Team UK: week 1

Options
Well here is our first weekly task.
any new UK people are welcome to join at any time

Each week i will post 1 fitness challenge and 1 nutrition challenge, if anyone has any ideas for challenges please let me know

Week 1 Challenges

Fitness: 60mins of exercise at least 4 times a week, with at least 1 rest day
Nutrition: Drink as close to 2ltrs of water a day.

Just for info about me:
Im 20
5'4''
10st 9 1/2 (I lost another 1/2lb)
my overall goal weight is 9stone

So keep us updated everyone and goodluck!

Katie
xxx

Replies

• curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Well here is our first weekly task.
    any new UK people are welcome to join at any time

Each week i will post 1 fitness challenge and 1 nutrition challenge, if anyone has any ideas for challenges please let me know

Week 1 Challenges

Fitness: 60mins of exercise at least 4 times a week, with at least 1 rest day
    Nutrition: Drink as close to 2ltrs of water a day.

Just for info about me:
    Im 20
    5'4''
    10st 9 1/2 (I lost another 1/2lb)
    my overall goal weight is 9stone

So keep us updated everyone and goodluck!

Katie
    xxx
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Good morning, thanks for the challenges Katie. I think I'll try to go swimming for an hour Tues-Fri. It'll be a squeeze to fit in though, trying to revise for my final exams and working part time :sad:

The water one should be easy enough, I just got a really cute refillable water bottle from Paperchase.

I'm 144.8lbs at the minute, trying to get down to 125lbs. I'm hoping to lose 2lbs a week.

What's everybody's favourite exercise?
  • curvykatie
    Options
    What's everybody's favourite exercise?

I LOVED body combat, but havnt done it for 2 years, the classes are to expensive here compared to at home, so i mostly walk for exercise now, i think my body has got used to it though

Ive made myself a lil chart for exercise, water, and fruit/veg, so whenever i have/do any i can check it off the chart and i can see my progress
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    hey everyone im in this will be a great challenge, i have 19lbs to lose so here goes, im currently 154lbs at 5ft 8 :smile:
  • curvykatie
    Options
    Today is going to be my rest day (I'm ill) so i will focus on the water today
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Today is going to be my rest day (I'm ill) so i will focus on the water today

Aw get better soon! Lots of vitamin C and water! I'll walk to work, should take 30 minutes and drink lots of water while revising. I'll go for an hours swim tomorrow. Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    yeah. !!! will do, this should be exciting.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 20 mins exercise :blushing: Think I may aim for 30 and build up slowly from there as that would be a significant increase for me, maybe 60 by the end of a week? The water is fine - I've been meaning to try and drink more often.

Get well soon Katie :flowerforyou:
  • curvykatie
    Options
    20mins is still a good workout, ive been doing nothing but walking to and from uni:blushing: but i know thats where im falling down
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I have done 2 hours of cleaning today :yawn: wish I could go to bed now lol

I need to lose 50 lbs / 4 st :frown:

Did half hour of exersise on wii fit yesterday and feeling the pulling in muscles today will have another go tomorrow.

Oh by the way, I just started.... thank you for creating this group, I need all the motivation I can get for exercise :bigsmile:

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Count me in, I have done 2 hours of cleaning today :yawn: wish I could go to bed now lol

I need to lose 50 lbs / 4 st :frown:

Did half hour of exersise on wii fit yesterday and feeling the pulling in muscles today will have another go tomorrow.

Oh by the way, I just started.... thank you for creating this group, I need all the motivation I can get for exercise :bigsmile:

Good luck :flowerforyou:

I'm so jealous, I wish I had a wii! I was thinking of getting my dad one for his 60th...and then quickly stealing it :laugh: Well done on your exercise.

The walk to work usually takes 40 minutes but today only took 30, maybe my legs are growing (hopefully, I'm only 5"2). Getting up early tomorrow to go for a swim. Hope you're all chugging your water!! :flowerforyou:
  • curvykatie
    Options
    Yup, i am, i've had 6 of the 8 glasses so far.
    thanks everyone i'm feeling a lot better now - maybe its the water :p
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    cinnamon, not long now and you will be jogging to work and you can have an extra 15 min. in bed :laugh:

wii fit is brilliant, I recommend it but if it's too pricey go for a few good work out dvd's... just as good I reckon but not as much fun :wink:

I have had 6 of 8 water too :drinker:

got a question for anybody who can answer: Is it normal to get up in the night and pee? Is it true I lose a lot of water weight to start with?

I try not to drink anything an hour before bed

:flowerforyou:
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    cinnamon, not long now and you will be jogging to work and you can have an extra 15 min. in bed :laugh:

wii fit is brilliant, I recommend it but if it's too pricey go for a few good work out dvd's... just as good I reckon but not as much fun :wink:

I have had 6 of 8 water too :drinker:

got a question for anybody who can answer: Is it normal to get up in the night and pee? Is it true I lose a lot of water weight to start with?

I try not to drink anything an hour before bed

:flowerforyou:

Yes, I found that since I started drinking more water I get up in the night to pee. I try to drink most of my water with meals and first thing in the morning, and after exercise. I think it's normal to lose a few pounds of water weight.

I also have a question: is brown rice better for you than white rice?
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Yes - less processed so fewer nutrients get lost than in white rice production
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_rice
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Yes - less processed so fewer nutrients get lost than in white rice production
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_rice

Cool thanks! My boyfriend is making curry tonight and I'm trying to make it as healthy as possible. Off for my swim now, hope you all have good days :drinker:
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    my legs still ache from the other day on wii fit, just shows how unfit I am lol

my neighbour is taking me tata's at 1:30pm so will be back later to tell you all about it :tongue:

202210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    Oh my poor body.... I am sitting down and my body is moaning :grumble: but me I feel like I am glowing. :happy: I have walked (uphill) moderate for an hour. Drank 6 pints of water so far.

Hope you are all well :flowerforyou:
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Hey everyone! Good going Helen, you must have pushed yourself really hard. Love that good feeling you get after exercise! What's tata's?

I did my hours swim this morning and it was hard work. Started feeling a bit washed out last night, like achey and tired. I was pooped after 15 minutes of swimming but I pushed myself and did the whole hour. Don't think I ate enough for brekkie though because as I was changing the whole room started spinning and little lights appeared in front of my eyes!! Not good, had some mixed nuts and felt better!

Oh and the brown rice was tastey, took ages to cook though! I've started having my main meal at lunch times because I heard it was better for you...not entirely sure that's true though...

How was everyone else's day?
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hello! Can I join? :bigsmile: I live in Surrey!

I am 5'9, 12st2 (er, 171 lbs?), got down to just 5 lbs over target and then gained back 4 lbs :explode: I'm committed to trying again though! I swim twice a week, adding another 2 exercise sessions will be tricky but will take the kids out in the buggy tomorrow and try and get up some steam! Water is easy for me - I'm still breastfeeding my baby so uber-thirsty all the time anyway!!