what things really help you lose weight? thanks

Options
2»

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    patience. I see alot of people that give up too quickly or get discouraged because the results are not comming quick enough or they don't hit their goal by certain date. etc etc...
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    NOT buying or making any unhealthy, fattening stuff since I cannot resist temptations! Right now I have a big portion of ginger breads baked way too early before Christmas - i am SOOOO doomed... ;-P
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I think in the long run not depriving myself of every food or particular food groups has proven to be the most effective way to consistently lose weight. I have found in the past I will start a diet, decide to exclude particular foods, feel deprived of them and end up going on binges. The key to success I think is treating this as a long term thing, being patient with weight loss and having a consistent deficit. Of course, eating healthily will help you achieve that, but I think when you completely deprive yourself it just makes it harder to lose in the long run. The other thing is portion control, I lost 80kg by simply dividing my meals in half. No tricks, just ate less!
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Eat home made meals. I never eat out or take out.
    And limiting refined sugars, refined starches, non-essential fatty acids and exercising 4-5 times a week . Drink lots of water.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    avoid fast food or food you cannot make and walk, exercise at least 5 days a week :) good luck hun! :)
  • Agean42
    Options
    Just follow the basic rules :

Eat Less

Exercise More

Drink Lots Of Water
  • Allersfera
    Options
    EATING HEALTHY all the way. and stretching
    I rarely had to move my *kitten*, just eating healthy, not even that much of calorie deficit if you're already in a healthy range.
    but since I love to move and exercise and sports, it was a plus. but really, healthy eating is a MUST.