bad thing about MFP

Options
why does MFP only congratulate when you lose weight, even if you want to maintain or gain? :ohwell:

Replies

• TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Agreed. The focus is solely on losing weight.
    It'd be nice if we saw more weight-gain focused tools.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    totally. I do like the fact that MFP screams at people if they are below 1200 calories. however that is still a low number in my opinion :noway:

If you read the guidelines, they explicitly say they don't condone low calories.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • brownskindiva
    Options
    totally. I do like the fact that MFP screams at people if they are below 1200 calories. however that is still a low number in my opinion :noway:

If you read the guidelines, they explicitly say they don't condone low calories.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

1200 is a very low number. I weigh about 240 lbs right now and to lose 2 lbs a week Id be down to almost 1200 so I am not sure how that is possible, I'd be hungry and then I can't go lower than 1200 due to the warning of starvation mode so I think it should be lifted or adjusted per each person's weight/goal
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different. I often eat less then 1200 calories and I am not hungry for more.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    yes!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    the creator of fitness pal made a spelling mistake.... he ment my weightloss pal...
  • jennajava
    Options
    the creator of fitness pal made a spelling mistake.... he ment my weightloss pal...

let's not get rude.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    why does MFP only congratulate when you lose weight, even if you want to maintain or gain? :ohwell:

Even though my goal is to lose on here, I agree with you... I never log a gain on here because when I lose the same pounds for the second time it congratulates me. I don't want to be cheered on for losing the same stinking pounds twice! I think there should be different settings like if we want to be cheered for gaining, or losing.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I just recently recorded a gain, and was expecting a comment! "Hey lardass get back on the wagon..." That's what I need, but it wasn't there! LOL
  • EuroDriver12
    Options

let's not get rude.

not rude lol its true story haha i got yelled at because i posted something about "bulking"
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I just recently recorded a gain, and was expecting a comment! "Hey lardass get back on the wagon..." That's what I need, but it wasn't there! LOL
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ptrain987
    Options
    i don't like that if u miss a day of logging in your accumlated days start back at 0! so even though i've been on MFP since 09/19/11 my days are at 1 because i didn't log on yesterday lol
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    i don't like that if u miss a day of logging in your accumlated days start back at 0! so even though i've been on MFP since 09/19/11 my days are at 1 because i didn't log on yesterday lol

lol same here
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

^^^^We need something like this to keep us accountable....
  • jennajava
    Options

^^^^We need something like this to keep us accountable....

Agreed!
  • javajunkee
    Options
    I don't feel right in complaining about a website that is FREE. If I didn't like enough, I would use another free calorie counting site. JMO.
  • 5starshelly
    5starshelly Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ohh. I DO like that. I think you have to log every day to stay accountable. Missing a day......you could have had 3000 calories yesterday and if you don't log you somehow don't have to own that. I also like that it busts you out to all your friends if you don't log in for three days.
  • jennajava
    Options
    I don't feel right in complaining about a website that is FREE. If I didn't like enough, I would use another free calorie counting site. JMO.

This is true. But they do ask for constructive (not rude like some of the responses) feedback.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it but I would like to see it being tweaked.

So if you're here to lose weight then congratulate me when I lose and use something like 'Opps! Try again!' when I gain.
    If you're here to gain then do the reverse.

I think we also need more tickers for other things than just weight loss.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Good idea. A setting for "weight Loss", "Maintenance" and "Weight Gain" with congratulatory status updates to celebrate your goals would be handy.

I would suggest suggesting this here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/13-website-suggestions-feedback