Muscular or Skinny model look?

Options
EuroDriver12
EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
What do you like? When a guy is big, muscular and cut(NOT like Jay cutler big or anything but decent healthy size)? or that skinny lean model look?

Im in my pic 210lbs and goal weight before i start cutting is 225-230... do you think i would be getting too big? mind you once i cut ill prolly drop to 190-200lbs of muscle...

Replies

• karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    muscular and cut
  • I like men that fall somewhere between the two. If you get too bulky, you'll look like a meat head. Too skinny, you'll look like you can't protect me. Just my opinion on what I like in a guy.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I think muscular is better, just as long as its not scary muscular.
  • cravelove
    Options
    I think you should decide how YOU want to look and not worry about what others like :)

I personally think you look great as you are in your profile picture, I don't like skinny 'model' men, I like a bit of buff, but too much puts me off. And again, personally, I wouldn't find you attractive any more muscular than you already are.

But everyone is different, so I guess it comes down to how feel good :)
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Muscular!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I love a well defined man, not one "pumped up" to extreme.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I like men that fall somewhere between the two. If you get too bulky, you'll look like a meat head. Too skinny, you'll look like you can't protect me. Just my opinion on what I like in a guy.

This, except I don't really care if a guy can protect me or not. I can take care of myself. But for purely aesthetic reasons, I like a guy who's lean and muscular, but not huge. I'm not into the bodybuilder look.
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    I think you should decide how YOU want to look and not worry about what others like :)

I personally think you look great as you are in your profile picture, I don't like skinny 'model' men, I like a bit of buff, but too much puts me off. And again, personally, I wouldn't find you attractive any more muscular than you already are.

But everyone is different, so I guess it comes down to how feel good :)

hah thats the great thing about my body! i can transform it into anything i want! Winters i bulk so im not too cut but i get big... im just trying to picture how i will look at 225-230 if ill be toooo big or just perfect :P just asking cuz gf said if i look any bigger ill look like a juice monkey lol but im not close to being satified with my strengh n muscularity
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with the same issue and resolved to just strive for health - and let the body size cards fall where they may.
    I have seen and experienced the big mass builders turn to slugs given enough time.

My goal is to shoot for the waist size I wore at age 20: pants size 32, and to get there I had to sacrifice mass, but that is what's the most fit and healthy. And most ladies who judge male beauty don't much favor huge, puffy guys for the most part.
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    I have struggled with the same issue and resolved to just strive for health - and let the body size cards fall where they may.
    I have seen and experienced the big mass builders turn to slugs given enough time.

My goal is to shoot for the waist size I wore at age 20: pants size 32, and to get there I had to sacrifice mass, but that is what's the most fit and healthy. And most ladies who judge male beauty don't much favor huge, puffy guys for the most part.

im 33 when bulking and if i cut a little im 32 or less the pants n belts that i wore when i was skinny fat dont fit me anymore but i weight like 40lbs more lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for either of those looks. I like muscle but I do not like a guy that looks like he spends hours in the gym or obsesses over body fat %. I like a guy to look like he enjoys eating and drinking but also is active enough to have muscle not be fat. I like (and luckily have) someone that looks like they enjoy life without obsessing over their looks.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I like something in the middle.

But honestly it depends on the person underneath it all. Women aren't always as shallow or into looks as men can be at times.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I think huge and muscular is so unattractive.
    These are my ideal body types on guys, although any more muscular than the first one, and it would be a bit too much.

6182242132_516f91ebac.jpg
    body by peacefulvibrations, on Flickr

6521077709_ff680074cb.jpg
    brazil by peacefulvibrations, on Flickr

6521077749_b7d93b2224.jpg
    zac5 by peacefulvibrations, on Flickr

(Zac at the end is nice, because he doesn't have a super chiseled six pack, but his abs are nice and tight and toned with little body fat on top of i)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Personal preference, I like the thinner/leaner look on guys. Not scrawny, but not muscular. However, the only thing I really don't find attractive is guys with big necks and arms so big that they can't touch their hands to their sides when their arms are down without bending their arm! I've seen a good amount of guys at my gym (on a college campus) that seem to only focus on their arms and chest and it looks awkward, to me at least.
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    I think huge and muscular is so unattractive.
    These are my ideal body types on guys, although any more muscular than the first one, and it would be a bit too much.

6182242132_516f91ebac.jpg
    body by peacefulvibrations, on Flickr

6521077709_ff680074cb.jpg
    brazil by peacefulvibrations, on Flickr

6521077749_b7d93b2224.jpg
    zac5 by peacefulvibrations, on Flickr

(Zac at the end is nice, because he doesn't have a super chiseled six pack, but his abs are nice and tight and toned with little body fat on top of i)

yeah first pic is roughly where i want to be around summer if he was on a 6'2 frame he would roughly be 195-200lbs...
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    Thin, muscular and cut. Not big bulky muscles. I like when you look at a guy and you can tell he's in shape, but you're pleasently surprised when he takes of his shirt and you see some sexy abs/definition. So I guess that's a balance between model and bulky. :)
  • EuroDriver12
    Options
    Personal preference, I like the thinner/leaner look on guys. Not scrawny, but not muscular. However, the only thing I really don't find attractive is guys with big necks and arms so big that they can't touch their hands to their sides when their arms are down without bending their arm! I've seen a good amount of guys at my gym (on a college campus) that seem to only focus on their arms and chest and it looks awkward, to me at least.

i agree... you have to have proper vision to look good and i have seen ALOT of ppl to go to the gym n say i want bigger arms so they do arms all week long lol then they look like gorillas... i dont have that problem though and i very easly notice imperfections or muscles that are slacking and i fix them...
  • AussieNikki
    AussieNikki Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If he is in my bed, I prefer a leaner, toned man. My husband is pretty much spot on with that I like.

Now if he is on the movie screen or tv, I don't mind a little more muscle bulk. :tongue:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for either of those looks. I like muscle but I do not like a guy that looks like he spends hours in the gym or obsesses over body fat %. I like a guy to look like he enjoys eating and drinking but also is active enough to have muscle not be fat. I like (and luckily have) someone that looks like they enjoy life without obsessing over their looks.
    I like all of that too. My partner, however, currently has zero interest in fitness. Oh well, I still love him all the same. But I'll admit, I would love it if he would take an interest (and by that I mean do it because he wants to and not because I nudge him into it) into getting in shape.
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    bring on the muscles!!