Skinny fat vs fit photo

Options

Replies

• kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great post! This is exactly how my body works and why I don't get along with the scale. Lol
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    great! This must be why my scale reading is so high... heehee :bigsmile:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    love this. muscles are sexy, lol
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Very telling! I weigh 164 right now. I have been 164 before (as low as 151.5, actually, as an adult), but I know I didn't look this good the other times I've been this weight. I'm fitting back into clothes that I fit into when I weighed 10 pounds less than I do now, but I think it's because I exercise regularly (run 4-5 days/week and Spin 1-2 days/week). I've never lost weight with exercise before (it's always been just eating alone), so this is a new thing for me :smile: I will soon be getting to the point where I'll need to re-evaluate my goal weight and decide if I am happy with the fitness level/look of my body rather than the number on the scale. I'd rather stay at 164 and look fit than hit 135 and look blah.
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • REBEE17
    REBEE17 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great information! Thanks.
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    It was so smart of you to share this!! When people reach their GW and start to rise this can be exactly what is happeneing!! Thanks!!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Just wish this would click for more folks.

Many are so frustrated because they are starving themselves, doing hours or cardio, lifting 1000 of reps of light weights - and still not getting there. Then they get upset and give up. I can understand. I have done so myself from time to time.

Yet adding in the heavy weights, less reps - which so many women wrongly fear - is exactly what they need.

I have seen this happen to myself - when I changed to lower reps, much heavier weighs (8 rep range) - that's when I started to see the definition I was missing. lack of jiggle, better fat loss. Even though the scale numbers are not "lower" - I look so much better.

And I am 47, short, had a child, had a C section, gained to much weight, was upto a size 16/18- so not a younger person, that already had great metabolism, and the ability to eat anything, and still look good (like I did in my 20's, when I was a size 7).

And nope, it did not happen over nite. I had to do a lot of tweaking to find out what macros works for me, what cal count, what workout plan. It took a few years to really get closer to the body look I want. And I am still working on the "dropping body fat levels" phase.

But it does happen.

LorinaLynn - excellent example - you looked great in both images - but one can defiantly see the difference in your overall look, and tightness, when you starting moving some iron. Great job girl! You should be proud. :)
  • abracasqueak
    Options
    That's an amazing comparison.
  • chaineyart
    Options
    bump!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    this explains a lot. thank you:heart:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    This is such a helpful post! I totally understand Skinny-fat - and don't feel so bad about weighing more! I'd rather be heavier and toned!

Thanks!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comparison. I am having such a hard time mentally wrapping my mind around this fact. I have been doing body pump, toning classes, cardio, strength training, etc, so I am very toned and I know I look smaller than the number I am, but that number is just getting to me. I know I have to get past it and will do so when I finally get back into my 4's...one size away.
  • Destinie589
    Options
    WOW!! Great post.. this is very good to see.
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Bump -- everyone should read the original post!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm ready to toss out my scale now! hahaha
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Wow! Definitely need to keep this post in mind when I reach my goal.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Bumping this, cos, like, its awesome.
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    She even looks taller.