My bodybugg results

Options

Replies

• pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have had a Bodybugg now for just 2 days and have many questions!

Is there a way to just enter the number of calories you have eaten without entering each food separately? I prefer to enter my calories consumed here on MFP--the food database on bodybugg seems very limited and I don't want to double track. I emailed the company but they haven't responded yet. Is it possible to just enter the total # of calories I ate? I hope so!

Another question: I heard the Bodybugg was supposed to tell you how well you sleep but I can't figure out how to get data on that. Is it really possible to do that with the BB?

Thank you!
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have had a Bodybugg now for just 2 days and have many questions!

Is there a way to just enter the number of calories you have eaten without entering each food separately? I prefer to enter my calories consumed here on MFP--the food database on bodybugg seems very limited and I don't want to double track. I emailed the company but they haven't responded yet. Is it possible to just enter the total # of calories I ate? I hope so!

Another question: I heard the Bodybugg was supposed to tell you how well you sleep but I can't figure out how to get data on that. Is it really possible to do that with the BB?

Thank you!
    Hi Pinkita,
    Here is what I do to log in food consumed on bodybugg. In the end of the day when I have already consumed all my food and logged in MFP I go to the bodybugg program and click on Calories Consumed tab. When the small window pops us I click on the Enter Nutrition Facts tab on the bottom right and custom create the food eaten for today. Like for name I write the date. Serving size 100 grams and then the total calories, carbs,protien, fats etc of the day copied from MFP and enter that. After that if they ask for nutrtion of other meals I click on skip or I haven't consumed this meal yet. If you have to edit the info you have entered you can do it by clicking on the meal that you have logged. It is a bit complicated like this but gets easier.
    About sleep then it's bodymedia fit that tells you how well you slept and not bodybugg. I went with bodybugg because I have very irregular sleep patterns with nightshifts and long work hours so I didn't want that added tension of knowing that I didn't sleep well.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Question for you...you said you work night shifts...if so do you log your foods from MN to MN...I do now that I have the bodybugg, but before getting the BB I logged my meals according to my sleep wake cycle...but since BB resets my cals at MN I am adjusting to logging them from MN to MN...I have had my BB for 7 days now...I maintained my current weight which is fine for me as I am learning to eat more cals and be more active on my off days. I too work 12 hour nights, so on those 3 days I have no problems meeting my calorie burned goals...but on my first day off I am very inactive and then the next 3-4 days I work out....So its taking some getting used to but I'm confident this is going to help me break this 3 month plateau....MFP doesnt have me eating enough...I'm convinced!!!

Thanx, Eurayna
  • inspiration345
    Options
    I mostly have day shifts.A night shift can come up once in a while in rare cases.I fortunately don't get hungry at night so I don' t eat any food at night.I eat what I need before and after the shift.I have had to work 24 hrs one day because of a hurricane and didn't even have any more food packed with me.That went
    fine.My nightshifts are very sedentary where I have to sit still near a respirator patient and help if needed.Its a total mental torture scenerio and burns just as little calories as sleeping.Not my favourite.
    If everything goes well I work 3 days a week 12 hrs each from 8 am to 8 pm.Those three days I have a 1000+cals deficit.Then ofcourse there is a very lazy day that follows where I eat around 300 cals more than I burned.Then I have a party/eat out day where I burn and eat the same and two more days where I have 500 cals deficit,so average is close to 500.I am hitting my 4 weeks mark on thursday and as the scale is looking now I will hit the 4 lbs loss with 500 cals deficit per week.I am glad that I am eating normal now average 2000 cals per day because I can see myself sticking to this forever.Of course if I hit my goal weight of 125 lbs I will burn less so I will have to rethink at that time.I think learnig to eat 1800-2000 cals a day is a good long term plan.Keep up with the bodybugg and the scale will definetly move within a month if you have a deficit.
  • inspiration345
    Options
    Four weeks update. Started at 150 lbs now 145.6 lbs. Loss 4.4 lbs
    Average calories burned 2640 cals
    Average calories eaten 2239 cals
    Diet composition Protein 20% Carb 48% Fats 32%

WOLCb.jpg
    inWww.png
    HwmL0.jpg
    rgQfI.jpg
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    How much does the BodyBugg cost? What is difference in that and other ones on market? (someone mentioned Body Media) What is monthly plan payment?
  • noeys
    noeys Posts: 56
    Options
    Im jealous you are having success with that. I had it for 3 weeks, then returned it. I followed the program, having 500-1000 calorie deficit every day, and I didnt lose a single pound. I do think my body is messed up though... I think I might need to eat really low cal to lose, or even eat low carb or something. I have hashimotos thyroiditus.
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just looked up Bodymedia Fit on Amazon and it doesn't look like it has a digital display...wouldn't that make the BodyBugg more desireable?
  • inspiration345
    Options
    I just looked up Bodymedia Fit on Amazon and it doesn't look like it has a digital display...wouldn't that make the BodyBugg more desireable?

