Geeks, nerds, otaku: Where are you all?

Options

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Not really anime or cosplay, but I'm a Firefly freak, horror author, fire spinner and contact juggler. If that's nerdy enough for you feel free to add me!
  • torkmdeg
    torkmdeg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Added almost everyone whose posted here :laugh: Feel free to add me, especially if you're into cosplay!
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    I'm sort of an in the closet geek/nerd/otaku. If my family ever found out about it, they would disown me, hence the secret.
  • GiygasDestroyer
    GiygasDestroyer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You really shouldn't be surprised that geeks nerds and otaku like logging everything and get graphs of their progress.

I LOL'ed my pants when I read that.

Classically trained game nerd and enjoy-er of anime/animation of all sorts. My nerd list can go on, but we will just leave it at that and call it a day. In actuality it's part of the reason why I am here. That sedentary lifestyle these things seem to "create." I'm glad to see so many people coming out of the wood work.

And Ahiru, I think in many countries it's not a derogatory term. I have to agree with you though, I really wouldn't want to be called that due to its connection. Then again I don't like to be linked to any term, but it happens.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Not that really into anime as I used to be. I'm mostly a computer nerd, oh and video games. Especially RPGs.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I used to be really into anime. Now I like it, but I'm not into it hardcore. I always wanted to cosplay as Faye from cowboy bebop but I never feel skinny enough to pull it off....

I also don't really do video games.

Anyway. I am nerdy. It's in my tagline. I do front-end web development (getting my master's degree), pie charts are sexy, I like to read (a lot). I also like sudoku, card games, scrabble, coloring books (yes with crayons), anything to do with dinosaurs, and cartoons. Definitely more a computer programming/science nerd I think. Maybe not what you're looking for.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    meee....still addicted to manga/anime some how. even my bf watches anime religiously. lol
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    meee....still addicted to manga/anime some how. even my bf watches anime religiously. lol
  • apage36
    Options
    No, you are in the right place. This is my first time responding to somebody. Still trying to get used to this site.
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I got into Anime because of my boyfriend, but I've been nerdy on my own long before that!
    I'm a punky-ska girl with colourful hair and an undying love for biological sciences/anthropology.
    Anything that explains how the world works, we work, etc.
    I've also roadtripped around north america, 40 states & 7 provinces.

I've been to PAXs, I have been pretty much only playing Minecraft lately, but I love FPS (mostly computer, but I don't mind playing consol either).

I've never read a manga, but I've watched plenty of Anime.
    If anyone wants to be friends, I'm looking to lose another 60-ish lbs (already lost 40)
    My friends list is pretty dead, but I'm active and looking for nerdy, active friends :)
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    Well I might be a bit late joining the party but, geek right here >_<
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Hey! What's up? :D
  • ForgottenAngel
    Options
    lol and slowly the threads grows larger and larger ^_^
  • waanju
    waanju Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm facing a picture of my friends and I cosplaying as The Doctor, Amy Pond, and a Dalek. I'm pretty sure that's a good indication.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Everybody in this thread should be on Fitocracy, too ;)

<---- WoW junkie, dice-chucker, Whedonite, and former FASA employee.
  • ShmiSkywalker
    ShmiSkywalker Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Definitely not a nerd here and my screen name proves it. lol
  • LindLTailor
    LindLTailor Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am not a nerd or anything and the fact that my screen name is an obscure character from Death Note should not be taken that way.
  • Lady_Senie
    Lady_Senie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    ::laughes:: I feel like I've found my peoples! My husband, StrikeFiss, is a hardcore fanfic writer and I met him by emailing him about his work. Now we're married in Calgary with a 2 year old! This is awesome!!

What's eveyone's favorite fandons? Mine is Rurouni Kenshin. I scour fanfiction.net constantly for good fiction on my favorite characters
  • rebeldancer567
    Options
    Girl, you have no idea how many otakus are here. I'm trying to loose weight to look better in my cosplay. Don't think you've ever seen a 150-pound anime character... besides Godzilla... :P
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Biology geek here, with a penchant for photography, keyboard, kinect and making periodic element jokes....

I'd share one here, but all the good ones Argon