Do people try to guess your weight

Options
13»

Replies

• PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Most people guess much less than I actually weigh, guess I carry it well.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    People have joked about it but I never tell people I weigh less than 110 even if I do because it sounds unrealistic. I have had lots of people guess my clothing size (shopping with friends) and they always guess larger which kind of sucks but I'm not going to have a cow over someone thinking I wear a 5 lol because to them that's still really small. I never guess sizes or weights because I've never been over 120 or a size 3 so everything else to me is foreign. :grumble:

My husband wrote me an email from underway (he was on a submarine deployment) saying he was 165 lbs and I had no idea if that was high or low because I didn't know what he weighed! When I told him I was down to 114 he said "I thought you were 114 before" awwww :blushing:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making miIk come out of my nose! Brain freeze :(
    Yeah, one dude was Iike "Hey bruh, you weight about as much as me huh, Iike 190 or so"
    My repIy, "yeah, with my weight vest on and fuIIy Ioaded down with 40 pounds" He didn't get it :(

He probably is trying to talk himself into thinking he looks like you hahah

People don't try and guess my weight but they always ask if I'm 6ft. Wth?! I'm 5'7!

I don't get that either! I'm 5'1.5 and I get people asking me weird things like if I'm considered a midget and what is life like being so small... wtf people?!
  • sarah0426
    Options
    This post is making me laugh.. People try to guess my weight a lot, which is very entertaining. They're like, so what are you 95 lbs? I'm guessing they are teasing, but I'm 120! They are always floored when they here that.. I've never been one to care too much about a number, because how one person looks at a certain weight can be way different than another person.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    When I tell people I need to lose more, that look at me as if I was insane. Oh my, good thing they dont see me with my sloppy gut. I just tell them Im just trying to get to a healthy weight. Oh and one more thing, people around thinks if someone who loses weight is out to have an affair. Like really!!!!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    lol when im really lean people tend to think i'm about 170lbs when I'm really 145lbs
    maybe is because being cut gives the appearence that more mass is present

^^^ This, when I just finished my recent cut, I was only 148 pounds, most guys were guessing I was 170-180 pounds, I don't get it

I mirrin' the Zyzz avatar brah!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Fat ppl thinkI'm thinner than I really am, and thinner people think I'm a porker. Go figure.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Yes, and its very annoying because they always think I am anorexic.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    people always thought I weighed less than what I did, and when I'd tell them my weight or even the size clothes I wore no one would believe me and then go on to say i wasnt overweight at all and why would I want to exercise when I didnt need to

Now they tell me how great I'm looking and how if I keep going I'm going to be all skin and bones

sigh lol
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Only at the carnival.
  • xxcatyxx555
    Options
    I get people guessing my weight constantly at the gym, but why do people keep guessing I weigh so much more than my actuaI weight

I'm 5'9" and currently 155 pounds trying to bulk up to 165 pounds, then go on a cut down to 160 pounds or so, but people keep guessing that I'm anywhere from 170-190 pounds

because hun youre jacked and everyone knows muscle weighs more
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    yes and they're always quite wrong! Which, I guess is good? I don't know.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Yes, and they usually guess WAY lower than I am because I'm so tall and they don't realize that height does make a difference.
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! And it drives me nuts!!!! You look great....how much do you weigh? Well if I look great it shouldn't matter!!! But the good thing is they always guess way lower than what I am......guess I tone up nicely :tongue:
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    Yes. "Do you even weigh 100 lbs?"

I was out running one evening this last summer and someone yelled "eat a burger!" out their car window at me.

It is SUPER AWESOME when my husband's drunk ex asks what I weigh.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Alls I know is that I look lighter than what I am. My boss was incredulous when I told her I weigh(ed) 120. She didn't believe it. I get that a lot though... People probably think they can kick my *kitten*. Little do they know...
  • andforpoise
    Options
    I had a creepy guy at the bus stop guess mine yesterday... he was talking about how girls in his hometown are "nasty" and overweight... so he asked me how tall I was and I told him 5'5 - didn't believe that. Then he guessed "you must weigh what, at least 125 to 130 lbs?" I laughed and said, "well isn't that nice of you to say! I actually weigh 150." He was baffled... couldn't understand where I "hid" those extra 20-25 lbs.... Well, I'm not hiding it! It's all right here!
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    People ask for my height much more than my weight - but, at 6'0" tall, I guess that's understandable ;-)
    My favorite is when guys don't believe it - they go "No way! I'm 6', and you're taller than me! You must be 6'1" or 6'2"!" Um, no, darling - you are 5'10" and need to learn to accept that. It's close to 6', but not quite!
    But, when people do guess my weight, they guess low. Even when I was over 200lbs most people would never guess that. Again, tallness helps =)
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Fat ppl thinkI'm thinner than I really am, and thinner people think I'm a porker. Go figure.

^^^ THIS!

My mother-in-law is 100lbs and 5'2" and Im heavier/thicker to her... to heavier people Im too thin.. *sigh*.. all about perspective. (I'm 5'6'')

People don't seem to take height, bone structure and muscle percentages into account. Im a solid 132lbs. My MIL tried to get and when I told her she said "I would have never of guessed THAT much" :/