C25K Week 1 - Starting Oct 17th

Options
124»

Replies

• opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I ran W5D1 on Monday and actually got through it all ok. I was super surprised that I was able to do it! I'm planning to do W5D2 tonight. Feeling a little nervous about the 8 minute run but I'm going for it.
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 7 day 2... had to fit that in before the holiday festivities...

Happy holidays everyone!
  • Liss416
    Options
    Finished week 7 today. Can't wait to start week 8!

Have a great weekend all!
  • Liss416
    Options
    Just finished week 8 day 1... 28 minutes woo hoo!

Have a great weekend all!
  • Liss416
    Options
    Just finished w8d2... had no intention of running today.... wanted to give my knees the day off... but it was so nice out, I couldn't resist....

Opal, how was week 5?

Have a great week all!
  • opalmel
    Options
    I completed Week 5 yesterday but had to stop a couple times during the 20 minute run. A bit disappointed in myself but starting week 6 anyway.
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just finished w8d2... had no intention of running today.... wanted to give my knees the day off... but it was so nice out, I couldn't resist....

Opal, how was week 5?

Have a great week all!
    Sorry I haven't been posting but haven't been on th computer. You are doing awesome! I did week 7 day 1 today. My sis and are using this program and she wanted to repeat week 6 last week. It is amazing the progress we have made already in 8 weeks! Keep up the great work!
  • opalmel
    Options
    I completed Week 6 on Saturday but don't feel ready to begin Week 7 because I couldn't do the 25 minute run without stopping. I will be repeating week 6 this week.

Opal
  • sissamae
    Options
    Week 7 day 2 complete:)
  • sissamae
    Options
    I completed Week 6 on Saturday but don't feel ready to begin Week 7 because I couldn't do the 25 minute run without stopping. I will be repeating week 6 this week.

Opal

Repeating week 6 seems to be common! My sister and I did the same :) you can do it!
  • Liss416
    Options
    I haven't been able to run it 2 weeks! I just started a new job and haven't been able to squeeze in exercise time. I was able to do week 9 day 1 today, though. It felt great. My knees were starting to feel it by the end though. Do you guys have that problem?
  • alliooops
    alliooops Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    W5D2 completed today. Was a bit unsure about 2 x 8 min runs but felt really good and am so glad I did it. Next one is the 25 min run so I might slow down my pace and just take it really slow.

Well done everyone, keep going.
  • PrincessStubbie
    PrincessStubbie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I completed my first 5k on Thanksgiving and had to walk most of it, but I completed it! I am starting c25K over this week because I feel comfortable running at a faster pace and I like the progressive structure to help build up to the longer runs. Great job to everyone because this program is a win-win for anyone!
  • PrincessStubbie
    PrincessStubbie Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Opal

Repeating week 6 seems to be common! My sister and I did the same :) you can do it!

I had to repeat weeks a lot too, especially the last few weeks. My husband could do the 25 minute run but felt worn down by the time he was finished...so he now paces himself at 10 minute run 1 minute walk 10 minute run etc. This is how he ran his 5K and he finished it in 31 minutes! First time ever in a 5K! It is okay to take a walk break. There is a running class here in town and they teach/train to do 2:1...so don't beat yourself up if you can't run it out! The important thing is actually doing it! Way to go!
  • alliooops
    alliooops Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did my first 25 min continuous run. I took advice from a personal trainer and lowered my speed so I could just keep going at a comfortable speed. I ran at 4.6mph (yes very slow but I got over that psychological hurdle of knowing I could do it). I'm pretty sure I could do it faster so next time (yes, I actually can't wait to have another go) I am going to up it to 5mph. Still never going to win the race but it will be another achievement.
  • johnstegeman
    johnstegeman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Kudos to everyone who gets through this. My wife and I started back in the summer and got 4 weeks in before our shins betrayed us.

Will try it again, but this time I plan on doing each week twice for slower, but hopefully less painful, progress.