Side of effects of eating low carb- 3 months

Options
3 months of eating no grains and low carb, low sugar: (eating all natural veggies, protein and lots of good fat)

23 pounds lost- 6.5 inches from waist gone-( size 12/14 to size 8)
depression lifted (this is the most amazing side effect) sense of well being.
energy all day
stomach pain completely gone
bloating and swelling gone
PMS gone!
feeling fit- energy to work out
never hungry. no blood sugar crashes. no 3pm fatigue.

Replies

• Shredded2011
    Options
    Exactly!
    Well done!!!
    I eat low carbs and its no problem.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    amazing! what do you class as low carb? under how many grams per day? x
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I've been low carb since January - just upped them this last week on advice, but I feel bloated again.
    Ditto on all of the benefits you listed!
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Would love to know how many grams per day!
    Thanks!
    Great Job BTW!
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Those sounds like some wonderful side effects! Nice work! :smile:
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Man that sounds like what I need!! Good question, how many net carbs do you take in?
    I'm 5'9, 174lbs. Not sure what the guidelines are, I may have to do some research.
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    amazing! what do you class as low carb? under how many grams per day? x

I would like to know this answer as well!!!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I consider it around 30g.
  • nmg8
    nmg8 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's great, you've been working hard and it is paying off HUGE!! Glad to hear your awesome results, and that you're feeling so good!
  • Jen_Ohara
    Options
    Thats great I had two friends who did the low carb diet and my friend Shawn lost 60 pounds on it in 4 months so he could join the air force and his girlfriend did it with him and lost over 40 pounds and she stopped doing it but hasn't gained it back.
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great reminder and inspiration!! Good on you, and thanks for sharing!
  • Georganna1962
    Options
    That's great! Can you give me an example of what you would typically eat? I don't really care for meat. So I have not figured out how to do low carb without the meat or with limited meat. I also do not care for fish.
  • jessjayla
    Options
    bump
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ive been focusing on increasing my protein while staying away from carbs... a great non-meat source of protein is cottage cheese and greek yogurt. I also supplement with EAS vanilla whey protein powder (only 130 cal or so) mixed with iced coffee - yum!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!

I had great results after about two months of eating like that but then for whatever reason I reverted back to eating bad....I need to get back to that way of eating though...besides gaining the weight back, I feel tired and depressed.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    good for you! I try to eat low carb about 4X week and the other 3 days eat what im in the mood for (within moderation of course) and have been able to maintain. Im doing this only for December due to holiday parties and goodies. Once january rolls around, i will be alot more stricter with what i eat.
  • hockeymom95
    hockeymom95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Reading the tired/stomach pain/etc. symptoms on here... I still eat tons of carbs/grains, but I stopped eating wheat/gluten (turns out the pain, etc. was a food intolerance). Not dissing the low carb thing, but don't discount food allergies and intolerance. :-)
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's fantastic! I have a lot of stomach issues and this is definitely incentive to stick with low carb. How low carb do you go? I generally allow carbs for breakfast only. Is that enough to get results?
  • twildmann
    Options
    bump