Team UK: week 1

Options

Replies

• Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    well done cinnamon, got a bit of advice, if you go training have a banana milkshake before. I have porridge with banana an hour before my training, trust me, it works :happy: But as they say, whatever works best for you :laugh: (bottom disclaimer thingy) :wink:

tata's is what we used to say to our pet for 'walkies' :bigsmile:

I have made a very big decision but it is only a 99.9% decided so far, I want to join the gym tomorrow, it has a swimming pool, spinning class, other classes and cardio/weights room, am I pushing myself too hard if I join tomorrow? Or am I wanting this too badly? Please let me know xx :smile:

Keep up the good work people :flowerforyou:
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon - the spinning room and flashing lights sounds a little alarming! Are you logging the food and exercise here so you can keep a track of the minimum calories you need? They advise 1200 net minimum. Failing that - a bigger brekkie should do the trick.

Helen - go for it! What have you got to lose, other than tum? :laugh: For a change as big and difficlut as this, the more you want it, the better. You need to be hungry for it (sorry, food on the brain) ::embarassed: Just get some advice when you join about how to pace yourself.

Well, I mananged to drink lots of water today (sigh)

Shoppie, what a great name. Welcome! :flowerforyou: I'd forgotten the great feeding thirst. Happy days :laugh:
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Thanks for advice guys, I didn't eat enough for breakfast. It takes a while for my tummy to wake up so I'm going for my swim after lunch today (aaaaaah the pleasures of a flexible student lifestyle :laugh: ). My cold's got worse though :sad: not what I need for revising for end of year exams. And apparently we have an essay to pick up that everyone got really low marks in...so I'm avoiding it :sad: ...sorry about the whinge there!

Defo go today Helen, you'll feel better for it! Even if it doesn't help your weight loss (which is will!) you'll feel so much healthier and fitter. You know whats right for your body.

What's everybody having for breakfast?
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    First of all, welcome shoppie :flowerforyou: join in and let's be the biggest losers on this board :bigsmile:

Cinnamon and Lorro, I will go but not today, I woke up on the wrong side and had to take my son to school (he overslept) then I had to spend a small fortune on fruit because he is making fruit salad in d.t tut! :grumble: I didn't have a nice breakfast, sort of had a pint of water and a couple of sips of delicious tea which I had to leave to get cold then got back drank the tea and had my porridge with a teasp. of peanut butter (need to up the fat grams) :grumble:

On a lighter note, I can spend all day pottering around the house and cook my chicken ready for tea tonight... I might go overboard and have some gravy :tongue:

Ooooh I must tell you all, I can get into jeans I haven't worn for 2 years already :bigsmile:

Keep up the good work and drink the water :drinker:
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Sounds good Helen! And you can have your son's tastey fruit salad for desert :wink: Must feel awesome to fit back into those jeans already!!

I don't think I will go swimming today, I've got swine flu (or a cold...who knows) and lots of revision to do to make up for my skfhskh*$%^*$ essay mark. Would love to go swimming because I know it would make me feel better but I just don't have the time :sad:

How often does everyone weigh themselves? I weigh every Monday, was 144.8lbs this monday, hopiing to be around 142.8lbs next Monday.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hellooo....

I seemed to have missed the begining of the thread so here i am!!!

Im also 20 and weigh 11st - 5ft 8'...

i have a bikeathon to complete in Woking on Sunday (30 miles)!

Cinnamon_Kisses... Your comment about Swine flu amused me...!! Hope u feel better!

i will be hitting the gym this evening!! :glasses:

I weight myself every 2 weeks... just spreading it out!

Katherine :flowerforyou:
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the very warm welcome everybody! :flowerforyou:

I'm err, rather older at 31 :embarassed: but hey I have 2 cute kids! I'm 5'9 and weigh 12st2, target is 11st7, I have been 11st once but I honestly don't think its maintainable for me

Helen - I'd join the gym (thought the flashing lights sound weird!!). I'm a member at my local leisure centre and I definitely think I exercise more as a result.

Have walked fast pushing a double buggy with about 3odd stone of kids in it for 60 mins today so feeling good :bigsmile: Have just finished lunch (jacket potato, WW tuna and raw peppers) - nice but would rather like something sweet :devil: Will restrain myself though, its husband's birthday so at the least there will be cake tonight!
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Hey everyone! Good luck with the bikeathon on Sunday Katherine, sounds tough going. Your bum is going to be soooooooore :laugh: Have you been training hard?

