Planet fitness....Is it your planet?!?!?!

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Does Barney work out there?
    He might, but I haven't noticed. Might be blending into the walls though.

I could go for a different color scheme in there, but oh well.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    They discourage "hardcore" lifters. I'm not one of those muscle headed morons but I do the main lifts and bang the weights sometimes. It can't be helped. I'm sure I'd get kicked out of there.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    They discourage "hardcore" lifters. I'm not one of those muscle headed morons but I do the main lifts and bang the weights sometimes. It can't be helped. I'm sure I'd get kicked out of there.
    I always thought that was just "shctick"
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Will they do a 1 day pass???

Yes, for $20....

$20.00 for a 1 day pass!!??!?!?!?! thatz crazzzyyyyy.

Im gonna try and sneak in there today and work out! bwahahahahha I wanna get a workout in before I commit!:bigsmile:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options

Yes, for $20....

Im gonna try and sneak in there today and work out! bwahahahahha I wanna get a workout in before I commit!:bigsmile:

Do you know someone? You can bring a guest - free

And I've never had a gym say I couldn't work out 1st to see if I liked it - one time free.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Oh and their equipment is NOT cheap - ours has life fitness treadmills and ellipticals - the same stuff as
    Bally's and Boston Sports club (my day gym at 3xs the price)
    Yep. Mine has very nice LifeFitness equipment.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I always thought that was just "shctick"
    They discourage dropping weights and loud grunting.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Yes, for $20....

I'm willing to wager that they would do it for free if you show some interest. Every other gym I've seen does this.
  • Juliealittle
    Juliealittle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a member...can't beat the price! I do most of my workouts on my own treadmill and bike trainer but go in to the gym for my weight training. Their equipment is great...big variety and lots of machines so you never have to wait. It's convenient, cheap, clean and gets the job done. It's not a meat market (which makes it more comfortable, I think) so you can just focus on your workout and not worry about the sweat dripping off your face. :smile:

Oh, and mine will let you workout and try it if you come in and ask for a tour around the gym.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Well im gonna go and give them a try tonite......Im gonna get my sweat on! Hopefully theres some good eye candy today......HA!:devil:
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure mine has all kinds of weight benches, etc...I would say about 1/4 of my gym has all the weight stuff...

I have been going there for years, and I love that I only pay $10/month...

It is a bummer that there aren't aerobics or spin classes offered, but I am ok with that.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Yes, for $20....

I'm willing to wager that they would do it for free if you show some interest. Every other gym I've seen does this.

That is worth a try!! :smile:
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options

+1

You know the planet fitness commercials based on who they don't want there? Those are my people!
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i lift things up and put them down.

YES! I LOVE WHEN HE WALKS HIM OUT THE DOOR!! cracks me up :laugh:
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    This place doesn't allow deadlifts either! Can't imagine doing a proper leg workout without deadlifts -- and I'm hardly a hardcore muscle head. No thanks! I understand it's supposedly trying to create a welcome environment, but in a way I think this is encouraging mediocrity. There are plenty of other gym chains with the "no judgement" vibe -- like Crunch! -- that still allow everyone to get in the workout they want to get.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    +1

You know the planet fitness commercials based on who they don't want there? Those are my people!
    Yeah, the advertising thing is a mistake, in my opinion. They could attract their target audience without bashing another. if anyone needs what they don't offer, they would know it when they check it out. Bashing on a segment of the population is lame.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Yesterday was the first time I had heard of planet fitness; it looked like it was in ****s sporting goods???? At least that is the way the signage made it appear. I personally like anytime fitness. They have tones of equipment, free weights and all. Especially like the AMT's anf circuit machines.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    Yesterday was the first time I had heard of planet fitness; it looked like it was in ****s sporting goods???? At least that is the way the signage made it appear. I personally like anytime fitness. They have tones of equipment, free weights and all. Especially like the AMT's anf circuit machines.

Wow, that is funny, the sporting goods store's name came out astericks :blushing:
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    i lift things up and put them down.

YES! I LOVE WHEN HE WALKS HIM OUT THE DOOR!! cracks me up :laugh:

I gotta admit the commercials are kinda funny!!!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Wow, that is funny, the sporting goods store's name came out astericks :blushing:
    You mean RICHARD'S Sporting Goods? :laugh: