what do you leave for santa?

Options

Replies

• Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    A few salmon fillets, a handful of almonds, and some brussel sprouts...Gotta keep his diet in check while he's on the road.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    PS- If you were my kiddo and you questioned why the beer can was returned to the fridge, I would have told you Santa had been given 1 too many beers for his safe sleigh riding plans.
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    We left cookies and milk when I was a kid and I did that with my kids and we also sprinkled "reindeer" food on the front yard which was oatmeal and glitter..lol!

Now I wish someone would leave some green stuff for Santa since I am him!

What do you mean you're Santa!! I've always left cookies and milk... This year prob. little gingerbread cookies that i'll make with my 3 year old. :-) reindeer food sounds like a great idea too!
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    beer for santa and carrots for the reindeer....dad would drink the beer, then nibble on the end of the carrots so it looked like reindeer had eaten them
  • catattack13
    Options
    baklava. that's normal, right??
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Bud Light & venison jerky :laugh: :drinker: :laugh: :drinker::laugh: :drinker::laugh: :drinker:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    When we were kids, my sister and I would leave eggnog and mince pies. I think the idea was just to get rid of the eggnog (YUK), but the mince pies? I don't know why I didn't eat those for Santa! Delicious!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Who cares if it's normal? It's fantastic!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    beer for santa and carrots for the reindeer....dad would drink the beer, then nibble on the end of the carrots so it looked like reindeer had eaten them

i never understood this. why would the reindeer be inside the house? and if you took them up to the roof, then why would santa bring the uneaten pieces back?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Holy Cannoli! YUM!
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    when i was a kid, my dad used to leave a beer for santa. he would tell my brother and i that he was working hard, and could use a break. we didn't leave milk and cookies, or carrots for the reindeer.

i figured out my parents were santa when i counted the beers in the fridge the night before, and that same beer was back in the fridge in the morning.
    wouldnt of worked at our house...my dad would of drank that sucker! Maybe my kids should leave a 6 pack on the table for santa!! lol "he" would enjoy it very much.
  • interceptor0011
    Options
    Fried Chicken LOL
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    just cookies and milk. Boring.

Maybe I'll start some eccentric tradition lol
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options

i never understood this. why would the reindeer be inside the house? and if you took them up to the roof, then why would santa bring the uneaten pieces back?

we live in the country & we always have goat kids in the house, so my kids wouldn't question a reindeer...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

I have noo idea, but we used to get soo excited
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    A ginger bread house...and a glass bottle of Coca Cola ~ its Santa Classic !!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

I think this would make Santa give you better presents.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    We would alternate as kids.. Rum & Coke and Tim Tams one year and the next Beer and Rum Balls. Funnily enough I remember my parents arguing over which year it was *ponder* :p

Now we leave out some milk and some wrapped chockies or something for Santa, he half drinks the milk and leaves his wrappers lying about, lazy sod. And the reindeers leave grated carrot all over the landing and kick over their water buckets. *heavy sigh*
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    we always did milk and cookies. I would leave carrots for the reindeer. The milk would always be mostly drank, with cookie crumbs on the plate. The carrots would just be gone completely (as Santa would take those up to the roof in his pocket)
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    We always left beer and a roast beef sandwich. My grandfather told us Santa got tired of cookies and milk.