Anyone else not using the app?

Options
asyouseefit
asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
Everyone seems to refer to the "MFP app" around here so I wondered if there were others like me who don't own a smartphone and are just using the site to track their food? There must be other technology "dinosaurs" out there!

(I'm going to buy a smartphone very soon, though... Belated birthday present!)

Replies

• kristielouisa
    kristielouisa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No smartphone here! Just the website, but I think it would be easier to have it on my phone and track it during the day than trying to remember everything at night, it takes ages to log everything!
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I should be "in" with the new technology based on my age (24) but I refuse to get a smart phone and be tied to my email all day !

It helps that I work at a desk and can log throughout the day though...
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I should be "in" with the new technology based on my age (24) but I refuse to get a smart phone and be tied to my email all day !

It helps that I work at a desk and can log throughout the day though...
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I don't have a smartphone so I'm not using it.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I have the app, but I primarily use the site. It's nice when I'm gone and can log my food from elsewhere, but when I'm near a computer, I always prefer it!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    My phone's like me, not smart. No apps. :grumble:
  • babykanguruh
    Options
    I have a 2 1/2 year old dumb phone so I'm definitely not using it!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I am website only since I currently have a non-web prepay piece o' junk cell phone. I've never been on to get the latest and greatest, but as my finances improve and I start traveling again it would be nice to have the app, so maybe in a couple months!
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    I primarily use the site through my iPad. The only thing I use the app for is the barcode scanner.
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just got the APP and love it way more than the WS. I go to the WS for forums, etc but for adding food and exercise, the app is way easier. Its well worth it
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Um my phone is pay as you go and doesn't have internet or anything. All you can do is text and make calls. That's it. And I use less than 100min a month combined texting and talking. So nope, no app for me! LOL
  • groovybeenz
    groovybeenz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I found the website when I was looking for an app to use on my phone to track calories. I used it on my phone for a couple months before I decided to check out the website and now I use both all the time.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I have Droid, so the app isn't probably as functional on it as I've heard it is on the iPhone. I use my computer at home or at work, and the phone comes in handy when I eat out.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    No smart phone for me so I only use the website.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Just the website for me!
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't even have a cell phone of any kind. Site only for me.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I JUST got a smartphone and installed the app... call me crazy, but I hate it. Would rather have JUST a phone, and use the computer for the internet... so I have used the app, but don't like it.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    i dont have a smartphone either cause I don't want to pay an extra 30 dollars a month! so i'm just a website user!
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    im site only! i hate smartphones...
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I stick to my personal computer at work for the forums, and durring work I also use the same computer for logging. Mainly because it is prohibited by state law at my work to introduce a cellphone into my particular type of work enviornment. It's considered "Contraband".

However once I set foot on the outside with real civilized folks, the iphone kicks into play and rocks my world. Unfortunately a little too much sometimes.