Should I eat yougurt???

Options
13»

Replies

• bexominglex
    bexominglex Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    In terms of weight loss, sugar itself won't matter as long as you are burning more calories a day than taking in. However, processed sugars I try to avoid for other reasons, unrelated to weight loss. Also, I try to avoid (right now) starchy veggies and carbs in general, but I am on a specific type of diet right now. If you are worried about sugar because you think it will cause you to gain weight, just remember that in theory, you will lose weight if you burn more calories than spend. Also, you want to get enough nutrients from other foods to function well, and sugary foods tend to be high in calories for what you get. Good luck.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to eat yoghurt, don't eat yoghurt
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I eat Dannon Light and Fit. And while I know it's bad for me and filled with God-knows-what, I still eat one ocassionally. I'm more likely to die in a car accident than from eating some sweetened yogurt, so I'm okay with eating it for dessert every once in awhile.
    I also tried Greek yogurt after hearing it had SO much protein, but it was so thick it made me gag. I can't stand it.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    The yogurts I used to eat that had massive amounts of sugar were DOUBLE the calories which is why I said to find the ones lower in sugar because then the calories will be half as well. But bigger reason for me was just that the sugar yogurts tasted NASTY.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Can I just add that 1/2 cup of Greek plain yogurt has about 19grams of sugar and yummy yoplait has like 14grams?

In any case, what nutrition/item are you trying to get out of yogurt?

Yoplait has 3x as much sugar as protein. A good greek yogurt has about the same amount of both, or more protein than sugar. What do you think is the more important nutrient?