Replies

• Galletakek
    Options
    BeeIzebub?! Is Satan tempting me to eat through MFP now!? :noway:

lol I think he is O_O
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting topic to me. A lot of us are overweight because we eat too much. We eat too much because we're addicted to food.

Usually with addiction you just resolve to never partake in the practise ever again. You vow to never drink another drink or smoke another cigarette. When the demons start rationalising for you you always go back to the single, atomic, prime directive: DO NOT DO THAT, EVER!

With food you can't do that. You can't just 'never eat' because you need to eat to live.

So what you end up having to do is instead of treating all food as the same you have to compartmentalise food into separate categories. These foods I can eat and these foods I can't. These foods are my 'cigarettes' ... never to be eaten!

It's hard, though, because it's easy for those 'bad' foods to creep back in because you're eating anyway. One cookie after dinner is ok ... then it's another cookie while watching TV then it's 3 cookies after dinner because it's within your calorie budget then it's the whole pack because hey, while I'm eating cookies I may as well ... one more isn't that bad.

It's just a slippery slope that for some of us we really need to either avoid the cookie altogether or designate one time a week were we officially allow ourselves that ONE cookie.
    I cant eat just one of anything that is bad for me! I must banish all bad foods or I will fail. Just as I did the other night when a friend brought a huge box of doughnuts over. Could I eat just 1???? Hell no!! Had about 4......She is not my friend anymore...haha

So, have a few doughnuts! You have a 13 and a 9 year old. That has to be so stressful. I am sure you are not appreciated as much as you should be. Well you know what, I appreciate you. I think you deserve some doughnuts or what ever else you desire.
    OMGosh!!! You are really Satan, arent you???.......lol
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A treat is a good thing. Its better then denying yourself what you want and ending up eating it all later.
  • foodluver27
    Options
    The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity.
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    naw I don't think so. I would rather give myself permission to get healthy and fit.
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    This cracks me up. Is it sick of me that I actually find it motivational?

Maybe it's sick of me that I decided, after reading this thread, to not have that ice cream.
  • Tracy9377
    Tracy9377 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is one of the most thoughtful and analytical posts I have seen in a while - very balanced, logical, and concrete description of a foggy concept. I hope a lot of people read it.
    Props!!

This is an interesting topic to me. A lot of us are overweight because we eat too much. We eat too much because we're addicted to food.

Usually with addiction you just resolve to never partake in the practise ever again. You vow to never drink another drink or smoke another cigarette. When the demons start rationalising for you you always go back to the single, atomic, prime directive: DO NOT DO THAT, EVER!

With food you can't do that. You can't just 'never eat' because you need to eat to live.

So what you end up having to do is instead of treating all food as the same you have to compartmentalise food into separate categories. These foods I can eat and these foods I can't. These foods are my 'cigarettes' ... never to be eaten!

It's hard, though, because it's easy for those 'bad' foods to creep back in because you're eating anyway. One cookie after dinner is ok ... then it's another cookie while watching TV then it's 3 cookies after dinner because it's within your calorie budget then it's the whole pack because hey, while I'm eating cookies I may as well ... one more isn't that bad.

It's just a slippery slope that for some of us we really need to either avoid the cookie altogether or designate one time a week were we officially allow ourselves that ONE cookie.
  • Beeazlebub
    Options
    I think everyone is misunderstanding me here. I want you to get what you want out of this, definately! I'm just saying everyone needs to take a chill pill. Or any pill for that matter. Have some wine, do a little dancing, ravage the innocent, go to the mall and have a big pretzel. I just want you all to be happy, it's all I want.
  • trekkiebeth
    Options
    I think everyone is misunderstanding me here. I want you to get what you want out of this, definately! I'm just saying everyone needs to take a chill pill. Or any pill for that matter. Have some wine, do a little dancing, ravage the innocent, go to the mall and have a big pretzel. I just want you all to be happy, it's all I want.

Of course Satan wants you to do what makes you happy and do what you want. That's because he knows you want to eat that cake or big mall pretzel and you think it will make you happy. But don't listen to him, he's just sabotaging your efforts to do the right thing!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Of course Satan wants you to do what makes you happy and do what you want. That's because he knows you want to eat that cake or big mall pretzel and you think it will make you happy. But don't listen to him, he's just sabotaging your efforts to do the right thing!

But he's the lord of the flies!
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options

I'll be happy when Im thin ^^.

K,thnx,bai
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I heard a story about ol' Beelzebub trying to talk someone into turning stones into bread just to go off his diet. Didn't work then, either.
  • camillehardeman
    Options
    What you all actually deserve is the body you want. Everything is fine in moderation, yes, but it comes down to a simple question. The junk food you want right now, or the body you've wanted all your life?
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    What you all actually deserve is the body you want. Everything is fine in moderation, yes, but it comes down to a simple question. The junk food you want right now, or the body you've wanted all your life?
    Love it!!!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I probably have a treat every day. Of course I limit it and make sure it fits my calories after I've made sure my fats/proteins are good but I make sure I can survive this *lifestyle change*. :D I appreciate your post because it makes me realize there are people out there who think the way I do!

Thanks Love!
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    dude you are by far the most amusing troll i've seen in a while. kudos!:bigsmile:
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    dude you are by far the most amusing troll i've seen in a while. kudos!:bigsmile:

agreed! This has been entertaining!!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    That's the most compelling argument for converting to Satanism that I've ever read.

It's almost too bad I'm an atheist.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    That's the most compelling argument for converting to Satanism that I've ever read.

It's almost too bad I'm an atheist.

I am a pastafarian. I get enough carbs to make me happy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: