Office pranks, what have you done?

Options

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    we have things like schedules, and over time lists printed up and posted up in the break room. a really simple prank is to just circle one or two names, and cross out another. especially if you get the right person. they will freak out, just running around and asking what it means, whats going on.

oh, and my brother was constantly finding my phone that i would leave just on the coffee table and update my status, or send out random text messages. one day he left his phone out, and i just simply put in my pocket. when he finally asked "has anyone seen my phone?" i just pulled it out of my pocket and handed it to him. he spent about an hour looking through everything, trying to find where i had pranked him. i hadn't. he's never messed with my phone since.
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wrapped a coworkers entire desk, and everything on it individually in christmas wrapping paper...
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I once burned through a co-workers bike with a cutting torch after hearing him brag too much about his biking times, races and how far he was riding any given day.

That was when I was fat and very jealous of this guy.
    Now, he's one of my best friends...lol
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My FIL is a doctor. He likes to drink apple juice out of urine specimen cups. It freaks out his nurses - every time.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I was working for a dentist, whenever someone came in for an emergency appointment I had to take an x-ray before the Dr. came in to see them. I would hand him the x-ray when it was done developing.

My bro-in-law was working for a vet at the time and brought home an x-ray of a bird with a broken wing, I asked him if I could borrow it. The next time we had an emergency patient I handed my boss the x-ray of the bird's broken wing.

Everyone, including the patient, laughed except the Dr. He tried to play it off.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Took a screen shot of the computer desktop removed all the icons from the desktop hid the start tool bar and placed the screen shot as the wall paper. He tried clicking everywhere with no responce LOL!!

You said it before me and I knew you were in IT as soon as I read this. Only an IT person would know this one! LOL!!!
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    OMG, when I worked in an office, I loved office pranks. One time before a co-worker came to work, I put lotion on her phone receiver. Then I turned her ringer all the way up to the highest volume. Then I glued her mouse down to her desk and adjusted her chair so that when she got in it she sunk all the way to the floor. When she got to work, she sat down in her desk and crashed to the bottom. Then we dialed her extension and it scared her cause it was so loud, and then when she answered she got lotion all over her face. Then she tried to turn on her computer and couldn't move her mouse. She was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO UPSET!!!! But it was SOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I put a residents snake in a bathtub to scare one of the maintenance guys.
    He was a grown 30+ man and screamed and ran away like a 5 year old!
    (property manager)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    :blushing: :laugh: :laugh:
    Took a screen shot of the computer desktop removed all the icons from the desktop hid the start tool bar and placed the screen shot as the wall paper. He tried clicking everywhere with no responce LOL!!

You said it before me and I knew you were in IT as soon as I read this. Only an IT person would know this one! LOL!!!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Our Director gift wrapped one of the managers office, including desk, computer, bookcase, pictures, mouse, keyboard, phone, etc. He also got bags of cotton balls and put them all over the floor, including lights in the ceiling. And a tree.

155255_10150103092595630_636345629_7796058_3212144_n.jpg

148282_10150103092780630_636345629_7796062_6572598_n.jpg

The woman is a grinch so this was just so appropriate to piss her off! Put it this way, this was on the wall outside her office:

69696_10150103096365630_2272655_n.jpg

And we got our VP good. They got an air compressor and blew up this gigantic orange ball in his office. It was hilarious.

248953_10150267349555630_636345629_9283115_149537_n.jpg

Trying to get giant ball out of the office after boss didn't find it so funny anymore:

255789_10150267426555630_636345629_9283932_4250519_n.jpg
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The most often thing that is done in my office is we wait until someone is at the very back or our building and yell out to them that the boss wants them to come in his office, and boss has no idea either. So the person walks all the way from the back and asks the boss what he needs. Its funny to watch because they both look so dumbfounded. hahaha
  • Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    God I love these!
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    My buddy's business needed a website so I built one for him. I made an extra page that went into how he liked to be spanked and ....... blah, blah, blah. Then, I sent him the link to just that page with the email header "Your website is finished." After I knew that he had seen it, I then had another buddy (they don't know each other) call him and try to set up a spanking. It was frigging hilarious!
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    an easy one- take a post it note and put it over the senson on the bottom of a wireless mouse- the user won't know it's there and can't figure out why the mouse won't work until they pick it up and look at the bottom...

a more elaborate one- seal the door of someone's cubicle with seran wrap, then fill it with packing peanuts or balloons up to the top of the walls...
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    An old teacher of mine had a baby monitor he didn't need at home anymore, and he hid the speaker part behind some books in another teacher's office. He used to randomly whisper things down it, or say things like "this is the voice of doooooom". :laugh:

My mum played a joke on her music teacher at school once and sellotaped underneath all the piano keys together.

When I was at uni we did these at various times during the first year
    - superglued my friends shoes walking up the wall
    - turned everything in an entire room upside down
    - remade someones bedroom in the kitchen

but the best one was when a guy in our big group got so drunk on his birthday that he had to go home early. He was put to bed in someone elses room on the ground floor. His room was on the second or third floor, and while he was passed out, they moved all his stuff into that room so it would look like his. In the morning they poked him awake, picked him up, and threw him out the window :laugh: he was expecting a fall of two floors and fell about half a foot :bigsmile:
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Ad in the local paper for a free car with her work number and extention. Phone rang off the hook....

funniest. day. ever.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    We stuck a cigarette in the mouth of a male colleague's teddy bear desk mascot (he was a police officer!) and hung said teddy bear from the ceiling with a paperclip chain - he sulked for two days because we'd dared to touch his pride and joy!

One of my daughters was bubble wrapped then clingfilmed in the shop where she worked - everyone was in hysterics, including her, until she started having an asthma attack, and then couldn't get the stuff off quickly enough :(
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Probably not as bad as some... but every Halloween I hang a 12"x12" eyeball in the bathroom over the back of the toilet. I do this because I am the only girl in the office with four men. They hate it. I think it is hilarious :laugh:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't as exciting, but our voIP phones have serveral different rings, one is a woman's voice saying "Are you there". So we changed the new person's phone to this ring and called several times before he figured it out. Our office was very quiet, and everyone else would pretend that they didn't hear anything and give the new guy crazy looks when he was asking about it. He didn't have much of a sense of humor.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Also at uni, one of my friends came home to find her housemates had left a pigs head in the fridge, dressed in a bandana, sunglasses and smoking a spliff. The funny thing was she didn't even double take when she saw it she was so used to their pranks.