Shoppie, lunch sounds good, I can never resist smothering my jacket potato in cheese and beans. Enjoy the cake, hope you have nice evening!

The most exercise I got today was walking to the corner shop to get more tissues! I'm sure I was a lovely sight with my unbrushed hair and bright red nose :noway: I'm defo going swimming tomorrow, need some exercise. Planned a nice healthy breakfast of scrambled egg on 2 pieces of wholewheat nimble bread. I've gone over my calories today, do you think it's ok cause I'm ill? I didn't eat bad things, it was oranges and raisins that pushed me over by about 200 calories.
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    LOL @ swine flu :laugh: nice one cinnamon, hope you feel better soon hun and the sooner you revise for the %%$%^^&%^ test go for a long walk and forget about it, you will feel better :flowerforyou:

Yes Good luck Katherine, you must have buns of steel with all that biking :laugh:

Right today I had a day of pottering around the house and made a roast chicken dinner, the only exercise I logged was my cleaning tut

You are not the oldest Shoppie, it's my 39th birthday tomorrow :grumble: No I won't be celebrating but I will buy myself membership for our local leisure centre instead and watch all the men in lycra :noway: *drool* :tongue: I wonder if it's a mixed sauna too :bigsmile: :blushing:

I weighed in at 14st. 10 days ago but I know I have already lost a lot of water weight... I set mini goals for myself and my first one is 13.5st and I weigh in once a week.

Haven't done my water yet, I have only had 4 pints so now off to get another :drinker:

Good luck all :flowerforyou:
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    Oh by the way, this is the bread I rave about http://www.burgenbread.com/ it's low gi and you can get it at your local supermarket (not at greggs) :laugh:
  • lorro
    Options
    Welcome Katherine :flowerforyou: There are quite a few of you from Surrey here now.

Shoppie and Helen, I'm the oldest at 43. Also have 2 kids both girls.

Why no celebrations, Helen? Saving yourself for the weekend I hope!!

Cinnamon get well soon. Wondering if Swine flu is better or worse than Man flu. Suppose it depends on who gets it :laugh: I weigh in every day and then get very cross if I've not lost.

I did 40 mins of exercise today, need to up the water level though.
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    Hiya Lorro, I will be celebrating it this weekend, I am going to have a pint of guinness! (just the one) :drinker: :bigsmile:

Keep drinking hun :wink: perhaps you should get one of these: http://www.aussiegadgets.com.au/images/DRINKING HAT ORANGE.jpg

:laugh:

Good luck everybody :flowerforyou:
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Hey everyone! Good luck with the bikeathon on Sunday Katherine, sounds tough going. Your bum is going to be soooooooore :laugh: Have you been training hard?

Shoppie, lunch sounds good, I can never resist smothering my jacket potato in cheese and beans. Enjoy the cake, hope you have nice evening!

The most exercise I got today was walking to the corner shop to get more tissues! I'm sure I was a lovely sight with my unbrushed hair and bright red nose :noway: I'm defo going swimming tomorrow, need some exercise. Planned a nice healthy breakfast of scrambled egg on 2 pieces of wholewheat nimble bread. I've gone over my calories today, do you think it's ok cause I'm ill? I didn't eat bad things, it was oranges and raisins that pushed me over by about 200 calories.

Cinnamon... thanks for the support.. yes i have been training hard with lots of spinning... Having a clean eating week this week!!:smile:

Thanks for the welcome Lorro.. So lovely to see so many people from the UK.. i could imagine this group getting pretty big!! :drinker:

I have a super comfy seat this time round.. Last year it was the hardest thing and hurt like mad!! So my rear end will be happy.. I hope!!:smile:

Good morning to you all.. i hope you have a lovely day..:flowerforyou:

BTW does anyone listen to the Chris Moyles show in the mornings?

Katherine x
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Morning all. Happy birthday Helen, hope you have a fabulous day in the sauna!! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Hoping to make it to swimming today, desperately need some exercise. Feeling a wee bit better today, will go to the pharmacy to stock up on drugs. Planned a nice prawn thai green curry with onions and peppers and brown rice for din dins so have to earn some more calories! Anyone got anything nice planned for dinner?

