Subway Question

2»

Replies

• Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    LOVE the Veggie Delight!!! I always get it on honey oat, no mayo...all the veggies...YUM!!!!
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    I get the veggie one all the time with pepperjack cheese - a few more extra calories, but not extreme. I only get salt and pepper for seasoning.

I also love an egg white with spinach, green peppers a little banana pepper and salt and pepper. Yummy! A lot of Subways now serve eggs/eggwhites all day long. Great protein option!
  • ajlarz
    ajlarz Posts: 155 Member
    I LOVE getting the salads from there! You can load on so many veggies and they are all so crisp and good! I like to have sweet onion sauce on the side for the salad. I'm not sure how bad that is for you, but it's got to be better than my all time favorite: ranch! :blushing:
  • The Veggie Delight hardly has nutritional value. If I were you I would go with the turkey and cheese on wheat bread and a lot of veggies with no mayo or fatty dressings - try vinegar instead.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Personally I love the veggie delight. I get it on honey oat bread with ALL the vegges, no cheese and a little honey mustard. They sweet and spicy is delicious! just my opinion :smile:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    The Veggie Delight hardly has nutritional value.

I'm a little confused because vegetables are just water, fiber and nutrients? I understand the bread has little nutritional value (none of them are whole grain) but in that case a loaded veggie salad would still be nutritious especially for a fast food meal.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    i have never had the veggie delight but my bf seems to love it as he doesn't eat meat. i am not a fan of subway as when i have the 6", i am still hungry at the end and the foot long is too large. i always end up getting a chocolate cookie as well when i go there so i try and avoid it if i can.

^^This. Their "combo" make it a meal offers are cookies or chips. You'd think since they have been advertising weight loss for so long that they would offer something else to go with the meal. Plus, they don't have a drive through, and I'm always on the go.
  • pereztech930
    pereztech930 Posts: 60 Member

Also, one interesting thing about Subway that I found on their own website...the Italian bread has the same amount of fiber as the wheat bread, only it is lower in sugar and lower in total calories. I was shocked because you assume wheat is better, but in this case it really isn't unless slightly more calories and sugar doesn't matter to you.

Yes I noticed this too, same carbs if i recall. Is the Italian bread healthier?
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    The combo has other options... spples, yogurt. Also, the drive thru won't work for two reasons... can't eat Subway in the car, and too many options to NOT watch them make. There IS a subway near my work that has a drive-thru... you FAX in your order the way you want, and they may have online ordering now. I like to watch them make it, I don't like paying for something I didn't order or something done incorrectly. Loved my veggies piled HIGH
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    The combo has other options... spples, yogurt. Also, the drive thru won't work for two reasons... can't eat Subway in the car, and too many options to NOT watch them make. There IS a subway near my work that has a drive-thru... you FAX in your order the way you want, and they may have online ordering now. I like to watch them make it, I don't like paying for something I didn't order or something done incorrectly. Loved my veggies piled HIGH

i have never seen fruit or yogurt in any of the subways i have been. maybe they are not available in the uk. it is always crisps (potato chips for you americans), muffins or cookies