single and shaving??

Replies

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Let me guess, 99% of the "Eeew, hair is unnatural and it makes me want to vomit" crowd are American. *rolls eyes*

Well actually, men who want their women to look the same as they did before puberty hit them make me want to vomit. As do women who have been brainwashed into thinking it's somehow wrong to look like a woman.

Keep your barbie doll looks, I'm staying normal. Yes, shave if YOU want to, I do shave some places sometimes, but not because my man cannot handle the fact that he's got an actual *gasp* woman on his hands.

My thoughts exactly - and I'm American (but I'm sure a lot of those comments ARE from American women/men).

And to AZ: the vomit comments about going natural are uncalled for as well - natural/trimmed/etc aren't gross and dirty. Different values/cultural traditions.
  • bill_i_am
    bill_i_am Posts: 180 Member
    my opinion is - well done ladies :-)

and yes, the carpet matches the drapes ;)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    Interesting, no popcorn in my desk drawer. I used to shave less in the winter, when I was heavier, it was as good as an excuse as any to avoid bending/stooping etc. But once I started getting fit, I went back to keeping my legs and underarms nice and smooth. As for lady parts, I mix it up, bare sometimes, trimmed sometimes. DH likes it both ways. By the way, I like my men to be realitive natural please. (Just me) ;-)

to OP - same in summer and winter! Haven't been single in a long time, but don't expect I would change anything, I didn't between husbands.
  • THIS MADE ME LAUGH HARD!!!!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    As for hygiene, body hair can be cleaned easily, just like the hair on your head :wink:

thanks for your comments.............

Fortunately, the hair on my head doesn't get exposed to the same elements throughout the day LOL

LOL.............you're right about that, except for the occasional swirly :wink: :devil: :wink: :devil:
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Ewww, is this just an American thing? bikini line and keeping things tidy is a given, but why do grown women want to look pre pubescent?

i'm inclined to agree! i've done it all. hippie style, brazilian, and everywhere in between!

Me too! Being a Mom sometimes I feel like shaving off everything is weird.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Let me guess, 99% of the "Eeew, hair is unnatural and it makes me want to vomit" crowd are American. *rolls eyes*

Well actually, men who want their women to look the same as they did before puberty hit them make me want to vomit. As do women who have been brainwashed into thinking it's somehow wrong to look like a woman.

Keep your barbie doll looks, I'm staying normal. Yes, shave if YOU want to, I do shave some places sometimes, but not because my man cannot handle the fact that he's got an actual *gasp* woman on his hands.

It's not brainwashing. I'm a 25-year-old WOMAN, and I LOOK like a woman. Just like I'm sure YOU look like a woman. EVERYONE looks different. Here's just one more thing that makes everyone look "different." Who cares? Calling it "barbie doll looks" is just flat-out condescending, as is assuming that only REAL women keep hair in that area, as well as "they must be American." I'm pretty sure I know some British and European and Middle-Eastern and African and Spanish women who do that same, not just American women. And like AZTrailRunner said--that's not even remotely what the OP wanted to know. Why so negative?

As for men, I can't speak for men, but a lot of guys prefer it not for just for the looks, but the feel--I know the few times I've "let it go" for longer than usual, my boyfriend says it's physically irritating to his skin, and I know other men who have felt that way, as well. It's also irritating on my own skin.
  • rileamoyer
    As for hygiene, body hair can be cleaned easily, just like the hair on your head :wink:

thanks for your comments.............

Fortunately, the hair on my head doesn't get exposed to the same elements throughout the day LOL

LOL.............you're right about that, except for the occasional swirly :wink: :devil: :wink: :devil:

lMAO
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    <rant>
    Why come on here and cast dispersions on those that do.

Oh, come on... I think the dispersions are being cast in both directions. Let's be fair here:

"I'm not into the tribal thing."

"Won't your singleness last longer if you go out looking like a sasquatch? "

"You know what grosses me out? That sweaty vagina smell from the pubes after a hard run."

"No one wants to see this!!!!" (accompanied by photos of Buckwheat and a spider-web covered plant)

"Hair anywhere but on a woman's head should be illegal!"

There is nothing tribal, sasquatchy, dirty, smelly, illegal about having a natural woman's body with it's naturally occurring hair. It's OK for people to have personal preferences for grooming, right? If all these things above can be said about women who go natural, why is it wrong for someone to say they don't like the bare look because it appears pre-pubescent?
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    You TELL 'em, Upearly!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Ewww, is this just an American thing? bikini line and keeping things tidy is a given, but why do grown women want to look pre pubescent?

I thought the same thing. I'm american, but I spent most of my life in europe...hair is... Well, hair is normal. Keeping tidy, yes, is a good thing but... I don't think hair should be looked down upon. :blushing:
  • Laura_Ivy
    You know what I really want to know? When did shaving 'down there' become the normal thing to do? I friggin' loathe shaving but do it anyways but I really wish the au naturale would go back into style. I HATE razor burn!

Maybe you're dating the wrong type of guy.

I'm married and he's definitely the right type of man for me. He could care less if it's shaved or not. Among my circle of friends/sister they all shave. I had a time of life where I had dreads and I didn't shave for two years so I've been on both extremes. So,I don't need someone telling me on a message board what's right or wrong for me. :) Good lookin' out though!
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member

It turns out that the guys like it, and from what I've heard, "IT" gets more attention when it's smooth.

LOL. this is hilarious.. and quite possibly true. To answer the question, I think it is a universal thing for both men and women...
  • I learned very early on that I hated pubes on girls. Logic said they'd feel the same way so I keep my gear maintained regardless of relationship status. Always have, always will. Being an ex swimmer I have more issues drawing the line the other way around. :tongue:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Yes there is some mud slinging in both directions....

I do what I like for me for my reasons - I personally think hair is icky - on ME. But to throw insults and say it makes you look like barbie, or adolescent, and say men who like it have issues - is unnecessary, and the fact is, you have no idea how I look.

Grow a bush! Trim a tree - do whatever - I don't care, I will never ever see it! Unless it's hanging out of your bathing suit - which I have seen.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    I hate to admit my habits changed. That being said not being f**k ready has kept me from having fun. I didn't learn though. It's like shopping - when you have the money you can't find anything to buy.........when you are f**k ready you won't find any hot guys!

I'd like to add that being "any kind of" ready, for me at least, means being relaxed, feeling safe and cared about and, quite honestly, interested. My hair status has never once come to mind. To my mind if you're thinking about your own hair - you're not ready.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    <rant>
    Why come on here and cast dispersions on those that do.
    Casting dispersions... Hilarious!

Do what you want with your pubes, I don't want mine "dispersed" :bigsmile:
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member

I do what I like for me for my reasons - I personally think hair is icky - on ME. But to throw insults and say it makes you look like barbie, or adolescent, and say men who like it have issues - is unnecessary, and the fact is, you have no idea how I look.

Grow a bush! Trim a tree - do whatever - I don't care, I will never ever see it! Unless it's hanging out of your bathing suit - which I have seen.

Which is just all around NASTY. :laugh:
  • rileamoyer
    I find it a turn off when men engage in too much grooming - it seems unmasculine. I'd rather him pick up the check than pick at his pubes.

Years ago the whole side of our office building was treated several times a week to a full view of a man trimming himself in front of his 5th floor apt window (morning sun helped his vision?). You could always feel the building tilt those days LOL
  • Laura_Ivy

:laugh: I've seen that too...it's very unsightly!
This discussion has been closed.