What's your frame/build? I'm 5'3"and...

Options

Replies

• spacedebris
    Options
    I really don't know about small frame/big frame.
    I have always been large in the shoulders, tall in size, big build, etc.
    When I was in my 30's things got really out of hand and with weightwatchers I lost some 20 kgs.
    Now in my 60's, again it has slowly been building up, and I shouldn't really care if it wasn't for the fact that my wife is 15 years younger and I have all these beaut shirts and suits in the wardrobe that don't fit me anymore.
    So what is there to prove?
    I guess it all boils down to being able to tie your shoelaces without too much of an effort !!!!!
  • maggot09
    Options
    Hi there im 5'6" and 158.16 Ibs
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I'm 5ft2, medium frame and weigh 151lbs. My goal weight is 129lb (ultimately 126lb)
    :smile:
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/bodyFrame.php

do you think this link is accurate?
    I would've said I was at least a medium build.. but according to this I'm SMALL??
  • sarabunny18
    sarabunny18 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8" and 125 lbs
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    Im 5'3 and I had always been fat... My family just said I had "big bones" bur I always knew that was just an excuse. I measured my frame size and it medium sized bordering on small.

Here is a table: http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html

But I coud just tell because at 160, my 5'1 friend had the tiniest wrists compared to me at 5'3 and 150.

I went down to 118 and it looked very good on me but I still had a lot of extra fat imy thighs and some in my tummy. I have gone up to 125 recently (not voluntarily, lol) and although it looks ok... It is really NOT a weight I am comfortable with and I know I will be a lot happier if I can get down to 110. I think it suits my frame and accordig to body fat calculator it is the ideal weight for me to have ~18% body fat :)
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    Oops doble post
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    I'm 5' 5", 120 lbs & I wear a size 4. I'm small framed but have long legs, so people always think I'm taller than I am. I have narrow shoulders and small wrists, but carry any extra weight in my midsection.

Hope that helps!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    5'5...medium frame....127.4lbs......BMI 21.2....all thanks to MFP!!

Sue :smile: x
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    5"6 1/2 medium frame :) currently 69.4 aiming for 63 and tone!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm a small frame. 5' with a 5" wrist circumference. I don't talk about weight/fat loss because my family/friends scoff that I am "tiny" because I am short. My excess weight is mainly in my thighs and upper arms. The fat around my waist is leaving first!! I don't really know what weight I'm shooting for, since I want to be fit more than light, but I think there are about 8-9 lbs of excess fat to come off.
  • Amberly10
    Amberly10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and currently 149lbs. I have a small frame, before getting pregnant with my 4th child I was 105lbs. I carry most of my weight in my legs and behind but am also carrying some in my belly, back and arms. I started out at 154lbs and my first goal weight is 144 by Feb. (I feel like I will def. lose more by then but don't want to set myself up for disappointment, thus the small goal) I don't care if I ever make it to 105lbs again but I would like to be atleast 120lbs by my anniversary in June.
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am 11.5 inches tall and weight 1.2lbs. I was involved in a shrinking accident and now live in a dollhouse. Trying to get down to 15 ounces. My ken doll clothes are tight on me.

Seriously, 5'11" and I fluctuate between 175-200lbs. Trying to get down to 165lbs and staying there.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    My doctor even says I have a large frame.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    One easy way to determine your body frame size is to wrap your thumb and major fingers around the smallest part of your wrist.

If your fingers overlap, an estimate for your frame size is a small frame.
    If your fingers just touch, an esimate of your frame is a medium frame.
    If your fingers do not touch, an estimate for your frame is a large frame.

According to these guidelines I am a large frame.
  • cameralinds
    Options
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this, and I don't feel like going through the comments, but a good rule of thumb when judging frame size is to take your middle finger and thumb and wrap it around your wrist. If the two fingers overlap, you have a small frame. If the two fingers touch, you have a medium frame. If the two fingers don't touch, you have a larger frame.

I'm 5' and 133. I have a medium frame, so my goal is to be around 119.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    One easy way to determine your body frame size is to wrap your thumb and major fingers around the smallest part of your wrist.

If your fingers overlap, an estimate for your frame size is a small frame.
    If your fingers just touch, an esimate of your frame is a medium frame.
    If your fingers do not touch, an estimate for your frame is a large frame.

According to these guidelines I am a large frame.
    Even my pinky & thumb overlap...I have a very tiny frame.

So what's that mean, I can afford to carry even less weight?
  • crazedcujo
    crazedcujo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm a little compact dude at 5' 4" with a medium frame - back in June I was 177 lbs, down to 147 lbs currently - my goal weight is about 135 to see that six pack.
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and a larger build girl. When I lost all my weight a few years back, I weighed in the neighborhood of 165-175 lbs and as heavy as that sounds, that was an excellent size for me, and I looked very healthy. Right now I'm in between 5'6-5'7 and I weigh 286. Which is nothing compared to my after pregnancy weight (which I lost before returning to MyFitnessPal) which was 340!
  • redbird99
    redbird99 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Your frame is the size of your boney frame, not the flesh attached. Here are some charts for men and women that use either wrist circumference or elbow breadth to tell.

http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html

"In order to refine and define theoretical weights, researchers added frame size as a factor. The sizes are categorized into three categories:- Small frame, medium frame and large frame. The reason for this is that obviously bone structures vary in size and density from person to person. Equally obviously men and women have different structures. Bone mass and muscle mass all play a part in determining your optimal weight."