Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I do Chobani, the Strawberry and the pomegranate is my fav.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I hated it at first too. It tasted like bitter sour cream. Now I really enjoy it. Currently eating the Stonyfield farms Oikos because it has more protein but Chobani with the fruit flavors is also tasty. I add Bare Naked Granola and it is yummy. If you really can't stand it though, don't force yourself to eat anything you don't enjoy.
  • Funshinerika
    Options
    I just started eating Chobani and love it! I tried the ones with fruit on the bottom... strawberry is my favorite! I might try some other less expensive brands... been wanting to try honey. :)
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The pay-off is great, espeically the fat-free, but if you don't find the right mixture of add-ins, it can be light eating sour cream. I mix in fresh fruit - raspberries, blueberries, apple, etc. - and count in 1/2 cup of the fruit along with the 6oz serving of yogurt. It really does give you a good fill up. I've only tried Chobani, so far.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I like mine mixed in with my hot cereal in the morning: oatmeal, or Red River cereal.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I have tried all the brands available in my area and have found the Fage 2% to be the better one. I always get the plain so I can add in what I want. I use honey most of the time. Granola & fruits are good too.
  • cherrikim
    cherrikim Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like the Oikos, either vanilla or honey. Usually about 13g protein for a 5.3oz cup.

Greek yogurt is usually more tart than what you might be used to, and the ones with fruit don't cover that well. The vanilla and honey flavors do.

I also like Oikos it's made by Dannon & is more mild in flavor not tart like some of the others. I like the Vanilla & Key Lime flavors.
  • cleoleigh
    cleoleigh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love the FAGE 0%... texture and taste is great. You can add a few berries to it if you like to change it up. I even dip my reduced fat wheat thins in it LOL
  • netgirl224
    Options
    I love the Oikos honey one the best! But the blueberry is really good too :)
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I like Dannon, but I've also found two generics that are very good-Aldi's Friendly Farms brand and Hannaford/Sweetbay's Taste Inspirations brand.
  • shantelleclarke
    Options
    I eat Liberte 0%MF. I usually buy vanilla and mix it in with my smoothies but the strawberry and blueberry ones are great too. I like the Liberte because it's fat free and greek yogurt usually has a higher fat content. I agree with all the fruit, granola and nut replies, it's yummy with all of the above.
  • Denimgirl
    Denimgirl Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If I'm buying greek yogurt, FAGE is my favorite. Good stuff.
  • Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I eat Fage 0% or Chobani... PLAIN.. and add blue berries or strawberries or blackberries or a combo... it is a little tart at first but i find the ones that have fruit already in it are packed with sugar...
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Chobani Pineapple is my favorite. Lately though, I do Chobani Vanilla with a cup of grapes and 1/2 cup of honey nut cheerios:) Sounds weird, but it is so good!!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Hi, I just started working out and watching what I eat and I was told to try greek yogurt as good breakfast add on. What brqnds are good? I tried yoplait and I didn't like it. Any ideas???
    Thanks

I didn't like yoplait either but love dannon greek yogurt!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    My favorite plain is Fage and favorite flavored is Chobani lemon or dark cherry. They are delightful.
  • DrNicoleRed
    DrNicoleRed Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Chobani, Liberte' (I've seen this brand at publix), and Trader Joe's brand are the brands I prefer.
  • Sw33tpea
    Sw33tpea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like lucerne nonfat Greek yogurt especially the cherry one. I like pouring kaski granola on top and sometimes some fruit. mmm mmm. I too didn’t like Greek yogurt but i have been eating it like this for weeks and it is good.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% -- ALL the way. Yum.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Love Chobani, but some of Dannon's are good, too.

Chobani just announced they will have 3 new flavors coming out soon: Apple Cinnamon, Blood Orange (sounds yucky!), and Passion Fruit.