reducing belly flub

Options
2»

Replies

• trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    People are undoubtably going to post in here giving you miracle cures to belly flab: eat 12 bananas a day while doing situps in a chicken costume and listening to motivational speeches backwards.....:yawn:

It's all crap! Keep doing what you are doing and eventually all will sort itself out :wink:

You mean the chicken costume doesn't work. Well hell!!!

I sure hope I can get a refund on the chicken costume! Damn the luck!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    can't spot reduce, just maintain a consistent caloric deficit and it will eventually be lost

Look at his abs, i would do whatever he says
    haha imma have to agree lol
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    This is correct. I have lost 160 pounds and pretty much the only area left with fat is the belly. Oh well, it keeps getting smaller. Eventually it will be gone....I hope. lol
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    can't spot reduce, just maintain a consistent caloric deficit and it will eventually be lost

What he said.

Also, Abs are made in the kitchen
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

What he said.

Also, Abs are made in the kitchen

Look at her! I would listen to her too
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Apparently-- my unclean eating, though on a deficit, has hampered my ability to get rid of the remaining lower belly and skin fat layer.

You misunderstood. The deficit was key. Thus, you made them in the kitchen ;-) (and you look fantastic of course!)
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I now believe in beer guts! I love drinking good beer; as in porters, stouts, IPA's.. the stuff you don't find in typical restaurants and small bars. I gained my 15 lbs from beer and the food that went along with it and it seems my gut is where all the weight went. I have also "heard from someone that heard from their DR" aspartame causes belly fat, or at least makes it harder to lose belly fat. Is this true? Most 0 calorie flavor waters or packets have this in it. If that is hindering some of the belly loss I will nix that in no time.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    personally zumba has worked for me. ive dropped 20 pounds and went from a size 14 to 4 doing it and some of my belly is still there, ive had a child so that seems to want to stick around, but a lot of it is gone.
  • nukehiker
    Options
    Like everyone else has said " great abs are made in the kitchen" that meaning look at your diet. how much processed foods are you consuming ? sodas, beer cereals etc you get the idea. maintain a well balanced diet fruits, veggies lean proteins and a good work out plan. I personally have done P90X and I am half way through Insanity. it's not an easy road, put in the hard work and there will be lots of rewards ! I started at 228 wearing size 38 jeans at the start of the year. now i wear a size 34 ( think i could get into some 33's though ) and I weigh 196. good luck and like the others have said you can't spot reduce.
  • tshahady
    tshahady Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    it's cardio and nutrition Jillian. EAT a clean diet - cut out all the processed crap - sugars, bad carbs = If it's white, it ain't right.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Dropping wheat helped me.. mines shrunk 12" and down 2 stone (28lbs)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Abs are MADE in the gym.

Abs are REVEALED in the kitchen. :)
  • fireant777
    Options
    how much of a calorie deficit should it be? i eat close to 1700 calories a day, maybe more, and my tummy is definitely my trouble area..
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options

I am looking! I am looking! I am soooooo looking at his abs! Now... what was the question??
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio
  • dougswife
    Options
    Spanks! :):wink:
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I am looking! I am looking! I am soooooo looking at his abs! Now... what was the question??

HA! love this ... seriously, what WAS the question? :)
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

This made me spit out my food I laughed so hard....maybe that is a good way to diet