, so I do intermediate walking all the way there and back. I look really funny walking really fast for 20 then normal pace for 20 but hey... ever little bit helps.
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Haha, been doing kegels since I read that...
  • HMD7703
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs......laughed so hard I cried down my leg! Wait a minute....won't kegels help with that? LOL! :laugh:

Hahahaha!!

That is the word on the street.
    I am on my third set of 100 reps! LOL
    My hubby is going to have a big surprise tonight!!
  • LadyHansen13
    LadyHansen13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This may sound silly, but I learned this one off an old workout video....

But squeezes while sitting.

So, if you work in an office sometimes you can do it, without anyone noticing it. Does it work, YES! Over time, of course!
  • HMD7703
    Options
    This may sound silly, but I learned this one off an old workout video....

But squeezes while sitting.

So, if you work in an office sometimes you can do it, without anyone noticing it. Does it work, YES! Over time, of course!

:bigsmile:

Did squats in the shower! Woot woot!
  • tapas71
    tapas71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mini tummy crunches while sofa surfin. Belly button to the back, pelvic tilt.. and kegel, of course.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I love this, great ideas!

At work if I need to talk to someone in the office I always try and find them instead of calling so I can get up and walk around. Sometimes people call people one or two offices over, such laziness!