Attention Emergency Response Personnel Bashers!

Options

Replies

• cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    hahaha...isnt that the truth !!! ( Interceptor00)
  • JasonGinMI
    JasonGinMI Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am a Police Officer and find it funny how a lot of people bash the Police until you actually need them and they are your best friend.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Of course they aren't all angels. They're human.

Most people I know who complain about cops do so because they got caught (speeding or whatever).
    If you get caught doing something wrong place the blame where it belongs, on yourself.
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It is so unfortunate that some have had negative encounters with law enforcement. Yes, there are bad ppl everywhere but we must make a point to make these ppl aware of thru the proper channels. The majority of officers are great ppl who are doing a job and putting their life on the line daily for their communities. We as citizens need to be proactive and support our Public Safety personnel to combat having "bad" cops etc in place. You have a voice, use it! but in the proper way! Go to your local representatives and make your concerns known!!!!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Reminded me of these muppets too: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-477256/Woman-tells-999-operator-Help-Im-scared-spiders.html

I'd love the hear the recording of the responses to these calls ;-)
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    Or maybe the police officer laughed and dismissed a statutory rape case, believing the abuser more than the victim who was later serially abused by the same abuser.

Seriously though, some people are bad, some people are good. You can't just pretend every police officer/firefighter/emt is a good person. Feel free to respect them the same way you should anyone else unless given a good reason, though.

I don't know what it's like where you live if you don't live in the UK, but over here the Police collect the evidence and the Crown Prosecution Service are the ones who decide who to believe and who the jury is likely to believe. If it's one word against another and both the victim and the offender are both of good character - with no previous convictions - then it would be very hard without any physical evidence or corroborative witnesses to "prove beyond reasonable doubt" that the offence did indeed take place, hence why a lot of time the Crown Prosecution Service will not proceed to Court and will dismiss the case. The Police themselves don't make that decision unless there is glaring evidence that the victim is lying.

Police often get blamed for people not gettting justice, but it's actually nothing to do with their failings. Not being able to put scum in front and of a judge and jury hurts each officer just like it hurts the victims they collect evidence on behalf of.

If this happened to you or someone you know, then I am very sorry for that. Some people do indeed slip through the net and get into a job they shouldn't be in, but the majority do a good job and do it because they care. Some cared when they joined the job and had the care beaten out of them with the politics, red tape, "more for less", etc. as the years went by, so some people out there can thank their governments for letting down a Police Officer who then in turn let them down.

Keep up the good work, Emergency Services. And if you smell a rat amongst you, squirrel them out!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I'm a firefighter/paramedic and work with police officers all the time. People have their personalities and some are good and some are bad. But when it comes to doing our job, we do it with everything we got. I also admire teachers, I love how you are shaping the minds of our children.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Yes, but some cops are indeed jerks - bullies in fact, hiding behind their badges.
    One such wanna-be tough thought flashing his badge off duty would keep me from collecting a debt some crumb owed.
    NOT!
    He blustered, got loud, made threats before my fist snapped back his head.
    Bullies never expect people just might stand up to them. SURPRISE!

Anyway, I do remain grateful for the service of the aforementioned folks, but their good work does not excuse the few who misuse their authority. I know one guy who'll think twice next time.

I arrested someone who did just that. Noone hates bad cops more than the good ones.

Usually, I give a wide berth to a cop; they're human too.
    I've always been very co-operative and respectful.

I like the local guys more than the feds.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Yes, but some cops are indeed jerks - bullies in fact, hiding behind their badges.
    One such wanna-be tough thought flashing his badge off duty would keep me from collecting a debt some crumb owed.
    NOT!

Anyway, I do remain grateful for the service of the aforementioned folks, but their good work does not excuse the few who misuse their authority. I know one guy who'll think twice next time.

I arrested someone who did just that. Noone hates bad cops more than the good ones.

Do you play bad cop? :bigsmile:
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    How about that police officer that handcuffed me and refused to believe I was being abused? I had marks and still he didn't believe it. He threatened to bring me to JAIL because I passed out on him because of my medical condition. Those are some of the types we have working for us. I'm sorry but I don't like your post.

I'm sure he had his reasons which he justified, if not, he would now be out of a job as I'm sure you lodged a complaint, did you not?

Or perhaps this Officer WAS a complete jerk who shouldn't be in the job. Does that mean that the rest of Police officers and Emergency Services personnel cannot be commended in this post?
  • interceptor0011
    Options
    NOT!