Had my yummy breakfast to give me fuel to crack on with my revision. Good luck today everyone :drinker:
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the very warm welcome everybody! :flowerforyou:

I'm err, rather older at 31 :embarassed: but hey I have 2 cute kids! I'm 5'9 and weigh 12st2, target is 11st7, I have been 11st once but I honestly don't think its maintainable for me

I am 40 and there is no hope for me then!:cry::cry:
    Started reading the thread,....getting all excited joining my fellow countrymen in doing challenges and then bang! people are throwing out ages!!!:ohwell: Oh well, i take it I don't qualify to join?:cry:

dang! can never use this quote button properly!:bigsmile:
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Options
    awww there is hope for you hgam1, I am only 1 year behind you :devil:

Lets get some challenges set, how do we go about it? Do we go by mini goals? kilo's/lbs lost?

Would be fun to set a few challenges for us Brits :happy:

I joined gym and really enjoyed myself, spent an hour working out and going back again tomorrow for more :bigsmile: I love getting sweaty!!! :bigsmile: :blushing: :laugh:
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    There is no age limit, i think its cool we range from 20 to 43 :glasses:

I am doing pretty well so far, had 2 slices of DH's birthday cake (one yesterday, one tonight), but I have done lots of exercise - 20 mins with buggy and 20 mins on the lateral thigh trainer today. Food:
    B - porridge
    L - beans on toast
    D - jambalaya sauce and pasta - this is chicken soup, tinned toms, worcester sauce, onions and spices and is much nicer than it sounds but very low cal and fat! Its brill cos I make chicken jambalaya on day one, then eat the extra sauce with pasta on day 2 :bigsmile:
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    Welcome to the group hgam1! You've already had such successful weight loss, you look amazing in your pics!! And your little girl is adorable :smooched:

Glad you enjoyed the gym Helen! What sort of stuff did you do? I'd be way too scared to go, I know I'm just so unfit when it comes to high impact cardio. Cycling, swimming and walking are as good as it gets for me :grumble:

How was everyones day? I had some good news, after being really down last night about uni stress I got the marks back from my Spanish exam and I did really well! So glad, I was really starting to panic. My cold is practically gone so I made it to swimming, did just over an hour of breast stroke. It's really working my arms, but I want to work my legs aswell, any tips?

Our challenges for this week are at least 4 one hour sets of cardio and drink all of our water. What ideas do you have Helen?
  • lorro
    Options
    Hi Everyone :drinker:

Katherine - I go through phases with Moyles, sometimes he's fab and then he irritates me - never sure if it's him or me. Do you listen?

Lorro - any nice lycra at the gym? The aussie hat is inspired! If only I could order my aussie to be delivered with it! :laugh:

Cinnamon, sounds like everything is back on track! I did 30 mins dance today. I used to do long distance swimming. We used to do just the legs for front crawl and hold a small float out in front. They show the technique here: http://www.videojug.com/film/advanced-front-crawl

Shoppie, going to try the Jambala this weekend. What spices do you use? Is it child friendly? Cheers! :smile:
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Hi Everyone :drinker:

Katherine - I go through phases with Moyles, sometimes he's fab and then he irritates me - never sure if it's him or me. Do you listen?

Lorro - any nice lycra at the gym? The aussie hat is inspired! If only I could order my aussie to be delivered with it! :laugh:

Cinnamon, sounds like everything is back on track! I did 30 mins dance today. I used to do long distance swimming. We used to do just the legs for front crawl and hold a small float out in front. They show the technique here: http://www.videojug.com/film/advanced-front-crawl

Shoppie, going to try the Jambala this weekend. What spices do you use? Is it child friendly? Cheers! :smile:

Lorro, :flowerforyou:
    How are you?

Yes i was listening to the show on wednesday i think and there is a guy that calls in everyweek to let them know how he is getting on with his weight loss.. he goes to slimming world and when he first started over 5 weeks ago he weighed 23st... now he is down to 20st 1/2lb.. its really good to hear how he is doing with his weight loss.. i thought i woudl share!!

I hope everyone has a lovely day - shame about the weather... :grumble:

I have my Woking Bikeathon on sunday! Wish me luck!

Katherine :heart: