Hangover breakfast!

Options

Replies

• Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What will you be consuming? If just beer, alternate each 12oz with 4oz of water inbetween and no hangover. Also take 1 B6 and 1 B12 an hour before drinking.

Vodka. Vodka and a bit more vodka :D

Diet redbull (waits for the caffeine brigade to jump down my throat) :D

Thanks guys for all the great suggestions, keep em coming!

*Waits patiently to see if there is going to be a reply from a certain someone that chipped in at the start of the thread*
  • Rosbrook1985
    Options
    You know what disgusts me? Planning on getting slaughtered and NOT planning your life-saving breakfast the morning after. I commend you, OP, for showing us the correct way.

• becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Are you in the UK? Check out the food hospital website, they did a feature on (non-judgemental) hangover cures, there was a drink involved that rebalanced your salt and sugar levels. They suggested the fry up idea, but grilling / griddling food instead.

Hope you have a great time!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Think of what you'd get if you were allowed to eat fast food, then replicate it @ home. I always go for mcdonald's breakfasts. So @ home I make scrammbled eggs with cheese and some bread or pancakes and possibly some bacon or something. You can make it healthy & still have it greasy enough to cure your hangover.
  • Mirror_Image
    Options
    What will you be consuming? If just beer, alternate each 12oz with 4oz of water inbetween and no hangover. Also take 1 B6 and 1 B12 an hour before drinking.

Vodka. Vodka and a bit more vodka :D

Diet redbull (waits for the caffeine brigade to jump down my throat) :D

Thanks guys for all the great suggestions, keep em coming!

*Waits patiently to see if there is going to be a reply from a certain someone that chipped in at the start of the thread*

DIET REDBULL - get in! I live off the stuff. Chuck in some vodka and we're cooking with gas :D
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    If you wake up spewing, do NOT DRINK WATER. It is too alkaline to mix with your acidic stomach and you will just hurl it right up! Drink the water before you go to bed/pass out. Next day, sprite, 7 up, or gatorade. And usually, I just throw cautions to the wind and eat a frozen pizza for my cure. Not very healthy but then again, it is what it is! Have fun!
  • Rosbrook1985
    Options
    Are you in the UK? Check out the food hospital website, they did a feature on (non-judgemental) hangover cures, there was a drink involved that rebalanced your salt and sugar levels. They suggested the fry up idea, but grilling / griddling food instead.

Hope you have a great time!

http://foodhospital.channel4.com/cases/case-file-hangover-boys/

If anyone else wants a read!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Nice on Becka, I'll watch it tonight :-)
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    This post has been very educational! My go-to breakfast used to be turkey and provolone on a bagel, but this past Sunday morning I had a breakfast scramble with pototoes, veggies, eggs, and cheese (I don't eat meat anymore). That scramble hit the spot, and the potatoes seemed to soothe my stomach, maybe absorbing the excess bourbon. I guess the key is some fatty stuff and some starch, and rehydrate. Be safe, and have a great time!
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of grits the morning after ;-) ...and a fountain diet coke w/ ice...and if it's REALLY bad 3 chicken biscuit mini's from chickfila (they're not as bad as the large one). YUM.
  • nikicrin
    nikicrin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Mattesons smoked turkey grill slices are so tasty and low cal u can have them instead of bacon and not feel cheated... Or just have loads more!! Loads of diet fanta then make ur self a pizza!! I did one other week was so easy used a naan bread spread tomato an garlic purée all over, and chicken and roast veg then oven for 10... Feels like your treating yourself more than u really are!! Or have a chicken kebab from a chippy, only grilled chicken pitta and salad but again it always makes me feel better!!

As for the crank with a bad attitude and no social life earlier in the thead, pipe down, you weren't asked your opinion on her drinking habits and clearly aren't in touch with the majority of us... If you want to judge people and interfere I suggest it is you who is in the wrong place

Xx
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Menudo or chilaquiles. The spicier, the better! :drinker:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My fav is biscuits and gravy with a sunny side egg and bacon on top of the biscuits then smothered in gravy with hash browns.
    Nom Nom Nom.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i love that you're already planning on being hungover!

It disgusts me.

Nice how you're quick to judge, rather than try to help.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Wow, these posts never cease to amaze me.

I thought the whole point of joining this site was to become HEALTHIER. I guess not. Too many people on this site that are just here to lose weight and from things I have been reading - not too many people are looking to do that.

You might as well go to the nearest waffle house and get eggs, bacon and those gross hash browns to wallow in your hangover agony.

Good Luck.

Buzzkill.

One day/night isn't going to completely derail you.

I hope the OP has an amazing nite and my go-to hangover cures are menudo. I do take some advil before I pass out...well if I remember. LOL

Have a great time!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    GREAT IDEA!
    "waffle house and get eggs, bacon and those gross hash browns."
    Get some chili on those hash browns too and a huge fountain coke!
    :drinker:

I thought the whole point of joining this site was to become HEALTHIER. I guess not. Too many people on this site that are just here to lose weight and from things I have been reading - not too many people are looking to do that.

You might as well go to the nearest waffle house and get eggs, bacon and those gross hash browns to wallow in your hangover agony.

Good Luck.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    A Bacon Martini !!!!!!!! Hair of the dog and bacon grease, what could be better :love:

baconmartini.jpg
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

Good Luck.
    Buzzkill, indeed. Careful on that high horse there, Champ.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i love that you're already planning on being hungover!

It disgusts me.

BIG OLE PARTY POOPER!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    We have Mexican taco joints all over town. Sunday mornings they dish out Menudo and/or Pozole. Menudo is tripe and pozole has pork meat and hominy. Anyway, these are a Mexican's favorite hangover food. Party on.