Hi new friends!

Options
Hello everyone....so glad my hubby told me about this site, it really does open my eyes to what I need to change!! Seems like a great community, and I need the extra support!! At 35, I've been struggling with losing weight for about 2 years now.

My main issue with dieting is that I tend to eat late at night....so hard for me to break that habit!! Maybe I should stop watching Food Network at night..ha! I do pretty well during the day....I'm not much of a snacker and don't eat many sweets at all. My family and I eat dinner around 6 or so (with a son in baseball it's sometimes even earlier) and by 8-9pm I'm hungry again! Any suggestions?

Thanks and look forward to making new friends! :)

Michelle

Replies

• missy1828
    missy1828 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello everyone....so glad my hubby told me about this site, it really does open my eyes to what I need to change!! Seems like a great community, and I need the extra support!! At 35, I've been struggling with losing weight for about 2 years now.

My main issue with dieting is that I tend to eat late at night....so hard for me to break that habit!! Maybe I should stop watching Food Network at night..ha! I do pretty well during the day....I'm not much of a snacker and don't eat many sweets at all. My family and I eat dinner around 6 or so (with a son in baseball it's sometimes even earlier) and by 8-9pm I'm hungry again! Any suggestions?

Thanks and look forward to making new friends! :)

Michelle
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    HI! :flowerforyou:

I also am guilty of watching food network late at night so don't feel bad. If you MUST snack (as I sometimes do) I'll eat light popcorn, cheese, hummus or a piece of fruit. It doesn't taste as good as the food on tv looks but it suffices. It's a bad habit to break (believe me I know) but IT IS POSSIBLE! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY!:smile:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi Missy,
    Welcome to MFP!
    Eating at night is my biggest problem too. I find myself snacking while watching tv.
    Although recently I have had to eat dinner late so I haven't been snacking much, although I don't think this is the best solution to deal with my snacking.
  • bj8331
    bj8331 Posts: 9
    Options
    If you have to eat late at night try eating fruit. I was also a late night eater. I always went for the chocolate chip cookies & ice cream. Then I started eating fruit now I've gotten myself use to not eating after 7 pm. I hope this helps you have to start with baby steps. I promise it does get easier. Good Luck!!
  • missy1828
    missy1828 Posts: 3
    Options
    I appreciate all of your suggestions....thank you SO much!! What a great community!! :)