Have you done Insanity..what do you think???

Options
I am starting Insanity next month, I just wanted to hear what you guys thought. I hear its intense but not impossible. So did you build stamina, loose weight/inches??? Any advice???

Replies

• kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump! I asked for Insanity for christmas so i'd love to hear what people say as well. :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    A couple of my friends have done it and love it. The key is really eating enough calories to maintain muscle mass. In fact all beachbody programs are about the same with nutrition. I have done p90x and clx and getting p90x2 for xmas. Recommend 1lb deficit or less.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I just started on Monday. It's real intense. The cardio on it is more intense than what's on P90X, but if you've completed that, you can do this too.
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ive done it before (and honestly should probably start again! haha)

Its a great workout! it definitely is not easy, but not impossible either - just make sure you go at your own pace at the correct form... no sense hurting yourself. Good luck!! and have fun with it! :smile:
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am starting Insanity next month, I just wanted to hear what you guys thought. I hear its intense but not impossible. So did you build stamina, loose weight/inches??? Any advice???

All of that! Get yourself a good pair of shoes and a tape measure. It's a lot of fun. You'll hate him and love him at the same time.
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can read more responses!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    You'll feel like dying. It's great! :happy:
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You'll feel like dying. It's great! :happy:

:laugh:
    I never thought I'd hear "You'll feel like dying" followed by "It's great."
  • I am starting Insanity next month, I just wanted to hear what you guys thought. I hear its intense but not impossible. So did you build stamina, loose weight/inches??? Any advice???

All of that! Get yourself a good pair of shoes and a tape measure. It's a lot of fun. You'll hate him and love him at the same time.

She's right. I think for me the most remarkable thing was seeing how much stronger and fitter I got within two weeks. Its fun and definitely a good challenge. Just try to create a balance between over-exerting yourself and taking it easy. I didn't loose a crazy amount of weight but my body defnitely became more toned and I got more definition. Once you stick with it, the end result is going to be a transformed you.

Good luck! :happy:
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have the Insanity program but I only do it for the intense cardio when I cant make it to the gym. I cant commit daily because my toddler is an exercise hater(lol) Never lets me finish a thing. Its hard on the knees,lots of jumping so you have to have proper form. Its also great toning as it incorporates lots of push ups, squats and ab work. Wish I could do the challenge with you! Good luck!
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I am looking forward to challenging my body.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I have the Insanity program but I only do it for the intense cardio when I cant make it to the gym. I cant commit daily because my toddler is an exercise hater(lol) Never lets me finish a thing. Its hard on the knees,lots of jumping so you have to have proper form. Its also great toning as it incorporates lots of push ups, squats and ab work. Wish I could do the challenge with you! Good luck!

yeah that would be nice, hopefully my fam will join me when they see me doing it at home.
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'd say I LOVE it since I've completed 4 rounds of it. :) I built up stamina, lost weight and inches.
    Its a great workout! it definitely is not easy, but not impossible either - just make sure you go at your own pace at the correct form... no sense hurting yourself. Good luck!! and have fun with it! :smile:

I agree with this too.

Good luck! :smile:
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options

That's my biggest challenge is I have two little ones. I end up doing it at like 4 AM! It's worked so far (only 5 days into it LOL)
  • nukehiker
    Options
    you will curse at Shaun T at time, but like some have said it will be a love hate relationship.... you will hate how hard some of the exercises etc but you will love that eventually you will see your own improvements. also yes get the tape measure !! the scale is not the only number you need to be looking at. in fact alot of ppl do not lose in the first month. I am about start the final month next week, and I also have done P90X.
  • ArnonsaeJ
    ArnonsaeJ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE insanity. Next week is my last week and I've had some really good results! Improved on the fit test lots, much more endurance, loosing inches and weight. (about 14 lbs so far and about 10 inches all over) Its all about pushing yourself and doing what you can do with the correct form. Once I finish this round I'll be starting a P90X Insanity 9 week Hybrid :) You can friend me if you'd like!!
  • manjot01
    Options
    I am on the second month and LOVE IT!!!! It's only 45 mins (goes up to almost an hour the second month), during that time you just wanna die but at the end you'll feel like a million bucks!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    You have to see this girl's results from Insanity, she looks amazing! I was always afraid to try it, but she's totally motivated me to put it on my wish list.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/421473-b4-during-just-a-few-more-lbs-until-i-hit-goal
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    good luck, whew, you're a warrior. I got chalene extreme instead. I rather lift heavy than kill myself right now with intense cardio although I still might do that.
  • dizam
    dizam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I tried Insanity, but I couldn't keep up, it was too hard for me. I went back to Power 90 (not P90X)