Bare Minerals?

Options

Replies

• PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I use the foundation and blush and LOVE LOVE LOVE them. My skin is glowy.

I hate the eyeshadow, because of the fallout of the powder and I like my eyeshadow to be a little more dramatic.
  • pirate4hire
    Options
    Worth every penny. If you have issues with liquid foundation looking like its flaking off than this is the foundation for you. Also, if you have any redness to your skin they have an anti-redness treatment that works great!
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I tried it and broke out like I had just hit puberty! The only makeup I've ever used that I had that kind of reaction to. :frown:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Use it and love it! I've been using it for about 6 years or so and don't suffer the breakouts I did when I used a liquid base and a powder finisher.
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    I SWEAT by the Mineral Veil and the 'Warmth', but I am highly disappointed that the foundation tens to settle in the lines around my eyes..It IS really great stuff, tho. You can even sleep in it, it's so pure!

Definitely worth the money!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I tried it and broke out like I had just hit puberty! The only makeup I've ever used that I had that kind of reaction to. :frown:

That's weird! It's actually cleared up my skin, when I use it regularly. But nothing is completely hypoallergenic, so it stands to reason that it would affect some people negatively. I'm sorry that happened. :(
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Love it! If you go to Sephora or Ulta they will help you pick out the right colors and help you learn how to apply it.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The stuff they want you to use for "primer" gave me a horrible rash!!!

And although I like the make-up, it's no different for me than the Mary Kay mineral powder which is more matching to my skin tone anyway. And cheaper.

I do like the mineral powders much better than the liquids or other cakey crap you can buy.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Oh my God, I LOOOOVVVVEEEE Bare Minerals. It's seriously boosted my self-esteem and what started my love affair with makeup. I NEVER wore makeup before BE. I'm lucky in that my mom buys me mine every year for Christmas and I have pretty good skin and don't use much, so a large pot lasts me all year until she buys it the next time. I'll never use anything else.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i just bought the starter kit. ended up getting a great deal on it because the lady rang it up wrong (paid 30 dollars instead of 60, no complaints there). i was getting sick of liquid foundation looking like it's disappeared by the end of the day.

i like it so far. it stays on much longer, because sometimes when i take my makeup off at night i can see it on the wipe. i love the warmth stuff. it's dark without being obnoxious. a little dash of that goes a long way, and i don't look so ghostly in photos. i like how it feels on my face as opposed to liquid foundation.

i'm not sure if it's just winter coming, but i've noticed that in the past couple of weeks (when i started using it), my skin has been very dry. i have no problem with moisturizing more but it's a little annoying having flaky skin when i can't get to my moisturizer. like right now my forehead is absolutely terrible.

my advice - try it at the store, see how you like it throughout the day before buying it.
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Use it...love it....not cheap

As others have said
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    love it! i am very low maintenance and it really fits my lifestyle. i got it for my daughter, too, and her skin cleared right up when she started using it
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    <-- Total BE addict.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE their facial moisturizer, use it daily. I don't use their make up products. They make me itchy.
  • CosmicDebris83
    Options
    I'm a beauty consultant at Sephora and I would definitely recommend a primer. Wash your face, moisturize, and then use a Bare Essentuals Primer and it will create a smooth surface, and fill in pores and fine lines.
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't love bare minerals. I use Aveda makeup, and just wanted to try something different so I bought a starter BM set. I'm afraid I spoiled myself with super awesome brushes prior to BM, and theirs just couldn't compare. They seemed to irritate my skin. And I really didn't have the patience to keep practicing applying BM (swirl, tap, apply seems easy enough but always went on looking too heavy and was a pain to start over).

I'll stick with Aveda, a bit pricier, but at least I know it works well with my skin :) Good luck in your decision!
  • Jay0hwhy
    Options
    i'm not crazy about it either. to me it feels like the emporer's new makeup-- i.e. i cant see it

i do LOVE sonia kashuk's foundation and powder and use it every day (from target). i've tried everything and this stuff is amazing for me
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Well hell, I wasn't even interested until I read all of your posts. Now I'm going to have to buy it and see for myself! :bigsmile:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't love bare minerals. I use Aveda makeup, and just wanted to try something different so I bought a starter BM set. I'm afraid I spoiled myself with super awesome brushes prior to BM, and theirs just couldn't compare. They seemed to irritate my skin. And I really didn't have the patience to keep practicing applying BM (swirl, tap, apply seems easy enough but always went on looking too heavy and was a pain to start over).

I'll stick with Aveda, a bit pricier, but at least I know it works well with my skin :) Good luck in your decision!

I don't like their brushes either. They irritate my skin - they seem course and scratchy. Their make up with other brushes still made me itch. It's the only make-up product I've used to do so...
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree about the brushes. They're made from rabbit hair, and I do seem to have an allergic reaction to them. Some people love their brushes, but it depends on the person. I ended up buying the synthetic brushes from EcoTools (I think I got them at Walmart) and they work great.