Do you play bad cop? :bigsmile:

LOL. depends on the situation.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    How about that police officer that handcuffed me and refused to believe I was being abused? I had marks and still he didn't believe it. He threatened to bring me to JAIL because I passed out on him because of my medical condition. Those are some of the types we have working for us. I'm sorry but I don't like your post.

I'm sure he had his reasons which he justified, if not, he would now be out of a job as I'm sure you lodged a complaint, did you not?

Or perhaps this Officer WAS a complete jerk who shouldn't be in the job. Does that mean that the rest of Police officers and Emergency Services personnel cannot be commended in this post?

This is true. That would be like saying, "I found a rotten apple. Therefore, all apples are rotten and I will never eat them." Logic doesn't compute...
  • REBEE17
    REBEE17 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My Fiance and a bunch of family and friends are VOLUNTEER firefighters and VOLUNTEER EMT's.

Thank you for your post.

And thank you to all firefighter, EMT and Police officers on MFP!
  • snowfox92
    snowfox92 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I didn't bother to lodge a complaint. Half the police officers in the area are like that. Doesn't matter anymore. He was only there based on lies someone spread about me. So I got slapped in handcuffs. Great day that one was. Not.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I am a Police Officer and find it funny how a lot of people bash the Police until you actually need them and they are your best friend.

EXACTLY!
    Which brings me to this:
    thMINE-8.jpg
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love your post and you are right, so often these folks do not get the thanks they deserve; of course there are some rotten apples out there, but that's true in any profession...focus on the good and be thankful that these people are out there doing what they do to keep us safe. THANK YOU TO ALL EMERGENCY RESPONDERS, INCLUDING THE LINEMAN!
    Merry Christmas!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Reminded me of these muppets too: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-477256/Woman-tells-999-operator-Help-Im-scared-spiders.html

I'd love the hear the recording of the responses to these calls ;-)
    And if you remember there was a woman last winter who called 999 to report a stolen snowman because they had used some tea-spoons as arms!!! :noway: :explode:

I have the utmost respect for our emergency/military service personnel :flowerforyou:
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    I didn't bother to lodge a complaint. Half the police officers in the area are like that. Doesn't matter anymore. He was only there based on lies someone spread about me. So I got slapped in handcuffs. Great day that one was. Not.

Aha! And therein lies his justification. I reckon the scenario went a little bit like this:

1. Someone phones the Police and lies saying you've committed an offence
    2. Officer arrives at your home to investigate/arrest you and tells you of the allegation.
    3. You freak out and go totally nuts (with good reason)
    4. Police officer has had this happen to him before and ended up getting put in hospital, so slaps some cuffs on to protect you both whilst he attempts to calm you down.
    5. You continue to freak out and protest your innocence and show him marks you have on your body from that lying scumbag who has just made a false allegation about you.
    6. You pass out legitimately and the officer thinks you're faking it, because the last 99 people who did that WERE faking it.
    7. Both of you brand each other as complete and utter losers.

OR, he was just an a**eshole who shouted at you and treated you like dirt from the minute you opened the door to him.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    To the handful of people complaining in this thread about their experiences with bad police officers: police officers aren't robots, they're people. Just like with any occupation, there is always the bad one. It doesn't mean that all the rest are the same.

Harold Shipman was an English doctor. He was convicted of murdering 15 of his patients. It's suspected though that he was responsible for the death of over 200 of his patients. Does that mean then that every doctor in the world is murdering their patients because he was doing it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Shipman
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    That police officer that you called a jerk for writing you a ticket, just spent 3 hours on the scene of a wreck where a drunk driver killed a family of four. Those firefighters that you're pissed at for shutting down the road, just pulled a grandfather out of a burning house. Those paramedics and EMT's that you think are driving too fast, are doing CPR on a two year old that didn't make it. They work hurt, sick, hungry, and tired. They are continuously asked to do more with less and they do it with a smile on their face. Why? Because they love what they do but most importantly, because they care. Think about that before you bash your public safety members. They are here for you and never once ask for a thank you.
    So to all the Police Officers, EMTs, Firefighters and ER Personnel, THANK YOU! :flowerforyou:

I was going to ask who the hell would bash emergency response personnel???? THANK YOU for your tireless, thankless work.

I get just as mad as anyone when I get a ticket, but I don't take it out on the officer. I was in the wrong and he is doing his job. You should always be polite to someone who would stand in front of you and protect you from a bullet.