epic/iconic movies you're ashamed to admit you've NEVER seen

Options

Replies

• PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Watch Gangs of new York its brilliant. Daniel Day-Lewis is as good as actors get!

No kidding, he is awesome! Amazing in Last of the Mohicans (although I seriously can't watch the cliff scene because it's sooo sad!)

Love Daniel Day-Lewis in this movie, makes me wish I had a glass eye so I could tap a knife against it while making a point... He's a BAMF
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Lol!! I totally am so happy I'm not alone.... I haven't seen any movie basically that isn't a kids movie. When me and my husband go to the movie theater we deliberately go to the children's movies because we love the Pixar type stuff. Plus I cannot watch anything gory at all... I end up missing most of the movie lol. I also can say I have the WORST time when it comes to actor/actresses. When people say their names they go over my head... even famous music people. I just don't get the point in memorizing them all or obsessing over their lives. Really blows my mind what people can recall from random articles in the news. I don't even know politicians now that I think about it. Probably not a good thing but oh well! My life is good so I'm not changing a thing. =P
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Never watched the whole titanic movie.. just a part of it. >:o

I am ashamed that I have seen the whole thing... Granted I was 15 and was trying to impress a girl.

Lol! You picked the wrong girl! When it came out I absolutely refused to go see it!

Seems I've made habit of that ;)

Oh no! Lol
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options

although I am not ashamed to admit not having watched them.. are those even considered iconic/epic?
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I've never seen Hercules :(
    I'm in college, and all of my friends are appalled! I think this might be changing soon :D
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a star wars movie... for some reason i just can't watch them at all...
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Star Wars
    None of the aforementioned movies the thread creator listed----except Gone with the Wind
    Back to the Future---any of them.
    Any of the Rocky movies
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    Watch Gangs of new York its brilliant. Daniel Day-Lewis is as good as actors get!

No kidding, he is awesome! Amazing in Last of the Mohicans (although I seriously can't watch the cliff scene because it's sooo sad!)

Love Daniel Day-Lewis in this movie, makes me wish I had a glass eye so I could tap a knife against it while making a point... He's a BAMF

Agree!! Can't wait to see him play Abraham lincoln!! I bet it's gonna be a great pic!
  • missjelika
    missjelika Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ET
    Jurassic park
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Pulp Fiction
    Almost Famous
    Godfather Trilogy
    ...and I could kick myself because I've watched so much crap in my life, and never found time for these!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    To the poster above me: I normally hate movies like the Godfather, but the Godfather Parts 1 and 2 were absolutely amazing. Worth a watch in my book.
    The lion king!

Apparently this offends people! I get alot of abuse for it from my friends so that now I make a poin to deliberately not watch it :-)

hahaha i tried to avoid watching it too! but we had to watch it for class and write a paper on it so I was forced to watch it.
    I also forgot Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, never seen 'em.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    ET
    Jurassic park

Do yourself a favor and watch Jurassic Park, it's just fun!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    To the poster above me: I normally hate movies like the Godfather, but the Godfather Parts 1 and 2 were absolutely amazing. Worth a watch in my book.
    The lion king!

Apparently this offends people! I get alot of abuse for it from my friends so that now I make a poin to deliberately not watch it :-)

hahaha i tried to avoid watching it too! but we had to watch it for class and write a paper on it so I was forced to watch it.
    I also forgot Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, never seen 'em.

I have to admit, I'm a HUGE Disney fan here. Just suck it up and watch The Lion King, it's awesome!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    and I NEED to add Pulp Fiction to my list!
  • KatieJane83
    Options

although I am not ashamed to admit not having watched them.. are those even considered iconic/epic?

At this point I wouldn't consider supporting either one as iconic/epic even though Disney is going to be building an 'Avatar world' in Animal Kingdom (huge Disney fan here, and don't think I fully support this, lol).

I would say that Inception is an awesome movie though!
  • KatieJane83
    Options

And personally, I found Avatar way too preachy.
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am 27 and watched star wars for the first time last year. I think spike was running a marathon for some aniversay or something.

Epic movies I have not seen:
    Casa Blanca
    Scarface
    Gone with the wind
    Any of the godfathers
    Even those these are not 'movies' I have not seen a single episode of star trek or dr. who
    However the inner geek in me wants to see dr who lol
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Braveheart (90s version of Avatar)

negative. the 90's version of Avatar is Dances with Wolves.
    Yup, you're right. That's the one I meant. I haven't seen Dances with Wolves. I actually have seen Braveheart.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I thought of another one.

I've never seen ANY Marilyn Monroe movie!
  • sarah_boombah
    sarah_boombah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen The Little Mermaid. Apparently it's a classic for my age group!