Down and Out and feeling really un Motivated..:(

Options
2»

Replies

• NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    The moments you feel most unmotivated are the moments you should get up and do something. Once you feel the surge of energy flow through your veins then your reasons will once again be fueled with the excitement of fluid progression. Below is a link to a group of people who are close to home that will be willing to help! :flowerforyou: You've got this!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/53-mile-high-mfp
  • worthashot73
    worthashot73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty much the same exact way right now. Granted I've only been faithfully logging and moving for a little over a week now but not seeing the number on the scale move AT ALL is killing me. I put on a pair of pants this morning that I haven't been able to button and....they fit! That made me smile.

Try to think about how you feel, how your body feels and the positive changes you've already made.

Will you feel better if you quit? I doubt it, you'll beat yourself up for quitting. It's a struggle, definitely not easy but well worth it in the long run. Allow yourself to have a bad day, that's why we're here, to pick each other up!
  • mazp12
    mazp12 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    everyone has occasional bad days and weekends, just don't beat yourself up about it, start a fresh and see how it goes, not long ago I used my weeks allowance up in one weekend and felt bad but started afresh on the monday and the weight keeps coming off slowly, I have quite a bit to lose so not expecting overnight sucess but thinking by next summer I will be well on my way to getting there !
  • worthashot73
    worthashot73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We get dressed and off to work, we feed the kids and family, fix the car, get the groceries, pay the tax, take out the garbage, etc., .... we do it cuz we have to.

This is no different ... those around us need to be at our peak, that is why we log, monitor, work out, go to the doctor, physio, etc.

If I let my feelings rule for too long others suffer.

Do I have feelings - yeah !

Do I think I'm ugly - a lot of the time ... am I really ? No ! Neither is anyone else.

You are beautiful, you are worth it. Do this for you ... then you can be a better you.

MFP needs a "like" button! Love this.
  • shantillylace81
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the uplifting comments, it's like I go through these wierd phases of not wanting to work out and then bam all I want to do is be at the gym.

I missed one Boot camp class and ate and drank over the weekend and still feel the backlash from that.

Going to the gym tonight and cannot wait to get back in.

With my mom coming in town she wants me to visit her right after work daily which is usually my gym time and my gym is farr south from where she lives. I need to find time to work out when she is here.

Im sure everyone goes through this in their weight loss its not all roses and sunshine right?
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    It helps me to say to myself that I am awesome. That I deserve to be loving to myself and love myself so I may be able to give back to others. Being healthy means doing things that are at times uncomfortable, that we don't feel like, or that sometimes are painful. But it is a loving thing that you do when you, for example, exercise at 6am because that's the only time you can do it and still provide for your family. Or spend time in the grocery store buying greens for a healthy salad and then preparing it rather than popping in a tv dinner or whatever. Or telling someone, no I can't do that its my workout time. Hope things turnaround for you and wishing you all the best this holiday season!!!
  • SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just know that ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS in life, anything worth having, you have to work hard to get. If it were easy, EVERYONE would be beautiful and thin.