What size are you now?

Options

Replies

• djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Funny you should post this topic. I went clothes shopping with my 19 year old daughter yesterday. As I came out of the dressing room with outfit after outfit my daughter asked, "Mom, do you like your clothes to fit baggy. Because everything you're trying on is too big." I hadn't realized it but due to my previous weight gain I had gotten into the habit of wearing loose fitting clothes (attempting to hide the bulges).

I ended buying a pair of "American Eagle" Jeans in a size 10 comfortably (if you know anything about this brand, you know they run small and have super low rise. I could never have worn these due to well A) they don't make a pair large enough and B) the low rise would have been below my overlapping belly fat ... gross, I know). I was so proud and my daughters boyfriend even exclaimed, " Look at your mom's belly! It's smaller than mine!" I also bought several shirts and sweaters in Medium (Previously squeezing into XL's) and was really on the verge of small (hence my daughter asking if I like my clothes to fit baggy). Again, I NEVER would have been able to fit into any of their LARGEST shirts!

I was feeling pretty good. It was hard to even put the jeans back on that I wore into the store to leave because they were so loose and sloppy fitting and I wore one of the sweaters out! Also, I am wearing my old jackets that I couldn't even pull around the front to zip up (so glad that I saved them)!!!

Hahah, that's awesome! Glad you shared :)
  • greenemoe
    greenemoe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I went from a 26/28 tops n pants.
    Now I am in most 18/20 tops n pants some 20 n 22.
    I have lost a total of 82lbs since Jan 2011.

Congrats to all!!!!:happy:
  • 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    Options
    16/18- 7/8 -Jeans
    XL- M -Tops
    16- 8 Dress size!!
    42G- 36D Bra!

Congrats to everyone!!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    went from tight 16/18 in pants to a loose 6 (haven't even tried on smaller yet.... I is a bit scared lol) and shirts I bought anywhere from a xl to a 3x, bra I went from a 36 dd / 38 d to a 34 c / 36 B (I hate that part) My feet actually fit into my shoes better as well!!! Hey and also went from a 9 to a 4/5 in panties WOOT!

Opps! I wear a size small in shirts now.... totally skipped over that!
  • Running2Life
    Options
    Pant size = 14 to an 8
    Dress size = 12 to a 9
  • sandislim
    Options
    I've gone from a uk size 24 to a size 14. Would love to get down to 8-10
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Top: XL or 2XL to a M
    Pants: a tight 18 to 8/9/10, depending on brand and style (jeans are a 9)
    Dress: 18/XL to a 12

Took about 18 months, have maintained these sizes for going on five years.
    Kaye
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Size 30 to a 25 in jeans
    Clothes size UK 12 to a 6-8
    In shirts, a 12 to whatever the smallest size is. I don't think we have such clearly defined sizes here in the UK as everywhere stops at a 6 or an 8. I am an 8 in most places here, but my US size 2 levis are on the big side for me now. I can't work out the size differences any more.
    Weight 155 ish (didn't weigh) to 125.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I love dropping sizes. I started at a 14 and L. I'm now wearing 8s or 10s and M. I've never worn a size 6, but the new sizes seem much larger, so I suspect that's where I'll end up.

Congratulations to all the rest of you losers!!! Ain't it great???!!!???!!!
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I was an American 14/16, now a 4/6 or (UK 18/20, now an 8/10)
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    jeans: from a 5 to a 3.
    tops: med to a small
    dress: 6 to a 4

:3
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Just got into 36 waist pants - heading for 32 all the way from 46 - it' feels GREAT!

I too have just dropped in to size 36. Came down from a size 44 in October last year. No better feeling than trying that first pair of 36 on and being able to button them up without breathing in!
    From August 2011 I've gone from a trouser waist size of 44" (M&S - stormwear stretch... 46" other stores) to a 38" (BHS - active-fit chinos)

In Shirts... this summer past I had bought a couple of XXXL shirts as most of my XXL were becoming tight. Now I can fit XL comfortably.

My goal for Xmas 2012 is to be a 34" waist and an L in shirts/tops.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!

I've gone from a UK 20/22 to a 14/16 I'm still wearing the odd 'baggy' item as I haven't bought too many clothes and am facing a dilemma over a college presentation evening.. my only dress is a size 18! :ohwell: Feels great to have to buy something but I can't really afford it.. I do have some smart tops that fit nicely so think i'll be going in trousers.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow seeing it all in sizes is so inspirational! As for me:

Jean size: 12 to 6 (half my old size! .. okay, I was really a 14 but only even bought 2 pairs of pants in that size, I was in denial)
    Dress size: 12 to 4
    Shirt size: L to S
    Shoe size: 9 to 8.5 (this one's just an added bonus!)

Edited to add...
    Ring size: 7 to 5 :blushing:
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Anyone want to share their success so far in fitting into new sizes? I think size is the most accurate depiction of a change in your body as opposed to weight.

I have gone from a size 30 (10) to a size 27 (4) in jeans.
    I have gone from a size M to size S in tops.
    I have gone from a size 8 dress to a size 4.

Good luck to everyone and I am looking forward to seeing some dramatic changes!

Did you just steal my stats? Mine are exactly the same :)
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    pants: size 22 to a size 2
    dress: over a size 20 to a size 4/6 now
    from xl/xxl to xs/s
    shoes: size 10 to size 8.5 or 9--except in running shoes where I'm still a 10

I'm 5' 8" tall.
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Went from a size 14 into a size 2. Have been maintaining that for almost 3 years now! All thanks to running :)

Amazing!!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    From a tight 16 in jeans to a loose 14 (and i just fit into size 31 jeans yesterday!!, thats like a 10/12)
    From a large in tee-shirts to a medium
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    pants: size 22 to a size 2
    dress: over a size 20 to a size 4/6 now
    from xl/xxl to xs/s
    shoes: size 10 to size 8.5 or 9--except in running shoes where I'm still a 10

I'm 5' 8" tall.

Amazing, Congrats!!!
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    In May I was a 50/32, now I'm in 34/34 pants. Somehow as I've lost weight I gained inches on my inseam! Shirts I went from a XXXL to a size Large. Feels fantastic! My original goal was 36 inch waist, not sure how much lower I'll go as I'm not at my goal weight yet!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!