How DOES normal dating work these days

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
***disclaimer, I have no interest in dating anybody lol****

I've got this friend, and she's a little nuts. She went on this date, had a great first date.
Now she's trying to set up a second date(not even a week later) dude is like "we'll see" which personally seems pretty normal from what I can remember back when dinosaurs roamed.

And she is flipping out "oh well, onto the next guy..I'm not playing these games"

I don't think this dude is playing games, she probably smothered the poor guy.

Plus she showed up at the first date trying to hide a hickey. lol

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    oh my...sounds like your friends tryijng too hard and the hickey was probably a red light too...having dated in a LONG time but i bet its frickin difficult!!!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Well, in my book if a guy say "we'll see", it mean don't think about it. Guy that want to be with you will make the time and will schedule the next date.

Next
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    ***disclaimer, I have no interest in dating anybody lol****

I've got this friend, and she's a little nuts. She went on this date, had a great first date.
    Now she's trying to set up a second date(not even a week later) dude is like "we'll see" which personally seems pretty normal from what I can remember back when dinosaurs roamed.

And she is flipping out "oh well, onto the next guy..I'm not playing these games"

I don't think this dude is playing games, she probably smothered the poor guy.

Plus she showed up at the first date trying to hide a hickey. lol

I think she has her first and last date with that guy at the same time....
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    Well, in my book if a guy say "we'll see", it mean don't think about it. Guy that want to be with you will make the time and will schedule the next date.

Next

^This. Plus who wants to date a guy who isn't sure he likes them anyway?
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure at least one of you shows up dressed as a snake.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I was bagged and banded several years back {:blushing: } but from a male point of view, "We'll see means" we will see if I find someone else who I am interested in. The friend needs to back off a little.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I think she has her first and last date with that guy at the same time....

Lol

nail.jpg
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    He doesn't want to see her anymore, but probably didn't want to be mean about it.
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Next

THIS!
  • kwallis23
    Options
    Def think that guy is not interested. Tell her to wait for a guy to "chase" her, then he will feel more in control of the situation. Also tell her to not be so quick to look for a second date - give it at least a week before she calls the guy; if he calls before her than all the better; if he brushes her off after after the week - move on.
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure there is "normal" dating anymore! I've been with my bf for almost 2 years, so I really don't know... But, I've watched the trials and tribulations of all my friends in these last few years. A lot of it on-line dating (which I think is great, my bf and I met online), but with that comes technology, texts, no phone calls, etc. which is completely different than what used to happen. It has lost a lot of the "personal" touch with emails and text messages. Its also much easier for people to say no, re-schedule, or flake on dates, just a text message away!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If the guy did not ask her out again after the first date, and when she asked him he said "we'll see", then he is not interested. She needs to move on. Tell her to avoid getting hickeys from one guy when planning to go on a date with another guy.
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I can understand your friend's comment...that's how I feel not because it's about playing games but she probably figured he wasn't all that interested in her. I find so many men that are already in relationships and sometimes even married, still looking to date. Even when you think you've met a good one, they turn out not to be and I'm not the smothering type.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It was a single date not a long-term commitment. If he WAS interested, there is a strong possibility that she's freaked him out being pushy and killed any chances that he'll consider any future dates. It's best not to appear desperate...or needy...or controlling...etc. I would say she should back off, and if he's interested, he'll call.

If he doesn't call, then perhaps she can chalk it up to experience and LEARN from it.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    Pretty sure at least one of you shows up dressed as a snake.
    This would be the girl to do it.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    what's a date?

lol.
    :wink:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I've never "dated" traditionally. I hang out with my friends and do whatever I feel like doing. Then I end up falling for a friend, usually. I think "normal" dating is really %^&$#ing weird, personally. Trying to establish a "romantic" connection with a stranger? Weird weird weird.

And as for your friend: b*tches be crazy, yo.
    (myself included).
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Normal dating is the same as it's always been -

1) Go on date
    2) one of 3 scenarios: A - both hit it off, B - one thinks was great, but not the other, C - both can't wait to get the h outa there!

Sounds like your friend is in scenario B..... maybe he'll contact her again, but I doubt it.
    When it's scenario A - scheduling the 2nd date is easy.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    I've never "dated" traditionally. I hang out with my friends and do whatever I feel like doing. Then I end up falling for a friend, usually. I think "normal" dating is really %^&$#ing weird, personally. Trying to establish a "romantic" connection with a stranger? Weird weird weird.

And as for your friend: b*tches be crazy, yo.
    (myself included).
    oh yes, she's crazy.
    You know those people you just can't stop being friends with because youare too nice.

She's that person.
  • KindleBlossom
    Options
    Personally, if it's someone that I can bear to wait a whole week to see again, it probably wasn't a very good connection on the first date. I say good for your friend- why be with a guy who says "we'll see," when you can instead be with a guy who gets weak at the knees when you enter a room? After my first date with my husband, we were pretty inseparable, talking every night on the phone for hours and seeing each other whenever we could (and, believe it or not, we weren't 16). Maybe your friend is just looking for something real, someone who doesn't feel indifferent and jaded about romance, someone who sees her and not her as one of many fish in the sea.