I just looked for Bodymedia Fit digital display. I couldn't find any either. I am not sure if they have a digital display or not but the digital display does a lot to keep motivation up with minute to minute update as you burn calories in the course of the day. The Bodymedia Fit has the sleep monitoring function but the bodybugg is also worn during sleep and you can look at the spikes and dips in calories burned during sleep to see if you had a good sleep. I am one of those fortunate ones who sleeps very fast and very well when I hit my pillow at night but that's also because I am very active during the day.
  • inspiration345
    Options
    How much does the BodyBugg cost? What is difference in that and other ones on market? (someone mentioned Body Media) What is monthly plan payment?
    You can find them on ebay at all prices but I paid about 220 dollars for mine with the digital display. I think the bodybugg and the display is for sale for 150 dollars for three days at their official website http://my.apexfitness.com/index.php . You get 6 months subscription included with the purchase. After that subscription costs between 7-11 dollars a month depending on how you buy the subscription or if someone is computer savvy there are hacks to Free the bugg off subscription provided one owns the digital display.
    Since I don't live in USA I couldn't have bought it from the official site anyways and I am very happy that I had the possibility to own the bodybugg since they can not be sold in my country yet. Bodymedia is the company that makes bodybugg, bodyfitmedia and some other names I don't remember. Different prices, slightly different functions.
  • inspiration345
    Options
    Im jealous you are having success with that. I had it for 3 weeks, then returned it. I followed the program, having 500-1000 calorie deficit every day, and I didnt lose a single pound. I do think my body is messed up though... I think I might need to eat really low cal to lose, or even eat low carb or something. I have hashimotos thyroiditus.

Sad that you have a condition that prevents weight loss at regular intake. There are also people who can eat whatever and never gain weight. It's nice that you could get your bodybugg refunded. At least now you know for sure that you are different and the same rules don't apply for you as they do for most people. I wish you luck with your weight loss or maintenance so that you can keep things under control.
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options

I just looked for Bodymedia Fit digital display. I couldn't find any either. I am not sure if they have a digital display or not but the digital display does a lot to keep motivation up with minute to minute update as you burn calories in the course of the day. The Bodymedia Fit has the sleep monitoring function but the bodybugg is also worn during sleep and you can look at the spikes and dips in calories burned during sleep to see if you had a good sleep. I am one of those fortunate ones who sleeps very fast and very well when I hit my pillow at night but that's also because I am very active during the day.

Hmmm now I'm curious about how accurate the BB sleep monitoring is. I have an 18 mth old still in bed with me nursing multiple times throughout the night...I'd kill for a nice long, deep sleep!

And for me the digital display would be a MUST!
    Thanks for your help!
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am having a problem trying to create my custom foods...its keeps telling me nutritional info can not be entered cause my pro, carbs and fat exceed calories for the meal....I log my meals on MFP
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Speaking of digital display, I ordered and received one, but couldn't get it to turn on. I'm very unhappy with Bodybugg's customer service; they still have not responded to me about it and it's been almost one week since I contacted them!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    @ inspiration345- Just curious comparing your bodybugg to what MFP calculates your maintenance calories as, about how much difference was there on an average day? The reason I am asking is I have read that several people said the MFP calculations for maintenance are low and I believe they are low as well.
  • inspiration345
    Options
    @ inspiration345- Just curious comparing your bodybugg to what MFP calculates your maintenance calories as, about how much difference was there on an average day? The reason I am asking is I have read that several people said the MFP calculations for maintenance are low and I believe they are low as well.
    MFP calories for sedentary is accurate. For me it said 1700 total. On bodybugg on days when I don't do much other than cooking, washing dishes and personal care I hit 1800 so the sedentary numbers are spot on. It means you would burn that number if you were lying on couch or sleeping on bed all day and night. It only starts getting tricky when one starts moving around because there are many different calculators of estimating calories burned and non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT) is different from individual to individual. I think bodybugg is useful for active people and people who feel like they are starving eating too little and end up binging once in a while.
  • inspiration345
    Options
    Speaking of digital display, I ordered and received one, but couldn't get it to turn on. I'm very unhappy with Bodybugg's customer service; they still have not responded to me about it and it's been almost one week since I contacted them!
    DId you follow the manual guide?
    Wear your bodybugg on your arm and press mode and when it asks you to press the bodybugg button and they should synch.
    Otherwise press all 4 bottons on the display at the same time until it beeps and a weird number comes up. Press Mode now and it will ask you to press the bodybugg button.
    Follow page 26-27 of the bodybugg display manual. I really hope you will get it working.
  • inspiration345
    Options
    I am having a problem trying to create my custom foods...its keeps telling me nutritional info can not be entered cause my pro, carbs and fat exceed calories for the meal....I log my meals on MFP

Recalculate your carb, protein and fats on a calculator.
    Carbs and protein are 4 calories per gram
    and Fats is 9 calories per gram.
    For example:
    If you have eaten 100 grams of carbs it will be 400 calories
    100 grams of fats = 900 calories
    100 grams of protein = 400 calories
    Total 300 grams of nutrients 1700 calories.

Sorry I forgot that you are a nurse.I am sure you understand the problem. MFP is not necessarily accurate with nutrient information if it's customer created. If calories exceed nutrients then add on the nutrients instead of subtracting the total calories-that's what I do.
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the calories consumed log on their site. It is not very user friendly. I am going to continue to use MFP and keep a spreadsheet or something.
  • tinytubbs
    Options
    just sold one of our bodybuggs and am going to sell the other one....It isn't worth the money. The database they have for food is a joke. the mfp database is 1000 times better. the keeping track of your burned calories is cool but not worth the subscription you have to have to use the bodybugg. no offline way to use it either.